Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 9:05:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The husband fired, wounding his wife in the back. Officers opened fire, shooting 11 rounds into the dark. They apparently did not hit Cotter, who turned the shotgun on himself and pulled the trigger, police said.
View Quote

This ought to put paid to the idea that "The police will protect you."
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like her husband failed her to me. why women are not all dikes is beyond me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
sounds like her husband failed her to me. why women are not all dikes is beyond me.
View Quote

Assholes are everywhere, and without blaming the victim here, if you fail to protect yourself from a known asshole, you have failed yourself and, by extension, your kids.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why I don't trust or rely on the system. If I knew a relative that was being abused, I would take things into my own hands and "resolve" the problem.  I don't believe in the judical system. The judical system exist so lawyers can make money and to please the ACLU. It's one big sad joke. Cops mainly do two things, writing tickets and showing up after a crime has been commited. It is a thankless job because there is nothing to thank them for most of the time. Anything they can do I can do, more efficiently. The problem is that the system also works against the people who are trying to do good. I say get rid of the system and impose the death penalty to include much lesser crime.

Oh, if the French don't believe in the death penalty, why do they have a military?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top