Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 2:35:46 PM EDT
Listen to the song, and then I'll tell you a story I was reminded of the other day...

Back in the mid 80's Warren Zevon played at a club here in Chattanooga. A couple of off duty CPD officers, one of them a good friend of mine, were there working security. According to another friend of mine who worked there, Zevon was in a foul mood, and after the show he went straight to his bus. My cop friend asked my other friend who worked there if it would be possible to meet him and get an autograph.

So they went on his bus and talked for a bit, and my cop buddy told Zevon that he liked this song, and asked Zevon if he had ever actually shot a Thompson Submachinegun. Of course, Zevon said no, he hadn't, and my buddy, who owns a 1928 Thompson, said "You want to?"

Zevon perked up and said "Hell yeah! When?" And my buddy said "Right now!" So they took him out on Moccasin Bend to the CPD range, turned on the lights and Warren burned about 500 rounds. They said you couldn't have wiped the smile off his face!

Just thought y'all might enjoy the story.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad ass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That really is a cool story bro.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big Warren Zevon fan.  What a cool story!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
CHECK out the song " the envoy" by warren zevon. its years ahead of its time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
When I complained about my neighbor, Roland Thompson, to my friend Von Ohlen, I heard about Zevon's song.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Very good song, along with all of Zevons songs.  I think this one and My shits Fucked up are my favorites.  Shame we lost him when we did
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top