Posted: 9/12/2010 5:11:08 AM EDT
What do you like?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
dave ramsey

whatever you do, don't buy anything, just go to your local library
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I would listen to anything narrated by Max Raphael.

He is the guy that does the narration for Modern Marvels.

Hell, he could narrate a book about toe jam, and I would enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know what your tastes are... I just went through a bunch of Nelson DeMille books... love the whole John Cory series.

Currently working through the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larson, enjoying that a lot.

Some other random good ones I've listened to lately:
That's Not in My American History Book, Thomas Ayres
Absolute Power, David Baldacci
Duma Key, Stephen King
Freakonomics, Stephen Dubner, Steven Levitt
The Last Founding Father, Harlow Giles Unger

ETA:  Anything narrated by Scott Brick
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Might be a little hoakey but Tom Bodett put out a really good light humored series starting with "The End of the Road"
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Zig Ziglar on sales, motivation, anything.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The Summer of 1787: The men who invented the Constitution. It's written by David O. Stewart
Very good book if you want some insight into what went on during the writing of our Constitution.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Mediu trip––One second after  

Long trip––Patriots by JW Rawles

Trip to the moon and back––Atlas Shrugged––Then listen to the rest of it at home.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#8]
The Company by Robert Littel, hands down the best audio book ever.  It's 45 hours long and I've listned to it once a year for the last 5 or so years.  The Counte of Monte Cristo is a great one too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I've listened to The Dark Tower series over my travels...but you need a LOOONNNG time to listen to them all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#11]
The last audiobook I bought for a drive was The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth.  It was ok.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Find something that is about your destination, if possible. For example, if you're going to Savannah, GA, get Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top