Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 2:40:04 PM EDT
First ever smart phone, and first ever post from my droid x.  Only thing I dont like there are very few good apps, imo.  Im sure alot more are comimg so ill just keep exploring.

Oh and cant wait for the otterbox defender for the X.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

First ever smart phone, and first ever post from my droid x.  Only thing I dont like there are very few good apps, imo.  Im sure alot more are comimg so ill just keep exploring.

Oh and cant wait for the otterbox defender for the X.

Yup..

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
At last count there were over 80,000 Android apps. What are you looking for you can't find? It is probably out there, but the Android store isn't as mature as the Iphone store.

The X is a cool phone. If I could root it I would get one. But I can't, so I'm waiting on the new Samsung Fascinate to hit Verizon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice phone. Enjoy!

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was delivered this morning and I've been playing with it all day. The apps you need are out there... you just have to find them. I have better luck browsing the web looking for 'best android apps' or something like that to get others' recommendations.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine was delivered this morning and I've been playing with it all day. The apps you need are out there... you just have to find them. I have better luck browsing the web looking for 'best android apps' or something like that to get others' recommendations.

thats how I've been finding apps myself.  I guess like Sgtmack said, the app store isnt as mature as the one on iphone.  I'm sure with time it will come.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
My first smart phone as well, and it's a big upgrade! Few minor bugs here and there, but overall it's very impressive.

I've been playing around with Swype for typing, and it's scary how accurate it is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
X is my first smartphone as well. Been having a blast, and very impressed with it. I haven't had any problems finding useful apps, though. I've got a bunch of cool and useful apps.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Gonna try and get one Friday.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't even blame it on the store... this is my first smartphone and I don't even know what I want to do, so I don't know what to look for LOL

But.. it's going to save me a bunch of money. I was going to get a touchscreen Kenwood nav/dvd player for my Mitsubishi... but with the always-updating google GPS, and as much as I've enjoyed listening to Pandora on it all day, I don't really need much more than a 3.5mm front facing aux input on my car stereo.  

I already have some Garmin GPS's around... but won't have much need for them unless I'm driving way out in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as you arent that 1 guy in every 1000....
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Impatiently waiting for mine to come in.  I'm about ready to use my iphone 3G for target practice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess I'm going to pull the trigger on buying one for the wife tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Get 'Layar' app, it will blow your mind.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Verizon has a lot of nice phones, but I do contract work for them and the vast majority of the people I have to deal with (mod, sales, analysts) have swayed me from ever, ever having a contract with them...that and their service sucks in all of TN.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm up for a new phone and I think I'm going to get the droid X. I have the BB Storm right now and done with it. Not enough of the apps I want. Can anyone tell me something they don't like about it from personal experience?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As long as you arent that 1 guy in every 1000....

heh... i sold 2 opening day that had the problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top