Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2002 11:38:23 PM EDT
"On October 25, 2000, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sent approximately 30 federal and local agents in stormtrooper
    attire to confiscate firearms from a dealer who, according to what they told him, 'did not have his papers in order.'"

The rest of the infuriating article can be read here:

[url]keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2346[/url]

It is no wonder with all of the BS the ATF pulls that Charlie Puckett ran.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to think something positive will come of this, and I wonder if AG Ascroft will take notice...

We have known that ATF has been out of control - even GSA figured it out in the '70's!  I've seen the conclusions of the report, but am still trying to locate a copy of the report proper...  It's the one cited in "Unintended Consequences," and it DOES exist!

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd like to think something positive will come of this, and I wonder if AG Ascroft will take notice...
View Quote

I highly doubt it. It will be business as usual, just like during the Reagan administration when even the President wanted to disband the ATF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top