Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2010 1:06:21 PM EDT
People everywhere think a box of doughnuts is fair game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I have one?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That's why I stopped hanging around with cops.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it goes back to the k1-3 leftist indoctrination of the "if you're going to bring treats, bring enough for everyone" theory. It's the oldest and most insidious form of teaching the proles that they're entitled to the profits of other people's sweat and toil.
Just make a sign that says "This ain't Mother Russia / NYC / England - no pay / no play"
Fucking communist donut pilfering liberals

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can I have one?

Just take one, it's on the table so you're welcome to them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Kinda like my boss.

I bring a pizza and he just comes over and is like "Oh! you got pizza? yum!" and then takes a slice without asking . I almost slapped it out of his hand

I Fucking hate that. They need to learn some manners.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought that was one of those inalienable rights.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Because they are doughnuts.

Plain and simple.

What's wrong with you, anyway?

Do you think that when I snagged the dozen off the Verazzano Narrows bridge that I really thought I was going to get the whole dozen?

Sheesh!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that box of a dozen donuts just your breakfast or does it incluse you prelunch snack too?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
DOG NUTS are bad for you.  They stay solid and condense in your colon for years.  They are like plastic they never never die.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
my bad dude

you want it back
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah.  I used to have to stick notes on the boxes.."Do Not Eat".  I used to have meetings for victims families..somedays the boxes were empty before anyone showed up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought that was one of those inalienable rights.

Pizza? No.

Beer? No way.

Doughnuts? An inalienable right.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
a box of doughnuts is very inviting
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
If you buy a box of doughnuts and set it out on a table where people gather... that's pretty much an indication that you're sharing, I'd say.  

If you want them all to yourself, don't set them out in front of everyone.

Now, if they're coming into your office or cubicle and grabbing them off your desk without asking or being invited, that's a different story.

It's the social norm.  Deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my bad dude

you want it back

He said, replacing the doughnut with a bite missing back into the box
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Just be glad no one is seeing how many they can carry without using their hands.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Anything left on the table in the breakroom at my workplace is known and accepted by all to be fair game. If you don't want to share, put it in your personal space.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Because it's a box of doughnuts...  

Is this a trick question or something?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
my bad dude

you want it back

Put it back bite side down so he can't tell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I just take the whole box. Because if you take only one, eventually someone will take the last one, which will result in an empty box sitting there. Those who didn't get one will feel disappointed and left out. Everybody wins. If it saves one person from going through emotional turmoil at not getting a doughnut, it's worth it.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Do what I do: take a bite out of every one of them, then place the bitten end down in the box.
That way when the mooching mother fuckers do a Homer Simpson "Oooo donuts!" and grab one from the box they go "Awwww...shit" when they see the bite!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
my bad dude

you want it back

Put it back bite side down so he can't tell.

I only licked the glaze off  

it ain't like I was going to eat it
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#23]
The Brothers of the Sheild forum is that way ––––––––––––>
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe I'm a werido, but I eat donuts if they are out. They're donuts man

I also open people's fridges and help myself w/o asking.

I can't help it, I'm part Italian. I grew up w/ the idea ingrained into me that if i see food I can just eat it

I'm also that goofball who hands empty boxes of crunch n munch to the cashier when i check out
Speed
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#25]
soooo lemme get this straight....

you buy a box of doughnuts.

you bring them to work.

you fail to guard them.

some turn up missing.  

you get butt hurt.

instead of complaining to your office, you come to ARFCOM.

You post a thread and as most folks just take you as retarded, things don't go like you planned.  this brings us current I believe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#26]
We have a table at work that is for food anyone would bring in, like if someone brings in cookies, cake, or doughnuts. If you put it on that table or in the kitchen area shit is fair game. If you put it in one of the conference rooms it's off limits, but any that are left over after the meeting end up on the fair game table.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure, just eat the entire box on your own, fatty!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]
And people continue to wonder why cops are fat.  Its cause they hoard the entire box of donuts for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anything left on the table in the breakroom at my workplace is known and accepted by all to be fair game. If you don't want to share, put it in your personal space.

Bingo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Around here the rule is "in the break room" = fair game, "on the desk with easy access" = look for a nod, "on the desk without easy access" = private stash.

That's for a work office of course.  Rules are different for room-mates, cell mates, and family.

Put your doughnuts away properly and people won't grab them.  Out of sight out of my belly, so to speak.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]
box of donuts sitting out i can see that happening, what is worse is the people who go through the work fridge and take other peoples food
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do what I do: take a bite out of every one of them, then place the bitten end down in the box.
That way when the mooching mother fuckers do a Homer Simpson "Oooo donuts!" and grab one from the box they go "Awwww...shit" when they see the bite!

I did that about 7-8 years ago at a seminar.

You could tell the seagoing guys from the office people a mile off.

The office people went "Oooh! Yuk!"

The sailors dodn't bat an eyelash and chowed down.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#33]

I don't think doughnuts are fair game. Then again even when I'm told there are doughnuts and I can have one if I want. I have enough power resist the temptation to eat one of those sweet glazed delicious edible sins

What I want to know is why to people bitch about me ruining their diet when I bring in some homemade brownies(or other pastries)? Sure my brownies are half cheesecake and half brownie but that doesn't make them any less evil.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did that about 7-8 years ago at a seminar.

You could tell the seagoing guys from the office people a mile off.

The office people went "Oooh! Yuk!"

The sailors dodn't bat an eyelash and chowed down.

It wouldn't surprise me if piccolo invented that maneuver.

I have the opposite problem. I quit eating sweets, etc. at work long ago. Every time someone brings a box I try to decline and it's like they feel I'm insulting them. This morning some broad was pawning off gigantic gumball things.

So I just smile, take one and thank them...........

And ashcan them when they leave.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People everywhere think a box of doughnuts is fair game.

So...Why the fuck did you bring a box of donuts? So everyone can watch you eat them all and get fatter?  
Gimme one, or I'll spit in the box, bitch!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Put a note in the bottom of the box.... "That wasn't vanilla creme".
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I think a box of doughnuts left in a common area is universally understood to be there for the taking.

It would be tantamount to leaving your bowl of mints next to a cash register, and then getting mad when folks helped themselves.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Because who would buy a whole box of doughnuts except to share them?  To say it another way; what kind of massive fat-ass buys a whole box of doughnuts for himself?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think a box of doughnuts left in a common area is universally understood to be there for the taking.

It would be tantamount to leaving your bowl of mints next to a cash register, and then getting mad when folks helped themselves.

This!

People are also not used to seeing a dozen donuts for any single persons consumption, the only time I have ever seen a dozen donuts at work was for everyone to eat them ...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#41]
If I buy a box of doughnuts, good luck getting your hand in there before it's empty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Because they are rude
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#43]
They're donuts......just........just look at them....who could say no to this......damn things are my kryptonite!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I  thought I read something about doughnuts?

I want a doughnut.
WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU HIDING THE DONUTS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Cop bashing thread?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Cop bashing thread?

Cruller-hoarding thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Yup.if you don't want it eaten, taken, played with.lock it up or shut up!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you buy a box of doughnuts and set it out on a table where people gather... that's pretty much an indication that you're sharing, I'd say.  

If you want them all to yourself, don't set them out in front of everyone.

Exactly.

As I've always said - If you don't want your wife violated by every swingin' dick in the office, don't leave her naked and spread-eagle on the copy machine!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Unsecured chow is fair game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Why do people think when they see a box of doughnuts they can just take one?

Because we've become a nation of pigs, both in appearance and behavior.

Any other questions?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top