Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 4:01:54 PM EDT
If you remember our swapping of posts about the T37 flashhiders for the M1 Garand, you will remember that you noted that if it was fake it would splay out on the end and would have a thud rather than a ring if you thump it.  Well, I just took it apart for cleaning and thumped it and it rang for about 5 seconds.  I also just got two more for the other 2 Garands and comparing the ends, it has not splayed out after about 100 rounds.  Is that enough rounds to see the splaying?  Both the new ones came in oily bags and rang like tuning forks also.  So, according to you, I got a hell of a deal on what seem to be genuine US military surplus flash hiders at $27.50 each.  Tell me what you think.  Oh, I will stick with the T37s over the Vortex for two reasons.  One is money, I am having to be cheap right now and the second is authenticity.  They T37s have it and the Vortex doesn't.

This is the T37 after about 100 rounds
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraida/p14c9199265a4693dfa15c696330dc5f6/fdd5fa5a.jpg[/img]

These are the two new ones
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraida/p905f79fa8bb64fd00f80a1cbd1ae2c41/fdd5fa5b.jpg[/img]

What do you think?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, where did you get those?  I've got a couple of Garands that might look spiffy all dressed up in an original flashhider. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wouldn't mind getting one for my Garand neither :D

Is it legal to put the flash hider on the Garand in CA?  I just got the garand.  I read somewhere that it is legal but can't remember where.
View Quote

I sure hope so, I got mine yesterday from Numrich and put it on today.  Now I just need a scope for it.  Can't wait to try it out next weekend [:)]

Yes it's legal, I asked in the Legal Forum and was assured that it was legal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=546790&chrSuperSKU=[/url]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link.  So will this fit on all M1 Garands?  Do you ned any special tools to put it on?

View Quote
Will fit any Garand and just screws on in place of the gas cylinder lock ring that screws on the front of the barrel right in front of the sights.  The link posted by Vulch is where I got them.  I bought one last year and just bought two more last week and have already recieved them.  It's kind of funny, now they are gonna have a run on M1 Garand flashhiders from what I have seen posted here.  

Raf had indicated that he thought they were fakes because of the low price ($27.55) and said the fakes would splay out on the end after a few rounds and the fakes would have a thud rather than a tuning fork type ring.  Well, this one has not splayed and sounds very much like a tuning fork when you thump it, as do the two new ones.  I believe these are the genuine article.  

Numrich has another flashhider/muzzle brake listed.  I originally ordered one of those and did not like anything about it when I got it, including the way it attached.  Don't get that one, get the T37.

I believe they are legal in Kali since the Garand doesn't have any other 'evil' features.

Vulch, if it's all original GI, you can't put a scope on it.  That would be sacriligeous. [peek]  The one I have the scope and flashhider on had an NM barrel and op rod when I got it, so it wasn't so sacreligious.  Just kidding, it's your Garand.  Have you found a mount?  Unless it is an M1C or M1D, you will have to buy an aftermarket mount.  I got mine at B Square.  You have to remove the rear sight.  [url]http://www.reliablehost.com/bsquare/classicmil_2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Vulch, if it's all original GI, you can't put a scope on it.  That would be sacriligeous. [peek]  The one I have the scope and flashhider on had an NM barrel and op rod when I got it, so it wasn't so sacreligious.  Just kidding, it's your Garand.  Have you found a mount?  Unless it is an M1C or M1D, you will have to buy an aftermarket mount.  I got mine at B Square.  You have to remove the rear sight.  
View Quote

Well, it's all original but it's more of a mixmaster and it's in .308.  Thanks for the link I'll look into it, but I think I might wait until I get it rebarreled and refinished.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LARRYG,

I got my T37 flashhiders and I also got the catalog book from Numrich.  My T37 also rings like a tuning fork and seems very well made but according to their catalog it says the flash hider is "new manufacture".

View Quote
I may not be original, but is very well made, as you say.  I have one for each of my 3 Garands and they work well.  I am happy with them even if they aren't original.  They sure look and work the part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top