Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 5:19:58 AM EDT
We send them thousands of tourists and millions of our U.S. dollars every year. Where is the return on our investment? What are we getting out of the deal, a few cheap bottles of tequila?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
they provide beaches for pretty near-naked women to recline on. worth evry penny, what more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh, cheap bottles of Kahlua, too?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Fancy drinks served by Mexicans.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Every yuppie on a cruise ship means one less SUV or Beemer clogging the highways.  How can you put a price tag on that? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
All of this stuff can be had in Texas, besides the cheap Kahlua, for a fraction of the price.

Should we really be spending millions of taxpayer dollars on cheap liquor?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The taxpayers are funding Mexican vacations now?  Where do I sign up for that? [:E]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All of this stuff can be had in Texas, besides the cheap Kahlua, for a fraction of the price.

Should we really be spending millions of taxpayer dollars on cheap liquor?
View Quote

WTF?  Taxpayer dollars?  What did I miss?  Since when is the US govt subsidising Puerto Vallarta?  

Do you mean that Americans are spending millions of dollars there?  Is that what bothers you?  That they spend it in Mexico and not in the US?  Well, that's part of being free to make a choice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The taxpayers are funding Mexican vacations now?  Where do I sign up for that? [:E]
View Quote

Are you a taxpayer? Would you have to pay for your own vacation? If you answered "yes" to both questions then any vacation you take I would consider that a "taxpayer funded" vacation.

I'm just trying to use some colorful interpretations, much like our politicians do.

Now what was the definition of "is" again? [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top