Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I love that vid
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That isn't what is supposed to happen?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that clip highlights the difference between the professionalism of our military and theirs.

They laugh about deploying a grenade on themselves, our guys would get the shit smoked out of them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Stay tuned next week,  grenade training..
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think that clip highlights the difference between the professionalism of our military and theirs.

They laugh about deploying a grenade on themselves, our guys would get the shit smoked out of them.

If it was over gross negligence or repeatedly dicked up, that might be warranted, expecting perfection is unrealistic and punishing for EVERY mistake just makes people bitter.

I say this as a training NCO.

ETA: Pain should be the last resort to teach, people who go to it as a primary option are bad teachers and weak leaders.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
In before the Glock joke.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I d s s
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
How to deploy a flashbang...

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag for a big screen!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#13]

I'd beat that guy within an inch of his life, I don't play around when it comes to things that could very possibly blind me.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know if that was my platoon we would have been laughing as well.  

In Basic training, one of our drill sergeants held the door closed while we were practicing MOUT operations, the guy who tossed the grenade (practice one of course) nto the room didn't notice the door didn't open and threw it right into the feet of our pointman, the drill sergeant got real enjoyment out of doing that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was over gross negligence or repeatedly dicked up, that might be warranted, expecting perfection is unrealistic and punishing for EVERY mistake just makes people bitter.

ETA:Pain should be the last resort to teach, people who go to it as a primary option are bad teachers and weak leaders.

Absolutely.

It just seems that when practicing something as critical as breaching a room they wouldn't laugh about incapacitating themselves.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:Pain should be the last resort to teach, people who go to it as a primary option are bad teachers and weak leaders.

Absolutely.

It just seems that when practicing something as critical as breaching a room they wouldn't laugh about incapacitating themselves.

Meh, in my experience the people that take themselves too seriously are not the best performers, you need to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely.

Meh, in my experience the people that take themselves too seriously are not the best performers, you need to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes.

A time and place for everything I guess.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

A time and place for everything I guess.

Don't get me wrong, if they failed to learn from it and repeated the mistake, due to inattention or laziness, then it's game time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]
How TO deploy a flashbang.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top