Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 12:57:07 AM EDT
Hi gentlemen and ladies, first off let me say that I have been a frequent visitor of this board for months and months now. I am a avid gun lover and there seems to be some very level headed people involved in this board. So hi and goodwill to all. For my first post, I have a very unique question that I would like some thought provoking input on! the story goes like this. I am 32 and have never been married. My girlfriend is 30. We have been dating off and on since high school. We even went to a couple of proms together. We have had several dramatic breakups over the past 13 of 14 years. Always seeming to get back together, I don't know how exactly I would make it without her. I do think I love her. Now here is my problem. She has a sister two years younger that I had tried to go out with several months before I met her. She didn't turn me down, but I started dating a friend of hers. then about a year later I was dating her older sister. The woman I am dating now. The problem is that the younger sister is talking of marring this guy she has been dating lately, and I am actually in love with my girlfriends sister instead of her. At least I think so. Can anyone out there even relate to this? Male and most especially female comment would be great here. Should I play my hand and see if I would have a chance with the younger sister, or would this be a stupid move? I think she may have (feelings) for me to but maybe this is just wishful thinking. If I were to I do believe that it would come down to all or nothing. Risk it for how I feel or be satisfied with what I've got? Anybody out there been in a similar situation? Thanks.....AIRRAID>>>>>>>> HELP Advice welcome!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Marry your longtime squeeze and then try to nail the sister on the side.  Be sure to get a pre-nup so she wont ruin you if you guys decide to divorce.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife watches these soap operas...
Man, If you love her marry her- If you don't love her, don't marry her.  There is no other reason to get married.  You go into a marriage  with that kind of baggage, and you'll end up a statistic.  It seems that no one takes marriage seriously anymore. I've been married for eleven years now. Get married, but for the right reason.
Just my opinion!
AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I say move to Utah and marry them both!! [:)]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I say dump them both and look elsewhere....

If you could not commit to either of them by now!!!!!

GEeeeesh!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Get yourself a nice black lab.  They're a lot less trouble.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#8]
On a more serious note, I dated my wifes older sister before I dated her. As long as you keep it in the family it's ok [:)]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#11]
These are some serious issues and may require a phone call to Dr. Laura to iron out this psychological mess, not to mention your dirty laundry.

Common sense tells me to bail and move on to greener pastures.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Call Ms. Cleo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Me, I'd nail 'em both and smile all the way home. But since you have to live in that town afterwards IMHO you should look elsewhere for a mate. They aren't for you. If they were you'd have DONE SOMETHING by now, right?

"When someone shows you who they really are, believe them."
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Stay unmarried and get into Masturbation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
On a more serious note, I dated my wifes older sister before I dated her. As long as you keep it in the family it's ok [:)]
View Quote

ummm i think that only applies here in alabama

mike
View Quote

Dang! If she wasn't good enough for her cousins, she ain't good enough for me!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind
The Lovin' Spoonful

Did you ever have to make up your mind
Pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind

Did you ever have to finally decide
Say yes to one and let the other one ride
There's so many changes and tears you must hide
Did you ever have to finally decide

Sometimes there's one with big blue eyes, cute as a bunny
With hair down to here, and plenty of money
And just when you think she's that one in the world
You heart gets stolen by some mousey little girl

And then you know you'd better make up your mind...

Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her
And then you get distracted by her older sister
When in walks her father and takes you aside
And says, "You better go home, son, and make up your mind"

And then you bet you'd better finally decide...

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#18]
airraid,

I say if after 13-14 years you are still unsure then you never will be sure and you should break it off with your girlfriend and find a new woman. Have you dated anyone else seriously in these 13-14 years ? Or do you guys breakup, not see anyone else and then just get back together ? Oor if you do see someone else during a breakup period it is just a fling and nothing serious. If that's whats happening it sounds to me like both of you are afraid of being alone.  When you breakup you guys eventually get back together rather then be alone.

I've seen so many people do this and keep a relationship that should have been over years ago keep going and going and going.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you're in trouble, and no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/tatjana%2Fateam%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

THANKS!  That had me laughing out loud.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top