Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 10:23:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooting 9 people shouldnt he get a promotion for that, espeacilaly in Detroit. Remember there is nothing wrong with a shooting as long as the right people get shot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot a bunch of people and didn't get a damn cent. Again, not fair.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...a $38,000 per shot person per year bonus. Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shooting 9 people shouldn't he get a promotion for that, especially in Detroit. Remember there is nothing wrong with a shooting as long as the right people get shot.
View Quote

I only [b]WISH[/b] that They had more LEOs like Him in Detroit. Been there/Did That...SUCKED!

DoubleFeed:
Yup. I noticed they focused NO attention on who got shot, why, or the cases surrounding the shootings.
Yup, we have a real fair, balanced analysis of the situation there.
View Quote

Yep! Our Wise, Fair, and Unbiased Newspapers & Government Officials  make these kinds of decisions all the time! Just wish I could afford to move out west...[b]RIGHT NOW![/b]

Blaze-Of-Glory
I shot a bunch of people and didn't get a damn cent. Again, not fair.  
View Quote

S*it!, You'd be a natural in Our "Fine" motorcity!
View Quote

Imbroglio
Hmm...a $38,000 per shot person per year bonus. Where do I sign up?  
View Quote

If [b]ONLY[/b] it were this easy, We'd have had "Downtown" cleaned up and rebuilding years ago!

Lets see....On the one hand, We have an officer who has had to shoot a (small) few of the worst scumbags in the city, and for this He is getting a world of crap/sent away. On the other hand, We have a City( & Their Government Employees) Who are riddled with, Corruption, Paybacks, Slackers, Fools, Crooks, Liars, And every other Scumbag You could ever want to see, And the Cop is the "Bad Guy"?!?!?

[b]I GOTTA' GET OUT OF HERE![/b]

Tall Shadow

From the lovely suburbs of DETROIT [BD]

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
<>

I remember hearing about this guy a while back after he had been in 8 shootings (a friend lived in Detroit at the time).  He was simply out there in the mix every night he was on patrol.  If I recall correctly, he has been hit himself in 2 of the shootings and had shots fired at him in at least 6 of them.

Like the (very, very incomplete) newspaper article itself stated, they never found anything criminally wrong with any of the shootings.  He has also received no department discipline over them either.

If they could fire him for wrongdoing they certainly would, but he hasn't done anything wrong.  He is, like so many police officers all over the country, being punished for being out there doing his job instead of sitting in the hole all night napping or reading a newspaper.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Where's that thread about Hunter ( Fred Dryer )?

He was estimated to have shot about 260 people over a 10 year span.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
ok, i'm treading at my own perel here but this is just an observation based on past community vs. law enforcement situations. plus i live in the detroit area.

i'm bravely guessing that eugene brown is black. i say this because he has used lethal force continuously for the last 9 years and hasn't been attacked by the ACLU & the media yet (or until now). it seems that if he were a white officer he would have been the center of a huge investigation that would've certainly been a public media circus gone national, promting an immediate dismissal.

more attention was given to a few beatings by detroit area store security guards than this officer in question. you remember? al sharpton organized marches in detroit claiming "racism". and suddenly all white people were bad.

in this case, eugene went largely uncontested in 9 years of consistant behavior, and is actually getting paid lots of $ to simply leave.

if i'm right on this officer's ethenicity, then this should raise some red flags.

if i'm wrong, then i stand corrected, and i'll just say it's rather a bizzare situation that's beyond me.

i appologize if i offended anyone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I did a search on this guy and found this article and there is a picture of him there.

[url]http://www.freep.com/news/locway/sbio17_20000517.htm[/url]

GABRIEL B. TAIT/Detroit Free Press

Brown's 9 shootings, 1995-2000

1. Feb. 9: Fatally shot Roderick Carrington, 30, who Brown said attacked him with knives at a gas station at Grand River and West Grand Boulevard.

2. May 20: Says he accidentally fired his gun while climbing a fence, which collapsed, during the chase of a suspected car thief. No one was hurt.

3. Summer or fall: Fired at a suspected car thief who charged him, he said, with a screwdriver or antitheft steering wheel lock. No one was hurt.

4. Jan. 2: Exchanged shots with a fleeing car thief during a foot chase near Hogarth and Dexter on the west side, according to police reports. The suspect got away.

5. Sept. 21: Fatally shot Lamar Grable, 20, who Brown said shot at him during a foot chase near Field and Kercheval.

6. Jan. 22: Shot Darren Miller, 33, who Brown said attacked him with a sledgehammer when Brown intervened in an alleged domestic assault at a motorcycle club near Detroit City Airport.

7. Summer: Says he accidentally fired into the ground when he tripped getting out of his scout car after chasing a motorist near Jos. Campau and Davison.

8. Nov. 4: Fired when, he said, a motorist tried to run him over at the end of a car chase near Alter and Warren on Detroit's east side. The driver was wounded, but recovered.

9. Jan. 12: Shot at shoplifters who allegedly tried to run him down at the end of a car chase near Tel-Twelve Mall in Southfield. No one was hurt.

Charging someone with murder in Detroit is like trying to hand out speeding tickets out at the  Indianapolis 500.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top