Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2010 3:02:28 PM EDT
LOOK AT IT! It is fucking moldy!

It smells like pickled ass holes! Looks disgusting. Nobody in their right mind would think about eating it.

Yet I can't stop. I love it. I want more.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics of wife?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
gross
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Good things take time and effort to make. I mean, we're not dealing with freaking American cheese product here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that shit too.  Try some gorgonzola sauce over a filet mignon or better yet, stuff the filet with it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
the stinkier the better !

this from a Half Swiss Half Italian guy !

though, I don't like Gorgonzola or Bleu.. I don't want any mushrooms in my cheese...

in France, they also have cheese with maggots in it ;)
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
B/c it's tasty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like that shit too.  Try some gorgonzola sauce over a filet mignon or better yet, stuff the filet with it.

I just had some Gorgonzola on a hamburger.

Why nasty blue molded cheese tastes so good with beef, I'll never understand. But I will enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
B/c it's tasty.

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Blue Cheese, Gorgonzola, and Roquefort cheeses are some of the most tasty things on this planet. I have a little with almost every dinner. Usually on my salad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Gorgonzola is good shit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Eat Gorgonzola, Consume Gorgonzola, Buy Gorgonzola!

You'll make us happier down here, and we may even have the money to buy your guns!
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You'll make us happier down here, and we may even have the money to buy your guns!

You guys make fricking awesome cheese.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, should you come by Modena, after drooling at the Ferrari plant,

don't forget about Salame and Prosciutto. Parma is just behind the corner.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the same problem myself be it Gorgonzola Dolce or Picatta(the stinky, aged stuff).

It is blue, kinda smells like dirty socks..but tastes AWESOME. I don't need beef to eat it...just smear it on some bread or crackers and I will eat it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, should you come by Modena, after drooling at the Ferrari plant,
don't forget about Salame and Prosciutto. Parma is just behind the corner.

Okay. Italy just moved up on my places I want to go list.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Bleu Cheese on a burger with other savory elements is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I fucking love it. Our local Italian restaurant makes the best gorgonzola salads I have ever had, if it wasn't 15 bucks I would go there for lunch every day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Blues are undoubtedly my favorite cheeses.
Stilton, Roqefort, Cabrales, Pichon, Maytag, Danish, Gorgonzola
They ALL are good, some great.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Blues are undoubtedly my favorite cheeses.

Stilton, Roqefort, Cabrales, Pichon, Maytag, Danish, Gorgonzola

They ALL are good, some great.

that how i feel about Swiss cheeses with Gruyere as the forefront

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Did someone say Gorgonzola?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Stilton is the king of the bleu's. Gorgonzola, the prince. Bleu cheese, not but a jester that should be grateful it's even permitted in the King's court.

_MaH

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Because it's good as hell, that's why.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#23]
sorry, the taste and smell of bacterial decay just do nothing for me
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#24]
One thing I really miss about living in Italy is they put Gorgonzola on the 6 cheese pizza. Damn I miss that 6cheeze pizza.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#25]
My favorite!

I cannot remember the name of the restaurant on the right bank in Paris.  I was there in 1985.  11 course of cheese.  By 11 courses, I mean each course was up to 10 cheeses of the same type  All I wanted was the blue cheese and it was the last course!  I was lucky to make it back to the room.

Gorgonzola goes well with hamburgers or even plain.  My girlfriend (picture previously posted) makes cheese sandwiches with french bread.  As I type this at 7:02 am. I am having a salami on french bread with cheese, mayo and (drum roll please) french mustard.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#26]
This bar downtown has these thin seasoned fries topped with gorganzola cheese and real bacon crumbles.

Possibly one of the best things I have eaten, evAr!
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#27]
My wife has been taking fresh from the garden tomatoes, slicing them, putting gorgonzola on them, popping them into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is soft FTW. Awesome.

I ate three Better Boy tomatoes that way last night. She was happy to make them for me and I would have had more but we ran out of gorgonzola.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Roquefort, Stilton, and Danish Blue FTW!
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Great with a crisp apple.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just had some Gorgonzola on a hamburger.

