Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2010 10:34:34 AM EDT
How did it work for u?

Were u able to keep the weight off with a good diet and exercise?

Im starting it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#1]
No one, really?

Guess ill give it a bump.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Explain the diet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
is that the drops?
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
HCG?  That's a pregnancy test isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya its a hormone that u drop under your tounge.

Its supposed to burn the kind of fat that is visible first as opposed the fat we usually burn first.

U only do it for 30 days.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ya its a hormone that u drop under your tounge.

Its supposed to burn the kind of fat that is visible first as opposed the fat we usually burn first.

U only do it for 30 days.

Do you buy this over the counter?
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HCG? That's a pregnancy test isn't it?

Sorry, I work in a hospital and pregnancy tests are labelled 'HCG Neg' or 'HCG pos'. They're testing for the presence of this hormone which occurs when a woman is knocked up.

So this diet wants you to take the hormone to lose fat? Seems like a bad idea. It might be funny to take it and then request a pregnancy test from your doctor. Blow his mind when you test positive for pregnancy.

Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmmm interesting. My dr told me about it. Not an rx, only $20 for a month.

Ill have to ask him about the pregnancy thing. I dont want bigger tits and start lactating or somethin. Lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#10]
This diet makes more sense to me. I was on it 2 weeks ago and wasn't hungry at all. I backslid last week so I am restarting it. Makes more sense than taking hormones of pregnant women, but I skipped the wine at night and Saturday binge part of his diet.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#11]
So how many pregnant women do they need to render to get a one month supply of this hormone?
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So how many pregnant women do they need to render to get a one month supply of this hormone?

Lol I think its synthetic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#13]
A few girls my wife works with are on it with varying success. One of them has lost about 40lbs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Kind of worthless. You eat very low calories like 500-600 a day, and they think HCG is a magic drug that burns fat.

HCG is used in men to increase natural size and production of your testes (generally with a cycle of anabolic androgenic steroids to combat ball shrinkage)

HCG in this diet is merely upping your testosterone levels which will save more muscle from being lost.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh and taking HCG sublingual is wasting tons of the drug, its meant for subQ or IM injection
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I did it. Lost nearly 50 pounds in a month and a half. Was never hungry, and had plenty of energy. No health issues. Couple of months later, i'm still losing weight with regular exercise. I'd have lost all the weight to begin with because I changed some things in my activity and diet, but the HCG was a pretty good kickstart. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The ONLY downside is that the diet is extremely bland and monotonous.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Ya I just looked up some info on it. Seems fine for guys.

The hcg is supposed to decrease the hunger and direct your body to burn different fat.

They say u eat 500 calories but with the hcg its actually like your getting 2000.

Iv already lost 20lbs but I still need to lose about 40 more pounds.

This seems like a good solution to lose at least 20lbs fast since that first 20 took me like 3 months.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I just googled hCG and it looks like there are plenty of scams and vender's selling what essentially amounts to H2O in a vial.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just googled hCG and it looks like there are plenty of scams and vender's selling what essentially amounts to H2O in a vial.

I got mine from my doctor, FWIW.And it definitely wasn't water. Has a strong taste to it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#20]
AR-15.com self-appionted official pharmacist here.  

Here's the deal:  any diet that causes you to eat less calories than you burn will make you lose weight.  Problem is, some of the weight you lose will be muscle and there is not one damned thing that
you can do about it.

Theoretically, adding an HCG supplement to your diet will increase your testosterone level and decrease the ratio of fat to muscle loss.

There are absolutely no valid scientific studies proving that HCG actually does this.

Probably won't hurt, probably won't help, so why do it to start with?
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine from my doctor, FWIW.And it definitely wasn't water. Has a strong taste to it.

Ya im getting from my dr.

Since uv done it. Are u now a srawny little fucker with decreased muscle tone?
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya im getting from my dr.

Since uv done it. Are u now a srawny little fucker with decreased muscle tone?

