Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 6:45:07 AM EDT
Why is it the dumb ones are good-looking and the smart ones, while many are not painful to the eyes, have other issues?

Case in point I met over the weekend.  Smart, AF officer, has defined lifetime goals, good-looking but...

She's a vegetarian and animal-rights minded woman.  She detests people feeding wild animals as it in her worldly view, increases animal populations artifically.  I had to keep facts in check for grace.  She even had issues with me collecting deadfall for a campfire!

Other than that, she's much better than any of the victims of fashion gracing the overpriced stores and driving SUV's like sports cars...
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't give up, brother. They're out there. None of them are perfect, but then, neither are we.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Intelligent women??  LOL, that's a funny April Fools joke.......kind of like a "caring male" or a "sensable Gun Law" or a "good kinda pain"!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Intelligent women??  LOL, that's a funny April Fools joke.......kind of like a "caring male" or a "sensable Gun Law" or a "good kinda pain"!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

Its no April Fool's Day joke.  Intelligent women, like Laura Ingraham or Ann Coulter are not infailable though.  Ann has been dating a "swarthy male" (her words post 9-11) recently and Laura has an outright fabrication on her website (her bio...LOL).

This new find is still in the running as I'm sure my suave nature can bridge the rift and find common ground.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I know Kieth, but like Jarhead said, these intelligent women are rare.  And us men don't make it an easier by often going after the one with the nicest rack...KWIM??  Try a church group or other social places, cause you aint gonna find them at the local bars.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had the one's with the monster racks, others that were stunners.  Never did I find one who is this intelligent and can hold a conversation...

No, I don't do bars. Ever.  Nor do I troll in church.  Met this on on the road, more precisely on an organized bicycle ride.  I think the turning point was when I offered  to do a very minor (but potentially messy) bike repair for her.  She comments "Glad to see chivarily isn't dead" to which I respond "At least in my book it isn't".   That she accepted this help is a definite plus.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#6]
The current g/f has a Marlin .30-30 & a SS Ruger 10/22. Both of which have been customized.

She owns an IMI Baby Desert Eagle, and likes to point out that after-all she [i]is[/i] Jewish, and it [i]is[/i] made in Israel.
She keeps me on my toes, because she is nearly as good a rifleman as I am.

She is w/p to height, and quite cute to boot. She is the Network Administrator for a not-for-profit network of over 100 seats, so she has a brain too.

I didn't write this to boast, I want to say there are some great gals out there. You have to keep looking.

I will say that the really hot looking ones with the great bods have had [i]everything[/i] handed to them since grade school, and you are just not going to find one that's bothered to grow a brain!
 .  .  . Guess which ones most guys gravitate toward.

So when guys lament that their aren't any decent girls around, I hope that isn't because the guy has a set of artificial standards of brains, beauty, career potential, etc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]

It's because of the male-dominated patriarchal society that oppresses all womyn!!!

It's this brutal, sexist, misogynstic society that denigrates intelligent womyn and forces oppressive attitudes into their minds.

Blame the "Barbie doll", Ozzie & Harriet, Easy-Bake Ovens, and all the other hateful and abusive brainwashing girls recieve as children that forces them to focus attention on their sex-toy, midriff-bearing appearance rather than the strong, independant and intelligent womyn within.

Only womyn who cast off the male-imposed shackles of "beauty" through a well-rounded education in appropriate Women's Studies Centers will be intelligent enough to meet and exceed the primative, hairy, grunting, troglyditic  males in the fiercely competative world of reality and create an entirely new and higher level of civilized society.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I know heaps of intelligent and beautiful women. One of the smartest girls I dated looked a lot like Winona Ryder.  I dug her a lot, but in spite of being super smart she was also into paganism and the goth look. We also argued constantly.  We were kind of doomed from the start.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#9]
"She's a vegetarian and animal-rights minded woman."

What's wrong with that?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel your pain, man.

