Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 7:21:45 AM EDT
This morning while talking on the phone to Grin_N_Barrett, I looked in my backyard and saw the damndest thing, a mutant squirrel!

Luckily, my new digicam was close by, so I snapped these pix before it left...

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/squirrel-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/squirrel-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/squirrel-3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
That is odd.

Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#2]
He's very old.  That is an aged fox squirrel.  I've seen several with white heads or stripes down their backs, but never one with as much white as this one.  That's cool Anti, good pics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!
View Quote

Hey, this is Illinois, the PC thing to do is to steralize it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yo!! PunkSquirrel strikes again!

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Get them before they get you!!!
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, had me worried for a minute.  I still remember when you found the turtle with teeth at our house!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#8]
All your mutant squirrels are belong to us.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#9]
We have snowshoe hares that turn white in the winter, maybe one of them cornered your squirrel!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Teenage mutant ninja squirrel?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Come on old man - that's the new Gucci, all the hip squirrels are wearing it this spring.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the little stoner just got into someone's coke stash.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#13]
reminds me of the "mutant" squirrel we had down here last year:
 it had been injured (apparently shot in the head by a pellet or bb gun), and the wound got infected.  When I spotted this poor thing, the head was 2-3 times larger than average, and the eyes were sunken in and barely visible through the swollen head.  
I shot it just below the head, sending a gush of blood and yellowish-green puss flying (yum-yum).  To be frank, it was the most disgusting animal I had ever seen...luckily, one shot with a .22mag mercifully finished this poor thing off.  Alas, no digicam like Anti...damn, it would have made some appetizing pics!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
You sure thats not GoatBoy checking up on you?

[peep]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Hold on,
you all have phones down there in those trailers? [;)]

I remeber last year they finally started putting indoor plumbing in southern Illinois!
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I got one just like it once only it was black instead of white. After I shot it and got a closer look, I felt bad because it was a rarity. I felt even worse when I ate it instead of having it stuffed. It was big, and would have made a great trophy. I try not to hunt legal rarities like the one in your picture.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That squirrel just ain't right.  Kill it before it breeds some sort of mutant super-squirrel.  

Incidentally, remember that line from the Simpson's NRA episode?  Lenny says something like "We need assault weapons to protect ourselves from new super-animals, like electric eels and flying squirrels".  LOL.
View Quote

Or the episode where Mr. Burns gets caught dumping barrels of toxic/nuclear waste in the local park.  He has barrels packed into a tree, and there's a squirrel on the tree.  The squrrel sees an acorn hanging out on a branck about 3 feet away.  All of a sudden, laser's shoot from the squirrel's eyes and knife through the stem, causing the acorn to fall.  Instantly, this long-ass tongue shoots out of the squirrel and catches the acorn.

Now THAT is freaking funny.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hold on,
you all have phones down there in those trailers? [;)]

I remeber last year they finally started putting indoor plumbing in southern Illinois!
c-rock
View Quote

Hey!!!!  I wants mines inder plumin.  Wher cin I gits it?

Olney has a whole friggin bunch of albino squirrels.  I also once saw a squirrel with a red body and a white tail....dad thought I was drinkin his beer (hadnt been yet though..heh heh).
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I live in Brevard, NC not far from Asheville. There are squirels here that are PURE WHITE! they are not albino, just white! no grey on them at all! do a search for "White Squirel" or Brevard, NC and you will find lots of info. I dont know where they came from but there are hundreds of these things!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Ban mutant squirels... Its for the children.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Very cool Fox Squirrel.  I have some in the old Maple trees on my place, but they don't run the yard anymore since I got dogs.....:-)

They are neato.  I love to hunt squirrels, but somehow I can't bring myself to shoot at game that lives in my yard!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#23]
The friggin black grackles on the other hand....I am shooting at 'em with the 12 ga 3-4 times a day.  I like to see the cardinals and other cool songbirds at the feeders instead of grackles and blackbirds....last year a pair of cardinals nested in front of the house.  I think the grackles chased them away this year.
[:(]

Edited for smiley....I suck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#24]
that's not a fox squirrel (they live in my area, see them frequently)

mutant grey sqirrel is my bet[kill]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#25]

"It's coming right at us...."

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I recently saw a squirrel who got a little Jolt from 7200 volts.  eyes popped out, toasty, flash burns etc.

BTW- antiUSSA- If you need an electrician at the BRC lemme know.

Also, email me about Supercharging your Taser. I'm thinking four settings. Stun. Burned Toast. Extra Crispy. Carbon Chunk.[}:D]
[frag]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#29]
It's an Eastern grey squirrel, not a Fox squirrel.  Fox squirrels are very much larger.  Why the white, who knows?  Is different enough though to want to have hang around I would think.
W
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#30]
You think _you_ have problems...

[img]http://www.thsteier.de/bilder/bundeshoernchen.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Dave isn't that from South Park? That episode was the funniest ever!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Looks like its mama was slumming down around possum way while its daddy was workin' the late shift!

Anybody ever see the black squirrels we have here in Liberalville?  There actually really cool.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#34]
in iowa we have red (not the color, the name) squirrels. they are brownish, and really big and fat. their are some black ones though. my town used to be known for an excessive amount or black squirrels.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#35]
This reminds me of a couple of Hunting stories...
A few years ago I was squirrel hunting in the Hocking hills, OH area.  At the top of a dead tree, where it was broken, was a squirrel. I was using a .32 cal Flintlock. The tree was on the edge of a ravine, and when I shot the squirrel, it got knocked out of the tree and down the hill. I searched for it for a couple of hours, and never found it. (ever try to blood trail a squirrel?) The next weekend, I was at the same spot and saw a squirrel in the same tree. this time I worked around, so i could shoot it without knocking it down the hill.  I shot it, and when I got recovered it, I found that it was missing a Hind leg, from just above the knee, but the wound was fairly fresh, all scabbed up, with the bone sticking out. I think it was the same squirrel.  
Another time I caught two squirrels F'n and got them both with one shot. What a way to go!
Airborne!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top