Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:56:31 PM EDT
Any fellow Zonies out there? How many of you would like to see Sheriff Joe run for President? At the very least, Jan Brewer? MAomg other things, I know that if either on were President, my firearms would be safe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Brewer, yes.

Arpaio? HELL AND FUCK TO THE NO.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Too out there.  Now that Pinal County Sheriff is top notch!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Brewer, yes.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any fellow Zonies out there? How many of you would like to see Sheriff Joe run for President? At the very least, Jan Brewer? MAomg other things, I know that if either on were President, my firearms would be safe.

No thanks, he's good where he's at. We've already got a populist president.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks, he's good where he's at. We've already got a populist media whore president.

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brewer, yes.

What's wrong with Arpaio?  I think he's done a shit ton of good for Maricopa County.  Making prisoners actually work for their food, wear pink, live in tent city, actual punishment stuff instead of luxury lounge.  Also enforcing immigration laws before enforcing immigration laws was the cool thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brewer, yes.

What's wrong with Arpaio?  I think he's done a shit ton of good for Maricopa County.  Making prisoners actually work for their food, wear pink, live in tent city, actual punishment stuff instead of luxury lounge.  Also enforcing immigration laws before enforcing immigration laws was the cool thing to do.

Media whore.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks, he's good where he's at. We've already got a populist media whore president.

FIFY

As for this, a lot of his recent media attention is from the federal gov't suing him for enforcing law.  Before this bullshit came up, it was rare to hear about Joe unless it was a major deal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

As for this, a lot of his recent media attention is from the federal gov't suing him for enforcing law. Before this bullshit came up, it was rare to hear about Joe unless it was a major deal.

I think you're thinkin' of somebody else man.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

As for this, a lot of his recent media attention is from the federal gov't suing him for enforcing law. Before this bullshit came up, it was rare to hear about Joe unless it was a major deal.

I think you're thinkin' of somebody else man.

You may be right, however I personally do not recall ever hearing much about him before the federal crap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Arpaio loves to trample on people's constitutional rights, and I'm talking about Americans not illegals.  He's a statist through and through, he's good where he's at now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brewer, yes.

Don't forget all the civil rights violations and warrantless searches...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if he'll get the Latino vote?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brewer, yes.

Media whore.

I am not 100% on this, but I don't think he's NFA friendly either.

I completely agree with the media whore part, but I didn't have any trouble getting the sign off for my suppressor when I lived in Maricopa county, and I haven't heard of anyone else that have had a problem with getting it either. I don't know his personal feelings on Class 3 stuff, but everyone I know who has an NFA item hasn't had an issue.

I think Joe is doing a good enough job of stirring up a hornet's nest in his current position, for good or bad. I'd rather see my sheriff, Paul Babeu run for a higher office.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brewer, yes.

Neither of those things have any bearing on how good a President he'd be...

However, the various irregularities he's been accused of in terms of using law enforcement power to intimidate political rivals... THAT sort of stuff IS relevant...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

As for this, a lot of his recent media attention is from the federal gov't suing him for enforcing law.  Before this bullshit came up, it was rare to hear about Joe unless it was a major deal.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

Uhh... Arapio pretty much jumps on every single even slightly-LE related 'media issue'... First, in the 90s, it was prisoners being 'too comfortable'... Now it's Immigration... Whatever the next 'big thing' that comes up is, he'll be right there looking for the cameras...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Uh, no.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't need an old hick bastard in charge.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#20]
He's okay, hasn't really cleaned anything up though. Just a lot of sabre rattling. Don't get me wrong, I love the man to death. But he's gotta do a lot more catching/evicting/forever before he gets my vote for the big cheese.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brewer, yes.

Media whore.

I completely agree with the media whore part, but I didn't have any trouble getting the sign off for my suppressor when I lived in Maricopa county, and I haven't heard of anyone else that have had a problem with getting it either. I don't know his personal feelings on Class 3 stuff, but everyone I know who has an NFA item hasn't had an issue.

I think Joe is doing a good enough job of stirring up a hornet's nest in his current position, for good or bad. I'd rather see my sheriff, Paul Babeu run for a higher office.

He'll sign but it is a pain. It took more than six months for them to get my paperwork signed and returned. They also keep a copy of the application and a set of fingerprints, which just duplicates the FBI background check anyway. There is a reason many in Maricopa county go the trust route.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Seriously?  You must be new to AZ.  He has it right on most law enforcement issues but he is a bully, a tyrant, and egomaniac of the highest order.  He is the LAST person who needs to be in a position of higher authority than he already occupies.  He routinely uses the color of authority to intimidate his political enemies and would continue to do so on a broader scale if elected to a more powerful position.  I'm sure I'd agree with him on most political issues but he is a fucking douche nozzle and is an example of the type of person progressives point to when trying to find an example of "fascism" coming from the conservative right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Good god.  Arpaio is a corrupt jerkoff media whore.  The white haired twits around here would probably vote him in again even if he were caught with a 14 year old boy in bed and there was graphic video, 3 witnesses, and an audio recording.  "Oh no, not my Sheriff Joe - he would never do that.  I'm still voting for him.".  The only way we're getting rid of him is if the Feds bust him for corruption.

