Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 4:00:13 PM EDT
I have an old DeLonghi that I took into work (pump driven), and am looking to replace it at home.

I have seen some reviews on various websites, but don't know how the reviews compare to real life for a "non gourmet" coffee drinker like me.

I have been making acceptable coffee at home based on the suggestions I have gotten here, and will make better coffee once I get a burr coffee grinder.  I am now looking to duplicate a few of the drinks I've had at Starbucks and Seattle's Best (without paying $4.00+ per cup).

I am trying to keep the cost under $200 for the machine if possible.  

Thanks for any info.

AFARR
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, I can help on this one!

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to be the housewares manager for a Macy's.  Basically, for the money you're talking about, any of the high-end Krups will be fine for you.  There really isn't too much of a difference in all of them until you step into the 'elite' class of machines that cost WAY more.

The Krups are easy to use, mostly reliable, have a good name behind them, can be found at any high-end department store and, most of all, they really do a good job!

You also might not have to spend $200 unless you are looking at an espresso/coffee combo thing.  $100-$150 will get you a respectable espresso machine.  You just have to brush up on your milk frothing technique!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to admit it but I *have* that Krups machine.

He is 100% correct, it is an excellent machine. I bought mine years ago before it became "trendy" (I hate that [:(]).

It is well worth the money.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top