Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 12:50:26 PM EDT
I plunked down my $4.00 and saw Scorpion King yesterday. It was an entertaining movie. Its what you'd expect it to be. Anyone else see it, and what'd you think of it?
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
We saw it and added it to our "must have" on DVD list.  Lotsa action, and subtle humor.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FOUR bucks?  I haven't seen a movie that cost four bucks in 20 years!!!  Try EIGHT.
View Quote

All movies before 6pm are $4.00. All movies after 6pm are $6.00
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't they allready make that and it was called Conan The Barbarian?

Maybe it is good, but I will wait for the DVD to rent.

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I saw it yesterday and I agree with DonR's diagnosis.

I can't wait to see "Undercover Brother."
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't they allready make that and it was called Conan The Barbarian?

Maybe it is good, but I will wait for the DVD to rent.

View Quote

Its close. Many of the movie critics are saying THE ROCK is going to be the next Arnold Swarzenagger. After seeing that movie I beleive he will. Looks like hes got what it takes to make it in the Action movie realm. Just my opinion.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My wife and I saw it yesterday and I agree with DonR's diagnosis.

I can't wait to see "Undercover Brother."
View Quote

Under cover Brother looked pretty funny,but I'll probably wait till its comes out on video for that one. HAHA
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw "Brother" on DVD and it was great. Lots of subtle laughs and interesting action.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Saw "Brother" on DVD and it was great. Lots of subtle laughs and interesting action.
View Quote

Undercover Brother hasn't come out yet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I was kinda let down by the scorpion king. I thought The Mummy and 2 was better. And nothing beats Conan. "Conan, what is best in life?"

"Brother" was about a Japanese guy who left Japan due to "family" problems. And pretty much became a hitman for his brother in America. Was good movie.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it. MAN THE SORCERESS CHICK WAS A HOTTIE!! That's all I kept thinking throughout the movie. I was waiting to see boobies. However all they had was action, and killing and battle scenes. [:(]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw it. MAN THE SORCERESS CHICK WAS A HOTTIE!! That's all I kept thinking throughout the movie. I was waiting to see boobies. However all they had was action, and killing and battle scenes. [:(]
View Quote

You bet shes hot. Her name is Kelly Hu. She used to be on Nash Bridges and Marshall Law. I loves those good lookin Asian Womenz. It had good action in it. By the way I was hoping to see some boobies myself[;)]
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
MMMM KELLY

[img]http://www.kellyhu.info/images/AHF_KHu-6-r.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I liked it.  It was 5.50 here before 6pm.  And I can see him making movies like Arnold.  Would be fine by me.  Yes she was hot, but wouldn't you expect that?  I mean, who would like to see someone like Rosie Doughnut in a movie like this. [puke]

During the previews they showed a movie about Dragons (Reign of Fire ).  It will probably suck but it sure looked damn good.  Can't wait to see it even if it has Matthew McConaughey.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I liked it.  It was 5.50 here before 6pm.  And I can see him making movies like Arnold.  Would be fine by me.  Yes she was hot, but wouldn't you expect that?  I mean, who would like to see someone like Rosie Doughnut in a movie like this. [puke]

During the previews they showed a movie about Dragons (Reign of Fire ).  It will probably suck but it sure looked damn good.  Can't wait to see it even if it has Matthew McConaughey.
View Quote

I was also thinking Reign of Fire looked pretty cool. I'm gonna see it when it comes out on July 12. That other preview Eight Legged Freaks looked kinda stupid, but it has shotguns in it, so it might be Ok.[:\]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Many of the movie critics are saying THE ROCK is going to be the next Arnold Swarzenagger.
View Quote

Plus, he hasn't got the goofy Austrian accent. But does he have Arnie's subtle sense of humor?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many of the movie critics are saying THE ROCK is going to be the next Arnold Swarzenagger.
View Quote

Plus, he hasn't got the goofy Austrian accent. But does he have Arnie's subtle sense of humor?
View Quote

You must not have seen the movie. He's pretty good at the subtle humor thing.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
haha, I love that eyebrow thing he does. It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Nope. The Rock should just keep his mouth shut and beat the crap out of people. He tried to be funny, but he just does not have the acting ability.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]
For some reason I keep thinking about Arnolds first movie... "Hercules in New York".

The Rock can't be any worse than Arnies debut. [:D]  They even had to dub Arnolds voice.  

My wife said all her friends thought it sucked.  That means it's probably "a guy flick" and I'll like it just fine [:D].
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
haha, I love that eyebrow thing he does. It was hilarious.
View Quote

You are referring to the people's eyebrow!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought it today and just watched it...

favorite quote:

Mathayus (Scorpion King) sez in opening scene:

BOO!
View Quote

lol [:)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#23]
"Hercules,  Arnold's first movie"?!?!!

Yeah, I saw that just recently...or more accurately, PART of it.

It was the absolute worst movie I've ever seen in terms of acting.

But Arnold was HUGE!

Incidentally,  Arnold had to bulk DOWN for Conan the Barbarian because he was so muscle bound that he couldn't handle the sword or other weapons convincingly.  His muscles were so big they restrained is range of motion.

I wonder how big he could get back up to if he really wanted to, now that he's fifty-ish?

Duane Johnson (The Rock) DOES have potential.  I'd say his acting ability in his first movie appearance was better than Arnold's first, so he may well do all right.

That he can do things with his eyebrow that Spock hadn't even mastered, well, that's a small but useful comical plus, too.
[>:/][;D]

CJ

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
There actually was a Scorpion King in Egyptian history. (Whereas, Conan is a fictional character.) There are extent artifacts, including weaponry with his heiroglyph on them......

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There actually was a Scorpion King in Egyptian history. (Whereas, Conan is a fictional character.) There are extent artifacts, including weaponry with his heiroglyph on them......

Scott

View Quote

Yup...saw a show on the Real Scorpion King last night on The History Channel...amazing stuff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top