Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 8:58:54 PM EDT
While I wait for results I figured I would let the hive have a chance at guessing.
First had some not so solid poo around 4, right before I was supposed to leave for work. Get to work at 5 and feel fine. Then around 6 get stomach ache. 630 take tums and after 40 minutes no relief. Now the pain is covering all my abdoman, I feel nausious, and like I have to poo. Cold sweats kick in and I can no longer focus on work. The pain is a mix of a ful stomach, and day after drinking too much. Weird part is the pain is now pushing on my left side ribs.

I get some work done and bail. On my drive home something tells me to just go to the er. The doc pokes the right side of my abs and I jump. The overall pain is like a 7. To give a scale the only 10 I've ever had was a kidney stone that got stuck. Now, after some drugs and some more drugs I really don't have much pain except I had a massive shooting pain when I took a piss.

So, any takers? Or am I just too drugged and bored?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
While I wait for results I figured I would let the hive have a chance at guessing.
First had some not so solid poo around 4, right before I was supposed to leave for work. Get to work at 5 and feel fine. Then around 6 get stomach ache. 630 take tums and after 40 minutes no relief. Now the pain is covering all my abdoman, I feel nausious, and like I have to poo. Cold sweats kick in and I can no longer focus on work. The pain is a mix of a ful stomach, and day after drinking too much. Weird part is the pain is now pushing on my left side ribs.

I get some work done and bail. On my drive home something tells me to just go to the er. The doc pokes the right side of my abs and I jump. The overall pain is like a 7. To give a scale the only 10 I've ever had was a kidney stone that got stuck. Now, after some drugs and some more drugs I really don't have much pain except I had a massive shooting pain when I took a piss.

So, any takers? Or am I just too drugged and bored?

I'll bite. Were you on the show: "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant!"?

Just kidding. Hope you get better
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]

bladder infection

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like diverticulitis ( SP)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The gerbil wants out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
poo? really?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Menopause?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The gerbil wants out.

YOU owe me a new fucking key board dude
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to my world Ulcerative Colitis and Celiac for me. Probably not what you've got, I had somewhat different symptoms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like classic dikfer
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The gerbil wants out.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I will go with gall stones. Did you eat anything fatty before this happened?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The gerbil wants out.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
appendix?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#14]
poop thread?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
sounds like diverticulitis ( SP)

This. My Mom had this once, it is basically like this: Your intestine develops a bulge, sort of like you see in a bicycle inner tube. The bulge fills with excrement (shit, to the baser-minded of you). Then it bursts, releasing the excrement (poo) into the body cavity and causing a condition remarkably like peritonitis.

Nowadays it is treated with antibiotics and uncaring hospital staff; in older days it was a death warrant.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Appendix... Surgery in the morning.

The gerbil joke was priceless, at work we joke about a guy we suspect shaves, declaws, and feeds hgh to gerbils for pleasure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sounds like classic dikfer

I'll play, whats a dikfer?

Quoted:
Welcome to my world Ulcerative Colitis and Celiac for me. Probably not what you've got, I had somewhat different symptoms.

My GF just got her endoscopy 3 weeks ago and she has Celiac.

Anyway hope you feel better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
appendix?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Appendix... Surgery in the morning.

The gerbil joke was priceless, at work we joke about a guy we suspect shaves, declaws, and feeds hgh to gerbils for pleasure.

What do I win?

I had mine out 30 years ago.  I still remember exactly what you described in your OP.  Hope your surgery goes well.

And we have "that guy" at work, too.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Good luck with your surgery bro.
A nice clean Lap. procedure is always preferable to a nasty burst appendix.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks everyone all went well. Surgery at 9 this morning. I will say this is one of the nicest hospitals I have ever been in. There are nurses and then nurses techs. The doctors are always coming through. The nurses do everything they can to help, which in turns makes me feel better so I am being extremely nice. I plan to address the powers that be about how their staff and facilities are wonderful. I can't stand when people only go out of their way to bitch and never for praise.

Oh, and all the rooms are singles with a two recliner chairs and a leather chair that folds out and up into a cot sized bed.

Guess I will be here until sometime tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top