Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 11:07:38 AM EDT
WTC, september 11th. USA response, war against taliban, supporters of the terrorists.

Israel, recent string of suicide bombings. Israeli response, war against the supporters of the terrorists.

Then we get this part in his speech:
Israel must inderstand that its response to these recent attacks is only a temporary measure.
View Quote

(source = [url]www.drudgereport.com/flash11.htm[/url])

So what, it is okay for us to bomb people into the stonage for their transgressions, yet the isrealis must understand that violence is not the answer? "Do as I say, not as I do." Sounds like Rosie O. "No guns! (pay no attention to the armed body guards.)

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pizzed, too, but I think that this new message may not be playing well in Jerusalem!

[size=4]Sharon Allows Meeting With Arafat[/size=4]
Thu Apr 4,12:46 PM ET

JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon agreed Thursday to permit a U.S. envoy to meet with besieged Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, Sharon's office announced.

Earlier this week, Sharon had turned down a request by Secretary of State Colin Powell to grant permission to U.S. mediator Anthony Zinni to meet with Arafat. Sharon has been determined to keep the Palestinian leader isolated at his headquarters in the West Bank town of Ramallah.

Sharon changed his mind after meeting with Zinni on Thursday.

[size=3]However, Sharon also said that Israel's weeklong military offensive against Palestinian militias would continue, despite a call by President Bush on Israel to pull out of Palestinian territory.[/size=3]

See article at:[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20020404/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_us_3[/url]

Eric The(IMayBeGoneForAFewDays!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top