Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 5:21:44 PM EDT
They just released the entire first season of M*A*S*H on VHS and DVD if anyone is interested. Picked it up at Wally World for $29.99. They are supposed to release the entire series over the next few years.

Stinger
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the show...gonna' have to pick that up.

medcop
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Great show. Have to head to Wally World
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
That has to be the best series of all time!  Love the movie too.  I am gonna go look for it tonight
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry to disagree with gentleman but I hated the movie and the TV series.

It was about as left wing, antiwar, anti military as anything ever produced.  The message of M*A*S*H was that it is silly to oppose Communism.

Instead of using your hard earned money on that commie trash may I suggest that you pick up a copy of "In Mortal Combat" by John Toland?  It does justice to the brave men who fought in a very difficult war instead of making them look like a bunch of buffoons.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT F-ING SHOW.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I love watching the reruns on TV they show them here durning the day, they usally run about three hours, Only 23 years old and I love the show.  I really don't like the movie.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I love watching the reruns on TV they show them here during the day, they usually run about three hours, Only 23 years old and I love the show.  I really don't like the movie.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
SOUR MASH IS OK BUT I really like single malt scotch![:D]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It was about as left wing, antiwar, anti military as anything ever produced.  The message of M*A*S*H was that it is silly to oppose Communism.
View Quote

RIGHT ON!!!

Robert Altman directed the movie M*A*S*H as an insult to the military and America during Viet Nam.

The TV series was VERY anti-military, anti-conservative, anti-gun, anti-American.

I can't stomach it - especially Alan Alda's smug condescension of everything-military.

NOTHING will get me to watch that sewage again!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SOUR MASH IS OK BUT I really like single malt scotch![:D]
View Quote

[beer]

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
that show was made as an anti vietnam war statement and is in my opinion an insult to all of those who fought and/or died in the vietnam war.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm holding out for "DALLAS".
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#15]
The TV series and movie are both excellent. Probably Donald Sutherland's finest movie role.

"Frank Burns, eats worms."
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#16]
The movie was excellent, and the series was very good initially.  Kinda got stale at the end, and it got to the point where Alan Alda's mug was very irritating.

BTW, it was not an anti Vietnam movie.  Robert Altman made it very clear he was protesting the War of the Roses.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, the Turkish stuff goes down real smooth.

But now that the Taliban is out, we should start getting more Afghan on the market.  Don't trust the Pakistani, it's been through too many hands and cut too many times.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:07:42 AM EDT
[#18]
The first few years were great, but their last few seasons really sucked. The newer writers changed from being a comedy to tryiing to make different statements for each show.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:14:44 AM EDT
[#19]
....suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it, if I please...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#20]
When the show was a comedy, essentially Frank/Hotlips v. Hawkeye/Trapper, it was watchable compared to the other drek that was 1970's sitcoms.  As it became the St. Hawkeye show and far more concerned with messages than with comedy, it became unwatchable.  Keep in mind how preachy and unfunny 1970's sitcoms used to be.  Remember "One Day at a Time" and "Maude" among other left wing propaganda pices?  The truly funny stuff fromt that time period is still funny today..."Sanford and Son" and "The Carol Burnett Show" come to mind.  "All in the Family" was probably the best of the socially conscious comedies, and if you watch the reruns on TV Land, you soon notice how shrill and flat the typical episodes are.  There is a reason that 50's and 60's and 80's and 90's comedies are all over cable in syndication , but 70's stuff is pretty scarce.

As for the movie, it sucked just like everything Robert Altman ever put out.  He is the most over rated director in Hollywood, ever.  I find his pictures irritating and unwatchable.  I'd rather sit through a "Golden Girls" marathon than watch one of his cinematic turds.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

RIGHT ON!!!

Robert Altman directed the movie M*A*S*H as an insult to the military and America during Viet Nam.

The TV series was VERY anti-military, anti-conservative, anti-gun, anti-American.

I can't stomach it - especially Alan Alda's smug condescension of everything-military.

NOTHING will get me to watch that sewage again!
View Quote

What he said.  I can't stand Al(duh).
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Could someone explain the anti-Vietnam sentiment of the movie "Mash"?  How does Frank Burns and Hotlips getting it on, a football game between army units, and playing golf in Tokyo protest the war?  There was much made of military beaucratic SNAFUs, but those have always existed in every military.  Was "Catch 22" anti-Vietnam?  How about "Wag the Dog"?  Come on guys, lighten up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#23]
God, i love M*A*S*H
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#24]
As far as war comedies go, I'd rather watch McHale's Navy. A little trivia: what island was the 73 stationed out of?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Taratupa, Sir![>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Taratupa, Sir![>]:)]
View Quote

Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top