Why nasty blue molded cheese tastes so good with beef, I'll never understand. But I will enjoy.

Mold or not, it's delicious!

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Maybe you just have an affinity for moldy, disgusting, pickled assholes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Danish blue is what Im eating atm.  Last month was roquefort.  Blue cheeses/moldy cheeses are great.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stilton is the king of the bleu's. Gorgonzola, the prince. Bleu cheese, not but a jester that should be grateful it's even permitted in the King's court.

_MaH

I must try this.....Stilton.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

_MaH

I must try this.....Stilton.

It's more pungent and a bit harder than Gorgonzola.  When I'm looking for a good, pungent cheese that I want to be able to spread like a cream, it's Gorgonzola all the way.  However, as a snack on its own, as a slice, or especially as crumbles, Stilton reigns supreme.

Unfortunately, Stilton - in its best form - is unpasteurized.  Obviously this is a no-go here in the US, and just as much the same in England - where Stilton was first made.

So where can one find unpasteurized Stilton?  If you find out, God please let me know.

_MaH

ETA:  PS –– Wegmans will have it.  They will also allow you to sample cheeses before purchase.  They'll just cut a piece off, let you try it, wrap it back up, re-weight it, and adjust the price accordingly.  Good God do I miss Wegmans...  We have a couple Whole Foods out here, but it's just not the bloody same, dammit!
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Love that stuff. I like to mix with a green salad.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

_MaH

I have just recently been introduced to Cambozola - it's basically a bleu brie - and it is wonderful.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

LOOK AT IT! It is fucking moldy!

It smells like pickled ass holes! Looks disgusting. Nobody in their right mind would think about eating it.

Yet I can't stop. I love it. I want more.

http://lindamccormick.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/gorgonzola-cheese.jpg

Are you publicly declaring love/infatuation with the cheese or with the mold IN the cheese.

I'm so confused . . .

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#39]
My absolute favorite cheese in the whole world.  I'm not a big wine drinker, but a big chunk of Gorgonzola and a big glass of very dry, full-bodied, oaky Cabernet Sauvignon and I'm a happy man.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#40]
cause its the best cheese on earth or heaven

it is better cooked of course but can still be eaten raw
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

_MaH

I have just recently been introduced to Cambozola - it's basically a bleu brie - and it is wonderful.

This I will have to investigate.  I enjoy brie, but can never bring myself to eat the rind.  Problem here is that this means about 2/3rds of the brie wheel is wasted when I do (rarely) get it.

Sorry, that rind just tastes like shit to me - no matter what the brand.

_MaH
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

AND, enjoy it with a good glass of Syrah or Sangiovese.

Man, that's some good shit.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I had some Gorgonzola mousse a few years ago. It was fucking fantastic. Sweet and awesome.

Stilton is pretty good too. I've had both blueberry and lemon Stilton, more like dessert than a cheese.

Bleu cheese makes the world go round. Have you tied a hamburger with bleu cheese and jalapenos? I tried at a restaurant, it had potential, but it wasn't spicy enough. I need to make a homemade version.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#44]
you guys all have a foot fetish, don't you? Why else would you love something that smells like toe-jam?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Good Cheese and Grappa, two things I miss from my time in Europe.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

_MaH

This I will have to investigate.  I enjoy brie, but can never bring myself to eat the rind.  Problem here is that this means about 2/3rds of the brie wheel is wasted when I do (rarely) get it.

Sorry, that rind just tastes like shit to me - no matter what the brand.

_MaH

There's a restaurant here that serves a "baseball cut" sirloin that is seared in a cast iron skillet then finished in a wood-fired oven.  It's topped with a thin wedge of Cambozola and some sauteed mushrooms and onions.  Delicious - the outside is nicely done and the center still rare.

FWIW, the rind does not bother me.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

_MaH

Ok. I bought some of your $18 a pound Stilton today.  OMG
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Because it's delicious?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#50]

"Pickled ass holes"?

You sir, eat at some rather disturbing establishments.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top