Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The facts seem accurate.....
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Striker,
my U.S. first (not Israel, not the Palestinians) is followed by caring about Canada and Great Britain and hopefully I so state each time I post on the subject.

The 'high regard' (choke, gasp, strangle) with which the British hold America's fighting forces extends at least back to our Revolutionary War.

(The British found themselves wrong then too.)

Somehow when I think of WW II Europe, my first thoughts are of D-Day with Americans, British and Canadians lining those beaches of death.  Even occasional thoughts of that Jackass Bernard L. Montgomery can never sully that beach image !  Together we got off those beaches and together we visited Berlin.  Together we will again prevail.

Our British cousins have an inferiority complex these days.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
How can those armchair dildos say their troops are so much better than ours when there was no resistance?  It's like saying 'you guys suck, look how fast we climbed the mountains and took charge of abandoned positions'. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Whenever I spoke favorable of England in the past it was always, at least to me, a given that included the colonies such as Canada, Australia, etc. I realize they are separate independent countries but they usually support each other as well as the United States.

Damn shame about the bombing. Hope it proves to genuinely be a accident.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top