Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2010 12:49:16 PM EDT
Anyone here have any experience with the Heritage Arms 22 pistols?  I'm looking for a 22 revolver for my son (11) and wanting to stay at or below $200
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one in college.  It shot fine, and was a fun toy to go plinking with when I'd run out of money in my ammo budget for the month.  It wasn't anything special, just an average .22 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Comes with a .22 and .22 magnum cylinder. Worth the cash I spent on it. Fun little revolver. Not happy about the safety location.Or mere existence, really. Only thing I don't like about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a pair of them from a buddy who's dad had recently passed. Got em both for $150.00. They're decent little plinkers. My 5 y/o loves shooting them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've thought about picking one up, but reviews I've read haven't been that great. (finish, front sights needing to be bent over to get on target)

For the price, that should be expected though.  Academy has them on sale for around $160 occasionally.

I'll probably pick one up next time they go on sale.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Pros:

- inexpensive
- shoot straight
- .22S/SR/L/LR and .22WMR cylinders

Cons:
- Rust-prone finish
- oddball safety

I have one and like it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up for $100 from academy on a black friday deal. Sweet little gun. Front blade is a bit tall, but it's an accurate pistol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Fantastic little revolvers. Buy with confidence.

Paint chips a lil at 5000+ rounds but that is cosmetic. I shoot copper washed ammo. I have not ' had' to clean it.
Mine cost $139+tax

Dead nuts on target. No issues.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice little pistol, fun to shoot.  I have 2 of them, shot the hell out of them.  I only had 2 problems with one of them, front blade disappeared after a long range session and a few weeks later I couldn't cock the hammer any longer.  But my dealer was able to fix it in 5 minutes he told me it was a problem with all the early models whether that was true or not I couldn't say because the 2nd pistol I have never has given me any problems.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like I need to get him one then... I was going to get the adjustable sight model, but I guess if they shoot straight, I can get the fixed sight model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top