Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:19:21 PM EDT
Anyone know the actual purpose of this? He was also wearing a leather vest and had a patch, riding a Harley.

I am figuring it is either a taunt to LE or its a warning /brag to other bikers.
Are the H.A. cool with this sort of thing?

I do not remember the name of the club his patch said, it was nothing I had seen before. I think it was 3 pieces, but I did not really wanna go stare or take pics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know the actual purpose of this? He was also wearing a leather vest and had a patch, riding a Harley.

I am figuring it is either a taunt to LE or its a warning /brag to other bikers.

yea they are cool with it,if he,s wearing that shirt .he got the ok to wear it
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I see 81 shirts in my area all the time. No big deal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
'What does 81 stand for?'
It's a metonym. The 8th letter of the alphabet is 'H', and the 1st letter is 'A', HA = Hells Angels.

Google
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I do not remember the name of the club his patch said, it was nothing I had seen before. I think it was 3 pieces, but I did not really wanna go stare or take pics.

What patch?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a metonym. The 8th letter of the alphabet is 'H', and the 1st letter is 'A', HA = Hells Angels.

Google

Hence the reason I asked if "H.A. were cool with it"?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What patch?

I don't remember, it was all red writing and written in a old-english sort of motif.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Different clubs have different rules when it come to showing support. The HAs are cool with showing your support such as "support 81" and such... However unless you are a fully patched HA member, you are not permitted to display the HA symbol.
However the mongols do allow non-patched members to display the mongol as a show of respect. Different clubs different by-laws.

If he is prospecting for the HAs he will have a vest with rockers, sate - club name then the patch.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Well Google led me to a HA site selling the shirts

so yeah I'd assume - but then again short of watching Sons of Anarchy I know shit about MCs
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Google

How...clever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google

How...clever.

Does seem a little too close to another group using a metonym , no ?

Edit : using my powers of deducting I'd say someone that's not a "patch holder" but is in someway affiliated with the group is permitted to wear the shirt - would that be correct ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#11]
They're called support shirts. You buy them and it helps the club, or club member selling it, meet the monthly dues....cause those are expensive and 9 out of 10 club members are broke as shit. Hard to keep a 9-5 when the club demands you make runs all the time. It's perfectly fine to wear it in their territory, but I wouldn't wander off too far with one on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google

How...clever.

Edit : using my powers of deducting I'd say someone that's not a "patch holder" but is in someway affiliated with the group is permitted to wear the shirt - would that be correct ?

Mexican mafia, no?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google

How...clever.

Mexican mafia, no?
88 = HH = Hungry Hippos

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#14]

81 supporter shirts are all over the place. What is important is what is stitched on the vest or jacket.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mexican mafia, no?
88 = HH = Hungry Hippos

[/quote]

88 = HH = Hells Hippos. Best not to fuck with them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#16]
look for the "1%" patch
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google

How...clever.

Mexican mafia, no?
88 = HH = Hungry Hippos

LOL

J-
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They're called support shirts. You buy them and it helps the club, or club member selling it, meet the monthly dues....cause those are expensive and 9 out of 10 club members are broke as shit. Hard to keep a 9-5 when the club demands you make runs all the time. It's perfectly fine to wear it in their territory, but I wouldn't wander off too far with one on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

What he said.

It's pretty common to see "Support Your Local Outlaws" t-shirts around here

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google

How...clever.

Mexican mafia, no?
88 = HH = Hungry Hippos

LOL

J-

81 = HA........ Hairy Assholes?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I've seen the "known associate" or "support your local xxxxx" t shirts and stickers several times.

My question is, what is the point?  Is it just because people think it looks cooler than "support your local bass fishing club", "support your local bowling club", or "support your local disabled veterans that are in wheelchairs for the rest of their life because instead of posing as a badass they actually are a fucking badass" logos?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#21]
A few years ago a couple 81's moved in to a rental house behind the satillite fire station that I frequently respond out of. They were usually very polite, always offering us beer when we'd return from a call or buying people coffee at the local convenience store. They gave everyone on our truck "Friends of the Hell's Angels" t shirts (which I promptly 86ed). After a few months everyone's suspicions of them died down and we figured they were just a bunch of dudes who liked to hang out and wear leather. After about six months a federal task force busted them up on a wide variety of narcotics distribution and weapons charges.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

88 = HH = Hungry Hippos

888 = HHH = Hungry, hungry hippos.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

88 = HH = Hungry Hippos

888 = HHH = Hungry, hungry hippos.

Saw my first Hells Angels rider here Sunday getting on I-10 from Ray Rd. I was...startled is the best word I guess. I mean I know they are pretty much in all the big cities now but I have been here seven years and never saw one before. And he was alone, another surprise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe Sonny Barger is a member of the Cave Creek chapter in AZ.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#25]
They can only wear the "colors if allowed" if the shirt or jacket has rocker panels than they are associates/members of the Angels. The Angels have a few other clubs that they run. I usually just see 81 support group shirts, because you have to be a " real member" to wear the colors or rockers. But lately they have been keeping a very low profile. They are currently at war with the Mongols.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They can only wear the "colors if allowed" if the shirt or jacket has rocker panels than they are associates/members of the Angels. The Angels have a few other clubs that they run. I usually just see 81 support group shirts, because you have to be a " real member" to wear the colors or rockers. But lately they have been keeping a very low profile. They are currently at war with the Mongols.

They have been for a long time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top