Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2010 5:50:05 PM EDT
Acknowledging the letter I sent to dutifully report that my Gemtech suppressor I mailed back to Gemtech was lost by the USPS.  Except that I SENT THE LETTER 2 FUCKING YEARS AGO.   That's right sports fans, it took the ATFE 2 FUCKING YEARS to confirm they received my letter about the status of my suppresssor.   And in this Charlie Foxtrot, it was 2 different government entities involved!

The scarey thing is, there are a significant number of Americans that want the same government that runs the ATFE and the USPS to run our healthcare system.  I can see it now....little Johnny needs a life saving operation, but the government has to approve it.  Letters are written, appeals made, and but Johnny dies waiting.  2 FUCKING YEARS later, the parents of little Johnny get the approval for the operation.  

Stop the world, I want off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Acknowledging the letter I sent to dutifully report that my Gemtech suppressor I mailed back to Gemtech was lost by the USPS.  Except that I SENT THE LETTER 2 FUCKING YEARS AGO.   That's right sports fans, it took the ATFE 2 FUCKING YEARS to confirm they received my letter about the status of my suppresssor.   And in this Charlie Foxtrot, it was 2 different government entities involved!

The scarey thing is, there are a significant number of Americans that want the same government that runs the ATFE and the USPS to run our healthcare system.  I can see it now....little Johnny needs a life saving operation, but the government has to approve it.  Letters are written, appeals made, and but Johnny dies waiting.  2 FUCKING YEARS later, the parents of little Johnny get the approval for the operation.  

Stop the world, I want off.

So I can put you in the "anyone but zero" in 2012?  Ok, then one little suggestion...vote conservative this fall...as if you were going to do otherwise

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
What sort of hoops do you have to jump through for lost NFA (wether you or a third party) is to blame.  And does it have any effect on how long future NFA purchaces take.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
dibs on guns and ammo..
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What sort of hoops do you have to jump through for lost NFA (wether you or a third party) is to blame.  And does it have any effect on how long future NFA purchaces take.

This is actually a good question.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag for answear
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Dog.  Hide it...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag for answear

tag for answer also
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You are supposed to notify the NFA branch in writing as soon as possible.  I waited about 3 weeks in hope my can would turn up before sending the letter.  As far as future purchases, I've done a couple of SBR's and a .22 can since then with no problem.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dog.  Hide it...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Wife. Don't let it go to the pool.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds about right for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top