Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2010 1:01:33 PM EDT
When the computer explains the purpose of his existence, it sounds like they had the whole thing masterminded from the beginning. They needed an infiltration unit but didn't have any around so they went back in time and recruited (unknowingly) Marcus? They already had a bunch of humans around to pick for their project. WTF?

ETA: I heard that in the book the little girl in the movie was actually a terminator. Also, that in the book Connor actually dies and Marcus puts on Connors skin and finishes the war.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, I'll try this again. Obviously no Terminator nerds around last night.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Obviously, you are talking about a time line I am not familiar with. I know that Skynet was created by, would be created by, could have been created by Miles Dyson. I do not know of this Marcus you speak of.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Theres a Terminator book?

Quoted:

When the computer explains the purpose of his existence, it sounds like they had the whole thing masterminded from the beginning. They needed an infiltration unit but didn't have any around so they went back in time and recruited (unknowingly) Marcus? They already had a bunch of humans around to pick for their project. WTF?

ETA: I heard that in the book the little girl in the movie was actually a terminator. Also, that in the book Connor actually dies and Marcus puts on Connors skin and finishes the war.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.nickvolkert.com/thursdaytreat/terminators/images/ubergay-web.gif  

Is he dancing to your avatar? LOL!

Seriously though I just recovered from a seizure from glancing at your avatar. Seizures aren't funny, they're tragic.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Is drunk, fuck termninator
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no idea about the book, I tend to not read novelizations of movies, but the little girl (Star) being a terminator doesn't make a lot of sense.  At that period, the Ts human disguises were crude, and the T-800 was just about to debut.  She seemed to have been around for some time, so unless she was extremely sophisticated (enough to "age" and grow as you would expect for a young child) beyond T cyborg tech at the time...

I need to go back and rewatch, but I had gotten the impression that Marcus' body was just on ice for study at Cyberdyne when Skynet went sentient, and so was available when they had need of a "host", years later.  Skynet used the face of Dr. Kogan as a psychological tool against Marcus.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top