Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 4:56:00 AM EDT
I heard on our local news LOU.  KY.  that a group of high school teachers and students were taking a trip this weekend to DC to protest our war on terrorism.  They interviewed one of the students and you could tell he was brainwashed with liberalism and naive as all high schoolers are.  Started saying that the war is wrong.  It's wrong to retaliate with war because of 9/11.  Then I just about ripped my radio out of the dash when he said "you know,  Ghandi stated an eye for an eye will leave the world blind."  
WTF are they teaching to our children.  I wish I was there to ask so what does turning the other cheek get you???? More people killed? Living afraid is not living at all.
I just had to get this off my chest.....I'm worried about our youth and future.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Makes you want to home school kids more and more these days!

You know the whole "turn the other cheek" phrase that has been quoted out of the bible has been taken out of context. This whole phrase refers to when a christian is tyring to witness to a non-christin in that one is to love the sinner but hate the sin. You love the individual, but just because you love someone does not mean that there are not consequences for there actions. There actions is what you hate. You dont allow that individual to walk over you.

Also jesus himself made a reference in the bible for self defense, and for takeing up arms, something about makeing sure one has a sword, I cant remember the whole phrase right know, but in a sense you fight for self defense and you protect yourself. In the terms of a country you defend your borders and go after those that would want to destroy your country.

The war on terrorism is a fight for self-defense, not in retaliation,not for vengance, but for self-defense of our nation. If we are not pro-active in dealing with terrorism, well lets just say that there wont be to many freedom loveing nations around.

Just think that whole mindset within this generation of youth is going to be our future politicians.[shock]    [shock]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Then I just about ripped my radio out of the dash when he said "you know,  Ghandi stated an eye for an eye will leave the world blind."  
View Quote

Whenever I hear this twaddle from someone, I say two things that either evoke a torrent of incoherent squealing, or cause a stroke in the one who uttered it:

1. Gandhi wasn't too bright. [I usually pause here to listen for the gasp]. He was a lucky man with an uncanny ability for bad poetry.

2. During WW2, after the persecution of German Jews had already reached an advanced stage, Gandhi advised them:  "the stoniest German heart will melt [if the Jews] adopt active nonviolence. ... I do not despair of his [Hitler’s] responding to human suffering. …"

And he also advised the British to [i]surrender[/i].

Fun to see a pacifist's idol crushed like that.

I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks CLP, I've got a girlfriend who is Ghandi preachy, so this might shut her the fuck up!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Ghandi was a lousy husband and father.  And the problems (and deaths) we have today between India and Pakistan can all be traced to his weakness on the partition issue.  In the end Ghandi may have killed millions.

Chuck
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a real hard time trying to relate to anyone who thinks we shouldn't defend ourselves.  We as a nation owe it to ourselves, our children and their children etc to provide a place that everyone can live in peace and have a sense of safety.  This is what should be taught in schools.  Our fathers and grandfathers did it in the past and if they took the approach that some teach in schools today we'd be speaking German or Japanese.  I don't advocate war but I do advocate self defense and I will fight to preserve the American way of life to the death (as so many have done in the past).  I don't want them teaching my children the kind of bullshit I opened this topic with and am starting to believe that home schooling is the only way to go.  However it's not the answer....The problem is like what minuteman3 stated....these kids are the future.  what we teach and ingrain now is the future.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop/ww2propaganda/ropekid-liberals.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Then I just about ripped my radio out of the dash when he said "you know,  Ghandi stated an eye for an eye will leave the world blind."  
View Quote

Whenever I hear this twaddle from someone, I say two things that either evoke a torrent of incoherent squealing, or cause a stroke in the one who uttered it...
View Quote

You are absolutely right. Passive non-violence only works against those who hold western values. If Ghandi had been up against the Japanese, they would have simply liquidated him and all of his followers (and not invited him for tea to reconsider his views, like the British).

Look around the world today. Does anyone think it worked against the PRC? The Tibetans (who is more peaceful?) and students were massacred.

What about Zimbabwe today... would it work there? What about Burma (sorry, "Myanmar") with so many peace-loving Buddhists? Cuba? Iraq? Need I go on?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
The BS kids are exposed to by teachers in high school is nothing compared to the crap college professors will throw at them. I had a history professor that would make you puke through your ears. The hippies ruined everything, and they are in the positions to win the hearts and minds of American children.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys got to realize that not all high school students are like this. In fact, not even close to half. I'm a senior in high school and am signing up for infantry in the Marines when I turn 18, just to serve my country and to fight for liberty. All the people I choose to hang out with at school all believe in the fight for terrorism, and those which don't will surely get yelled at, or sometimes even punched, by some of my friends or me for their stupidity.

I know of all too many hippy teachers and simply having them as my instructors pisses me off to the point of wanting to complain to the school board to end their constant non-violance rantings. But that wouldn't accomplish anything of course. I try to ignore everything they say, and do the work, and get the hell out of that class.

I remember, about a month after 9/11, our government/economics teachers invited a professor from Afghanistan to talk with our classes and preach his anti-American beliefs. Every time one of the students would argue with him, our own teachers would yell at him (and sometimes throw them out of class). I wanted to punch that bastard so much for blaming 9/11 on the United States for its policies in the middle east.

Then there's my government teacher, who is also the mayor of a town in OR. He brags and finds humor in how he evaded the draft in the '60's. The students laugh when he talks about failing his cholestorol test for his phsyical because he ate nothing but raw eggs before the test, to assure he would fail. I just stared at him, and all the pussies who were laughing, none of whom would EVER serve this country.

Sorry about going off on this, but I can't wait to finally graduate and get the hell out of that school. There's still a couple cool teachers who trust and believe in our military and this country. But I think ALL the teachers need to have this point of view. Thanks for listening...
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
If they don't like it here in America then move the hell out.

Go over to Palestine and fight with them.  People may hate that American Taliban, but at least he had the guts to go there and do it.

Deeds not words liberals.

Our way of life was attacked by people that hate our very existence.

Brave servicemembers are out there risking lif and limb trying to rid the world of this disease.

The only reason why they have the opportunity to speak out is because the military protects them.

We should pass some sort of legislation against being a wuss.

[pissed]

Max
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If they don't like it here in America then move the hell out.

Go over to Palestine and fight with them.  People may hate that American Taliban, but at least he had the guts to go there and do it.

Deeds not words liberals.

Our way of life was attacked by people that hate our very existence.

Brave servicemembers are out there risking lif and limb trying to rid the world of this disease.

The only reason why they have the opportunity to speak out is because the military protects them.

We should pass some sort of legislation against being a wuss.

[pissed]

Max
View Quote

To a certain degree, I think the liberal world's mind was opened up to the truth after Daniel Pearl was executed by the Pakistanis.  

I think they honestly believed that there is some American attitude which is given off overseas, which leads to us being hated.  When an innocent man (and a Jew) was executed for nothing, the libs realized that it is ass kicking time.  There is no negotiating with people who will stab you any chance they get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top