Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:16:51 AM EDT
...would you believe me? Lets say I travel back in time and come to you and simply say that a man named "Barack Hussein Obama" with a Muslim family background who
lived in Indonesia for his childhood would be elected the next president. You of course would not have heard of him but using the information at hand you would have to make a judgment.

If you told me back then I would have laughed in your face and said there would be no way in hell this country would elect someone with that name and background given the events of yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have trouble accepting it. It caused me to lose faith in the American public.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]

I would have said "Who?" 'cause nobody had even heard of him then.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

He missed an "a" before "Barrack Hussein Obama" or "someone named "Barrack Hussein Obama". Regardless, you two are missing the point entirely.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, on 09/12/2001, if you had said that, you probably would have gotten your ass kicked.

Think about it: "The next president of the US will be a Kenyan, Communist, Muslim from Chicago..."  SMACK!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still have trouble accepting it. It caused me to lose faith in the American public.

This
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

He missed an "a" before "Barrack Hussein Obama".

I didn't have enough room in the thread title. Lets say that I would simply say that a man named "Barack Hussein Obama" with a Muslim family background who lived in Indonesia for his childhood would be elected the next president. That's all the info I would offer.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
It is confirmation of our national self-destructive behavior.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I didn't have enough room in the thread title. Lets say that I would simply say that a man named "Barack Hussein Obama" with a Muslim family background who lived in Indonesia for his childhood would be elected the next president. That's all the info I would offer.

People wouldn't even need that much info. The Arab name alone would have been ridiculed. Which is the point.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1,000,000,000,000
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thought the same thing when I clicked on this thread.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I was saying "No Way" up until I saw the poll results coming in  It didn't take long for me to be disappointed in a large portion of my countrymen.

Note: I use the term 'men' in my previous statement loosely.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, on 09/12/2001, if you had said that, you probably would have gotten your ass kicked.

Think about it: "The next president of the US will be a Kenyan, Communist, Muslim from Chicago..."  SMACK!

Probably that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

People wouldn't even need that much info. The Arab name alone would have been ridiculed. Which is the point.

Exactly

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was saying "No Way" up until I saw the poll results coming in  It didn't take long for me to be disappointed in a large portion of my countrymen.

Note: I use the term 'men' in my previous statement loosely.

I don't trust my fellow citizens as much as I used to. It really proved who the summertime patriots were.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok who's the liar?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

He missed an "a" before "Barrack Hussein Obama" or "someone named "Barrack Hussein Obama". Regardless, you two are missing the point entirely.

Didn't miss anything. Answered his title/poll question, not his post. Hence the reason no post was quoted.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably that.

Fixed

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top