Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 12:08:55 PM EDT
It seems like there seems to be no end to the new houses and developments going up everywhere. When will this end? All the places I like to shoot have new homes sprouting up like weeds. More people immigrating all the time and folks having large familes it wont be long and it will be harder to find a good place to plink.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You think it's bad there!

Here in Orlando cow pastures turn into subdivisions overnight. Twenty years ago this was a beautiful place with a 'small town" feel to it. Now it is like Miami North.

We have overcrowding, crappy public schools (I am spending a fortune sending my kids to private svhool) a horrendous traffic problem and worst of all millions of tourists every year.

The only good thing about FL is CCW and no state taxes.

Overdevelopment sucks!! [:(]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the [b]property taxes[/b] going up up up.  All because they put a million dollar subdivision close to you.

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Our population growth is flat. The rest of the world is out of control and they have to go somewhere...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
too many stupid@ss laws, preventing natural selection from running it's course!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
It can't match the 30+ years of grow here in Southern California. I now work in the city I grew up in but I commute 52 mi.one way because I can't afford anything around here that is not in a slum. And my father was laughed at when he bought his brand new home in 1960 because it was out in the sticks. Original price $22,500. Current price over $450,000.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
The way I see it, it seems like everyone moves as far from a city as possible to get away from all the problems associated with cities. What people don't realize is that all these people leaving cities are just creating city problems in suburban areas.

Everyone wants to live in the middle of nowhere yet be close to everything. It makes me laugh. People want to have their cake and eat it too.

I was born and raised it Philly (hence the name) and still live here. When I'm done school I may very well buy a house in the city and just stay here. My reasoning is it can't get any worse. There is no sense spending an outrageous amount of money to live where it is still wide open only to have it just as built up as the city 10 years later.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats why you move out in the sticks, and blast your class 3 toys all day long.  It will hopefully persuade people to not move near you. lol.  [:D]

I'd love to do the above.  i just would hate the commute into work.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]
plowboy:
It seems like there seems to be no end to the new houses and developments going up everywhere. When will this end?  
View Quote

[u][b]Soon.[/b][/u]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top