Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Guns and Gear is by far the worst! Tom Gresham's son is such a fucking tool, his daddy had to give him something to do.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
what is the show with the little bald guy who always wears great big wrap around black sunglasses, I think his name is Aaron
I also think that Patrick Sweeney is on it also

Handguns and Pat Sweeney isnt on there anymore, the show actually improved a little bit without him but simply for the multiple choppy switchies in camera angle during each section of video I have to place this show in #2 of the worst.

Actually the ex-NYPD guy that replaced Patrick Sweeney is DULL as dirt to listen to. Flat & unexciting. You can tell he's reading the teleprompter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"Gallery of Guns TV" on the Sportsman's Channel is really lame.  

None of them really stand out...

<STIFFLY> "That looks like a really great gun, Tactical Ted.  Why don't we go out on the range and try it out"?<STIFFLY>

Rinse, lather, and repeat 5 or 6 times per 30 minute episode in a bland, falsely excited, rote manner.

"Gallery Of Guns TV" bores me to tears.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont care for Tequila Sunrise or whatever his name is (Cowboy Elvis?) on the western shooting show.

While I am not into the whole SASS thing I watched the show before they switched him to host.  I dont know what happened to the other guy but he was a far superior host.

Cowboy Elvis is a fuckin tool. Aaron Roberts from the old tactical impact and the hangun shows drives me nuts to. Only shows I like now are Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms. Sucks they dont have Jason Falla and Kyle Defoors on them anymore.

Where are you still watching Tactical Impact?  I have not seen it this season just Tactical Weapons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I watched one episode of it where they were trying to see if a certian semi-auto shotgun would fire if dropped with one in the chamber.

So he, all 350lbs of himself, gets up in this stand thats about 18' tall and drops the shotgun straight down to the ground so it will land on the butt, barrel poointing straight up, at himself in the stand.    

No way... wow.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont care for Tequila Sunrise or whatever his name is (Cowboy Elvis?) on the western shooting show.

While I am not into the whole SASS thing I watched the show before they switched him to host.  I dont know what happened to the other guy but he was a far superior host.

Cowboy Elvis is a fuckin tool. Aaron Roberts from the old tactical impact and the hangun shows drives me nuts to. Only shows I like now are Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms. Sucks they dont have Jason Falla and Kyle Defoors on them anymore.

Where are you still watching Tactical Impact?  I have not seen it this season just Tactical Weapons.

Sorry I guess it is just Tactical Impact now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
the one i cant stand is tactical impact, or whatever they call it now, should just be called ,fat guy skinny guy matching outfit show. i only watch it hopeing to see the skinny guy shoot his finger off
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My vote goes for Field and Streams GUN NUTS.  I give them this vote because of their unenthusiastic narrating, their horrible gun safety and their very cheaply done editing.  What say you ARFCOM?

Those guys are like watching an extended youtube video with commercials.  They are so "unpolished" it isn't funny.

However, I'd rather watch something as bad as those two Northeast sounding almost-a-bees, than the news.

But they show me how to "smoke them on station"

Not being a trap/skeet/sporting clays shooter, I find the "shotgun" portion of The Gun Nuts to be the most interesting. I have no idea if I'm getting good info or not (so I take it with a grain of salt), but it's something I don't know a lot about to begin with.

David Petzal is one of the hosts I find myself arguing with when he's on the screen- I'll agree that his writing is better than his hosting, though. Plus, their list of the GREATEST GUNS EVER leaves a lot to be desired. "Fudd Nuts", indeed.

Best show for those of us on the cheap cable is American Rifleman, hands down.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the one i cant stand is tactical impact, or whatever they call it now, should just be called ,fat guy skinny guy matching outfit show. i only watch it hopeing to see the skinny guy shoot his finger off

Do you know who "The Fat Guy" is?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:06:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I watch many of these shows, and agree the 2 camera (weird angle and b/w) shots do more to annoy than ad zest to the shows.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:22:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know who "The Fat Guy" is?

I suspect he's trying to be funny.

Face it they are all just video versions of Gun Magazines there to sell you the lastest Ruger/S&W/Kimber. I watch them anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I am not crazy about that Ruger show.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I DVR almost all of them because Shitty gun TV is better than about 90% of all TV.  I do agree that most of them are nothing but advertisements for the sponsors but again how often do you actually get to see firearms in a positive capacity and hear gunshots that do not sound like an atomic bomb.  Honest depictions of supressors are also a welcome thing to see on TV even if it is a documentary.  The biggest ad whore show has got to be Guns and Ammo TV if I see another 1/2 hour Hornady commercial I am going to spit.

This! Mediocre gun shows are better than no gun shows.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I only watched it twice, but Ruger's CCW show.  I never see actual training.  One episode was all about a gay gentleman who was attacked 20 years ago, and the other show was about k9 dog training.  Maybe it was the two episodes I watched, but it was bad.

This.  I watched it once, and I could sum up the experience in one word:  "NOT"

I like 'Tactical Arms with Larry Vickers' the best.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
1. I'm sick of that "Cowboys" show or whatever it's called about SASS. It was cool seeing something about it occasionally during "Shooting USA" but it gets boring as an entire show. Especially because it seems like the schedule is: Cowboys - Best Defense - Cowboys - Sighting In Shooting USA - Cowboys - American Rifleman - Cowboys...

2. I can't stand the "Remote Camera" disclaimer that pops up in the corner of the screen during American Rifleman (I think that's the one). So distracting, and I never would have thought "oh well, they shoot past a cameraman on TV, so I can ignore the rules of firearm safety." Anytime someone touches a firearm, that stupid disclaimer pops up. Just show a disclaimer warning thing at the beginning of the show if you're really worried about it. And I've seen it pop up several times when there was obviously a cameraman (camera panning and following the action, youtube videos, etc). Stupid.

3. Larry Potterfield's testing and ranking of CCW weapons is pretty questionable, but that dude apparently keeps the shows on the air with all his commercials, so I'll let him do what he wants.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top