There is a very good reason the single females in this town are single. Their ugly or their flakey or both. And if you go to the bar their ugly, flaky skanks. [shock]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What's wrong with that?
View Quote

You are kidding, right?!! Animal rights fanatics are almost certainly to be anti-gun rights as well. And most vegetarians are sadly to say, also political vegans as well. That is: They intend to push an agenda of anti-meat on the general population.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#12]
You just have to go overseas.  Foreign women tend to be considerably more sane than home-grown American psychobitches.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's wrong with that?
View Quote

You are kidding, right?!! Animal rights fanatics are almost certainly to be anti-gun rights as well. And most vegetarians are sadly to say, also political vegans as well. That is: They intend to push an agenda of anti-meat on the general population.
View Quote

Not really.  And not this one.  I have yet to broach the subject on firearms but she didn't have issue with others eating steaks, even in close vicinity.  She made the comment "it goes straight to my a$$" so vanity over meat.

FWIW, I have an Aussie friend who is a strict vegan.  4 years ago, he quit his job to start a bullet-casting company and have more time shooting.  He didn't care much for my 'roo hunting suggestions...

Back to the topic, I know a good deal on her favorite architectural style and have experience on the mechanical quirks.  Common ground is always a good bridge.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Definition:   Phi Beta Kappa with PMS??

A Bitch that knows it all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

there's a difference between an animal rights fanatic and an animal-rights minded person.

there's also a difference in people who do not have a taste for meat and prefer non-meat foods and people who for various political reasons choose to manifest their political leanings in their diet.

the problem, as i see it, is not that these women, or any woman, is inherently flawed, but that men who pass judgement leave no room for figuring out the motivation behind many of the characteristics of women.

it's like you have a checklist of must-haves and must not-haves.  any deviations from these lists results in automatic elimination from the dating game.

face it:  you guys practice a zero tolerance policy in your dating standards.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

it's like you have a checklist of must-haves and must not-haves.  any deviations from these lists results in automatic elimination from the dating game.

View Quote

Better to be observant and dump her now than to let it develop into more serious problems down the road.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

there's a difference between an animal rights fanatic and an animal-rights minded person.

there's also a difference in people who do not have a taste for meat and prefer non-meat foods and people who for various political reasons choose to manifest their political leanings in their diet.

the problem, as i see it, is not that these women, or any woman, is inherently flawed, but that men who pass judgement leave no room for figuring out the motivation behind many of the characteristics of women.

View Quote

Thanks, AR Lady.  I was expecting more response from the fairer gender.  I guess I should have ranted more about the general lack of social awareness I have found in the typical bubbly females I had been dating.  I am so sick of that crap (designer labels, make-up to bed, biggest SUV, seeing every movie on its opening night) that I had nearly sworn off women, then BAM, the veggie chick walks in.

You see I need to know what makes her THINK!  Its quite fascinating to see someone have a different opinon that isn't based on herd mentality.  I will have to ask her sometime in the near future.  I'm not calling this one off on account of her diet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing wrong with that. You have to have some type of standards. When I was single I absolutley would not date anyone who smoked or had kids.

As for why smart women are less attractive than their dumb hottie sisters. Becuase they are spending their time in school rather than the gym.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#20]
[Brag Alert]

Ahem, my gf ->

http://www.politicalusa.com/columnists/andersen/Default.htm

... and she is pro gun too!

Keep looking, they are out there!

--LS
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Don't be foolish. There is no such thing as "Animal Rights."

That is NOT to say that any cruelty toward animals should be tolerated.

But "Rights"? That is a slipperly slope that leads straignt to the PETA fanantics. And before anyone claims that PETA has any SHREAD of decency, do your research.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Intelligent women are everywhere you look. They all just have issues. (some MUCH more than most)

[nomex on]
[peep]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#23]
There's nothing sexier than brains.  Well,  [b]almost[/b] nothing! [;)]!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[Brag Alert]

Ahem, my gf ->

God brought Kirsten into my life and he will do similarly for you if you ask.

--LS
View Quote

Nice catch.  Just a little update, the one I am chasing is an O4...just in case that counts.  Of course its a non-ops rated zoomie position but still you don't get to such positions w/o credentials...

On the civillian side, we are near equals.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[Brag Alert]

Ahem, my gf ->

God brought Kirsten into my life and he will do similarly for you if you ask.

--LS
View Quote

Nice catch.  Just a little update, the one I am chasing is an O4...just in case that counts.  Of course its a non-ops rated zoomie position but still you don't get to such positions w/o credentials...

On the civillian side, I am in a similar position.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top