BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lessons learned: Don't trust a guy named Bad Bobby.

I feel bad for Bad Bobby. Sure, he successfully stole 10s of thousand$ of dollars from other players. But his reputation in the game is ruined and that's something he has to live for the rest of his life! I mean, it's not like he can just create a new character and start over.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, considering how skills are learned in EVE.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm amazed people still play that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This is part of the game...and some people have WAY too much time on their hands.

And $$$ to burn apparently...

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My only question is, how could a new player even become involved with a game that dense?

Name yourself Innominate Nightmare, become the richest most popular player in the game.

Once again, in English, please.  

A relatively new player decided to set off into deep space piloting nothing but an unarmed shuttle - a death sentence for anyone that would attempt this. He not only survived the trip, but made several chance encounters, one thing led to another and before long he had become one of the richest single players in the game.

He blogged about his adventures which are hilariously described in detail at http://00experiment.blogspot.com/

It's quite an entertaining read even for non-eve players. No one knows what happened to Innominate though, he suddenly disappeared around 2007 or so. His legend will live on forever.

So, he was EVE's Shawn of the Dead?

(BTW-That is a pretty good read.)

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The $45K dollar figure is a bit misleading - that is how much it would be worth legitimately, but not on the black market.  EvE allows you to buy 60 day Game Time Cards and sell them through a secure marketplace, current value is somewhere between 600-700mil for a $35 card.  The websites where you can skip the steps and just buy it are much cheaper, half or less generally, and EvE developers aggressively track people who buy ISK.  When they find you (sometimes it's 6 or 7 months down the road), they will remove the amount you purchased out of your wallet, generally leaving you with a negative amount, which stops your character from being able to do pretty much anything until your wallet is positive again.

He'll never be able to realize that money, if he's able to get 1/4th I would be *shocked*.

850bil is quite a bit though, when we had all of our reaction chains running full swing in Delve, we were pulling in 2-5bil/month profit.  With 5-10bil in your wallet, you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want and not have to worry about money anymore.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top