User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Dont hate the player.. hate the game.

There you go.

Just like us trying to find out how to get around some ATF rules there are gamers in the welfare role.  Yes, I know, pinning and welding a flash suppressor to make a 14.7" barrel 16" doesn't come out of other people's taxes but the idea is the same.

Rules are set to qualify for different forms of government assistance and finding out how to game the system to win for yourself and not end up in jail is pretty normal for certain folks.  I have nothing but dislike for them but as long as a system exists people will game it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've got one for you:

One of my probationers came in to report last week. I tell him he's behind on his supervision fees, so he tells me he is going to sell his food stamps to an uncle to pay the fees off.

Me: "You know you just admitted to me that you're going to commit welfare fraud."

Him: "Um, yeah, um, uh...."

Me: "And you just admitted you drove here without a license."

Him: <fidgeting>

Me: (on the inside)

I couldn't stand your job.  I can't even watch "Cops" and "World's Wildest Police *******" any more.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a good one for you. I've been working at Walmart to make some extra cash and this couple comes in every now and then and buys a shit load of junk food, all on food stamps. They then go to little league games and sell it like a concession stand. I've reported them twice now and they still keep coming in. Something that always gets me too is that they get all of this money on welfare and yet this couple will bitch at the top of their lungs if something they want doesn't ring up as a food stamp approved item; even if it's $2. Here's a pic of ONE of their carts from ONE day (their total bill was a little over $800):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/2010-06-29082917.jpg

Did you report them to the manager at WAL-MART or did you report them to your state's anti-fraud food stamp hotline?

Food stamps are a federal program but they are administered by the states, so each state has a fraud reporting hotline or office.

Search it up and call them.  What these people are doing is illegal.

(I'm thinking that if you just reported it to the manager of your store they might be turning a blind eye to it because they just want the sales).

Oh no, I reported it to the state. I know for a fact that management wouldn't do a damn thing about it. I don't know if the state is investigating it or what, all I know is that they still keep coming in every now and then.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I freakin' WISH welfare would pay for all of my bills, grub and such, I've been out of a REAL job for more than a year now, this odd job BS is annoying, I'm doing everything from pine needle removal, dog shit removal, handy man service, etc to make ends meet, I miss the days of a real job, hell, if uncle sugar wants to subsidize me a life in a lazyboy chair and a big screen TV, I am so there! I'll just spend my days at the range shooting, and my nights in front of the TV! Where do I sign up and how much loot can I loot from Johnny Taxpayer? Now, get off of the ARFCOM you bums! Get to work! Pay more taxes, I want my free flat screen and lazyboy chair!

Wait, I've got it, lets skip the middle man, everyone drop by, I'll pick your pockets instead of Uncle Sugar, I promise to not send the $$$ to Zimbabwe, although I will buy guns and booze with it, just so you know where the cash is going, fiscal accountability being what it is.

*singing* "I'm movin' on up....."

Looks like you need to re-evaluate your financial priorities if you have trouble paying the bills, are taking taxpayer dollars, and yet still have internet service.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welfare, food stamps and EIC all need to go away!  The ONLY thing I'd let stand would be WIC.

Agree, but I'd rather see them ALL go. WIC and school grants included.

Maybe I'm infected with a little liberal.  But WIC, is what welfare should be...very specific on what they can get (milk, cheese), no junk food.

Even though I don't have kids...it's not the childs fault, so that's why I'm ok with WIC.

That's not liberal, that is called compassion. It should come from us directly though
and not from the government. Cut out the middle man and this would reduce our taxes
and make sure that those getting the handout are worthy. There was a time that it worked
this way, this was before the progressives attacked.

Agreed.  The argument for this is made quite well by Marvin Olasky in his book The Tragedy of American Compassion.  When welfare was handled face to face, in the community and by the community there was a lot more incentive to get back up and become self sufficient.  This book should be required reading for anyone wishing to graduate High School.

http://www.amazon.com/Tragedy-American-Compassion-Marvin-Olasky/dp/089526725X

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got one for you:

One of my probationers came in to report last week. I tell him he's behind on his supervision fees, so he tells me he is going to sell his food stamps to an uncle to pay the fees off.

Me: "You know you just admitted to me that you're going to commit welfare fraud."

Him: "Um, yeah, um, uh...."

Me: "And you just admitted you drove here without a license."

Him: <fidgeting>

Me: (on the inside)

LOL Stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Being a kind-hearted, generous person, I say let them die.

It's like pulling off a band-aid, best done quickly and all at once.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a good one for you. I've been working at Walmart to make some extra cash and this couple comes in every now and then and buys a shit load of junk food, all on food stamps. They then go to little league games and sell it like a concession stand. I've reported them twice now and they still keep coming in. Something that always gets me too is that they get all of this money on welfare and yet this couple will bitch at the top of their lungs if something they want doesn't ring up as a food stamp approved item; even if it's $2. Here's a pic of ONE of their carts from ONE day (their total bill was a little over $800):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/2010-06-29082917.jpg

you'd probably get fired, but contacting someone in the media might get quite interesting.

THIS, DO IT.

DO IT...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top