Brewer..  I'm sorry, but she's a moron.  Now, she's aligned herself with what happens to largely be the right view on a lot of topics so it would depend on who she's running against.  I'd vote for her over Obama in a heartbeat, for example.  But against a non-moron who held similar views I'd never vote for her.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]
OH YES> I would LOVE to see Sheriff Joe as Pres. Pink Jumpsuits for inmates, chain gangs,  and the sure and terrible knowledge that if you attacked the US, he WOULD drop a nuke on your ass.

where do I donate?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#25]
No, but if it goes bad with Russia, Joe could go eyeball to eyeball with Vladimir Putin and hold his own against that evil little shit. And just think what he would do to the French, they would pee themselves dealing with him. Not really the person we want as POTUS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#26]
No.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brewer, yes.

Media whore.

He'll sign but it is a pain. It took more than six months for them to get my paperwork signed and returned. They also keep a copy of the application and a set of fingerprints, which just duplicates the FBI background check anyway. There is a reason many in Maricopa county go the trust route.

Wow, when I did mine in '06, it only took about 2 weeks. I agree with you though, for any of my future NFA stuff, I'm going trust.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Not just no but FUCK no.

Fuck Arpaio.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Heard he never signs off on NFA stuff.

First person accounts above.

He is a little king in his fifedom, and good in his current role, but making him POTUS would be a BAD idea.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, He's got my vote,
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brewer, yes.

Media whore.

He is NFA friendly. Very much so. He is a fairly good sheriff, but I would not want him to be president.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I am going to edit my "not NFA friendly" comments out of the above post.  Thanks for the info.  I still think he's a media whore.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am going to edit my "not NFA friendly" comments out of the above post.  Thanks for the info.  I still think he's a media whore.

Media whore he may be, but it brings attention to our illegal immigration issues. He does a good job where he is. He's just a bit loud about it. For what it's worth, I have met the man, and spoke with him at length. He is on our side, his tactics just leave a bit to be desired.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Id rather they stay here and fight for state rights because unbtil the states just say no to the fed the fed will not likely be stopped or even slowed down.

10th amendment is our only realistic hope in my opinion.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

um,

No.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know enough about the Sheriff to really say one way or the other, but Gov. Brewer.............HE** YES!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Any fellow Zonies out there? Yes

How many of you would like to see Sheriff Joe run for President? No

As for Brewer, lets see how she does as governor for a while longer.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't know enough about the Sheriff to really say one way or the other, but Gov. Brewer.............HE** YES!!

I don't necessarily think Brewer would be a good choice either, She is good where she is as well. Keep in mind that she backed tax increases to "Protect police and firefighter jobs, and "For the children" ", only to have most of the money diverted away from those areas. She is standing up to the feds, and making Obama look like a worthless child, that's where we need her right now.

FWIW, she has my vote for governor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any fellow Zonies out there? Yes

How many of you would like to see Sheriff Joe run for President? No

As for Brewer, lets see how she does as governor for a while longer.

I do agree... but I sure do like her so far.

And FWIW, I approve of ol' Joe in the job he's been doing with illegals and the tents o' pinkness.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No, but if it goes bad with Russia, Joe could go eyeball to eyeball with Vladimir Putin and hold his own against that evil little shit. And just think what he would do to the French, they would pee themselves dealing with him. Not really the person we want as POTUS.

You don't know much about the French do you, bought into all the "white flag" shit?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Brewer has more balls than anyone in the Repub Party with the exception of Bohner

I'd marry that bitch tomorrow if she was willing

Arapaio is Death on Inmates but I hear he sucks to work for
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Brewer has more balls than anyone in the Repub Party with the exception of Bohner

I'd marry that bitch tomorrow if she was willing

Arapaio is Death on Inmates but I hear he sucks to work for

Your point?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Could he just be trying to get his message out before it gets bent by the libs?
Just wondering.  Haven't really followed his exploits apart from the blurbs I hear on the news.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know much about the French do you, bought into all the "white flag" shit?

You are right I don’t know much the French. I do know all my life I’ve seen them oppose us in the UN and on the world stage. France has, since WW11, taken opposing stances to the United States on many international issues just so they could maintain some control over their former colonies that they were unable to hold onto. Next you be telling me that I don’t know much about Charles de Gualle and he was a great person not a douchbag!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Too out there.  Now that Pinal County Sheriff is top notch!

Yep.  Arpaio is a self-serving political whore.  The Pinal County Sherrif is showing real leadership.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Heard he never signs off on NFA stuff.

First person accounts above.

He is a little king in his fifedom, and good in his current role, but making him POTUS would be a BAD idea.

I would bet that Maricopa county might have more Class 3 stuff than any county in the United States.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top