Nah.. I didn't lose any muscle tone. Just extra weight. I have another 10-15 pounds or so until i'm where I want to be.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I know a dozen people who have tried it.  A few lost some weight, most didn't.  Everyone who tried it and lost some, gained it all back.

Exercise and good, healthy diet.  It's what everyone comes back to after the fad diets.  Just sayin'.....
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Exercise and good, healthy diet.  '.....

yeah, but thats too hard for some people.

the things people go through from getting chopped up, to getting balloons inserted in their guts to pills that make you leak like olestra chips to get skinny is crazy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Tempted but I think I will just stick to eating better and exercising more. Easier to make that a lifelong habit than to rely on some crazy temporary diet. How will you build good habits using these rapid weight loss diets?

Link Posted: 7/5/2010 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Try P90X. I guarantee you'll be in better shape if you stick to it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know a dozen people who have tried it.  A few lost some weight, most didn't.  Everyone who tried it and lost some, gained it all back.

Exercise and good, healthy diet.  It's what everyone comes back to after the fad diets.  Just sayin'.....

Everyone I know that tried it and didn't lose weight was because they were cheating. Whether your buddies admitted to you that they were eating things they shouldn't or not, chances are they were. If you're taking in 500 calories a day, you WILL lose weight. The HCG doesn't make you lose weight. It controls your hunger and adjusts your metabolism to burn off the fat for the excess calories rather than muscle. If you're on HCG and not losing weight, you're cheating somewhere. And I can sympathize.. the food sucks. You're tempted to cheat every day, but something as simple as a dinner roll or some pasta will fuck it up for a week or more. Many people simply lack the willpower to resist eating what they like to eat. And for those that gained it back, i'd be willing to bet they went right back to eating what they had been eating after the diet is over. Doesn't matter how good a diet works..if you go back to eating triple bacon cheeseburgers with extra large fries afterwards, you're going to gain it back.

I know three people other than myself who have done it and not only lost the weight, but kept it off. Not saying it works great for everyone, but if you do it right and follow the instructions...it does work.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Human chorionic gonadotropin.  Pregnancy tests look for HCG in the urine.
HCG is a functional analog to lutenizing hormone, which causes the production of testosterone in males.
People who use this method should be cautioned that it can upset the hypothalmic-pituitary-testicular/gonadal axis and the body's production of testosterone can be inhibited for a period of time after the drug is stopped.

Link Posted: 7/5/2010 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#29]
It is precipitated out of the urine of pregnant women with acetone.

The women are spilling LOTS of it. It doesn't exactly keep the fat of of them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's because it is designed to keep the baby alive and healthy if the mother starts to starve. It will burn her fat to give the baby nutrients. If you eat normal while on HCG, you won't lose weight.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because it is designed to keep the baby alive and healthy if the mother starts to starve. It will burn her fat to give the baby nutrients. If you eat normal while on HCG, you won't lose weight.

Production skyrockets when first pregnant and then falls off hard by the end of the first trimester. IIRC it's produced by the placenta as it establishes. I've never seen anything credible linking HCG with fat regulation in expectant mothers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Never even heard of it.

I do the high carb diet.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm kinda late to the thread, but my wife started it on Monday.

A word of warning that I'm glad I read is that it will cancel out birth control pills
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#34]
A friend of mine runs an HCG company.  I won't point out which one.   But I will tell you this...

If what you're buying actually had any measurable amount of HCG in it, you could not buy it without a prescription.  In order to stay on the good side of the law, he had to put disclaimers (small text, impossible to find) saying, essentially, that there was no actual HCG in it.  It's homeopathic stuff, meaning that even if they DID actually start out with some HCG, it's been diluted so many times that there would be at MOST a few individual molecules of it in your entire bottle.

Now, he also has a huge number of people that have reported success, and a remarkably low rate of returns.  Does that mean that the magic water has some power over your body?  No.  The point is that if you eat well, exercise, live well, and you can lose weight.  The little bottle of HCG isn't helping you in any way, other than giving you some reason to believe that you can do it - and hence, follow through with the lifestyle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top