Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2002 6:47:51 AM EDT
Wow.  I just finished watching (last night) the history  of the samurai.  They said that most marriages were of convinience and most slept with their swords as these arranged alliance marriages could change in a heartbeat.

They said the only true love a samurai ever found was with another pure warrior spirit.

Does this mean the ninjas were gay?  I thought they were "sweet".

James [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Ninjas and samurai were two VERY VERY different things.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually homosexuality was pretty common among the samurai, as well as the Spartans and a number of other military elites and societies. You get a bunch of guys together in close proximity for long periods of time, under intense situations, and this sorta thing sometimes develops. [spank]

The samurai, like the Greeks, sometimes remarked that the love a man and woman shared was a distraction, while love between warriors increased the cohesion in a unit. Actually, this also fits with the theory that the butchest guys who yell the most about how macho they are [pissed], those are usually the same ones with luxury class tickets on the Man Train.[sex]

Choo choo! [puke]

Ninjas, on the other hand are cool, by which I mean totally sweet. They are too busy flying, stabbing, and totally flipping out to have free time for buttsex. [moon] For that reason it is ok for a straight guy to love ninjas with his entire body (even his peepee).

[bounce] [chainsawkill] [bounce]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, you better delete this thread before some ninja sees it and totally flips out and cuts you head off. Ninjas are TOTALLY SWEET.

Ninja Facts:

1.    Ninjas are mammals.

2.    Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3.    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Dude, if you dont believe ninjas are totally SWEET go here.... [url]www.realultimatepower.net[/url]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
As a Japanese history buff, let me inject another viewpoint...In historical Japanese culture, It was unseemly for a husband to love his wife--A loving husband spoils his mother's
servant--A geisha was acceptable as an object of affection, but very expensive. A man's family could divorce his wife--with or without his approval. As for the elite military units, much more has been has been written about homosexuality in european armies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.  Ninjas were MAMMALS!  I thought they were cold blooded.  Gosh,  the stuff you learn here.  I mean I KNEW they were TOTALLY SWEET!  Wow.

And hey, I'm not scared of Ninjas.  I passed a "No Ninjaing" law here so that solves THAT problem.  

James
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I passed a "No Ninjaing" law here so that solves THAT problem.  
James
View Quote

like campaign reform, i think the law is unconstitutional, but it's ok because eventually the supreme court may overturn it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[size=4][b]Lets ask the Mall Ninja's[/b][/size=4]
View Quote

They might have a don't ask, don't tell policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top