Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 4:51:50 PM EDT
[red][b]Sucks![/b][/red]  Why don’t they ship or move packages over the weekend, its not like most businesses close their doors on the weekend.

Sigh… it didn’t help that the people shipping my receiver said they would ship on the 20th then decided to ship on the 21st – normally that would not have bothered me but instead of coming in on Friday like it should have it will now come on Monday.

I was planning on going to the range with my new AR today with a few friends, looks like I’m just going to have to wait till next weekend for that.  [v]

Well that’s life.  I guess I could go to the range and burn up a few boxes of 9mm to help my sorrows [:D]

- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean. I ordered parts for a couple old bolt action rifles March 3rd. The package was UPSed on the 5th. Heres where it has been:
NY (origin)
NJ
IL
back to NJ
back to NY
IL again
back to NJ
CA

Hopefully it will be delivered Monday.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
THE MORE YOU PAY THE FASTER YOU RECIEVE
GROUND-IT'S LIKE THEY GIVE THE PKG THE DETOUR ROUTE TO YOUR DOORSTEP.[BD]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the time 2nd day air never leaves the ground. They just hustle it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you say UNION.
GG
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
THE MORE YOU PAY THE FASTER YOU RECIEVE
GROUND-IT'S LIKE THEY GIVE THE PKG THE DETOUR ROUTE TO YOUR DOORSTEP.[BD]
View Quote

I already paid too much for that striped receiver... Besides, they didn't give me the option for 2day even though it was there screw up that it didn’t get here when it was suppose to. [V]
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I already paid too much for that striped receiver... Besides, they didn't give me the option for 2day even though it was there screw up that it didn’t get here when it was suppose to.
View Quote

It probably would have been cheaper if you didn't need it striped. I mean, it probably looks cool, but plain old mil-spec works just as good. [;D]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Can you say UNION.
GG
View Quote

Yeah, I sure can...  If you had ever had the misfortune to work for UPS, you would too.  Employee mistreatment is a way of life with this organization.  

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
F*ck ya UPS is Union labor. We load thousands of packages into trailers in the middle of the night. The union is the only reason that the management can't work us to the bone, and thus the only reason people stay w/ the company. Last year my shift had a 70% turnover rate in 3 months. Oh well they are paying for school and fun toys. Ah college and ARs go so well together.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm reasonably sure UPS moves cargo on weekends.  I see lots of brown trucks on the interstate, but they still suck.

I've discovered the best way to send smaller stuff is via USPS priority mail.  It's cheaper, delievery in two or three days versus seven plus with UPS.  Midsouth and Midway let you choose.

Eddie
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
red/blue packages move durring the weekend. ground/brown sits. even if its going to the same place. reason is the red/blues drop into a airport (i think they just toss them out as they fly by) and the truck rolls from there to the next point if the next point isnt another flight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#14]
red/blue packages move durring the weekend. ground/brown sits.
View Quote

Everything I receive via UPS comes through the Montgomery, AL hub.  I've tracked packages (ground) that arrived in Montgomery on Sunday and were delivered to me (NW FL) on Monday.  Obviously some ground shipments move over the weekend.

Eddie
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#15]
hmmm, mabey it does. but the brown packages i tracked tend to sit on the weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top