Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 1:14:22 PM EDT
(first post, but I did use the search function prior to posting)

I want to buy a buttstock for my Preban Colt AR15 Sporter .223

From what I've read, I think the Colt is for me. However, do they make the newer ribbed style? Also, does the Colt have the hole threw the buttstock for the sling? (if not what should I get, River Rock Arms??)

Also, where should I buy it? Read a lot here about Dennis, Sawlesales, and J&T Dist.

Last Thing, Guess I need a wrench, right? Where and what to get? I'm not going to use it very much, but I would like a good quality one that I can keep forever.  

OH, and please let me know if I'm overlooking anything else I'll need to buy for installation of this new stock.

TIA... Rick
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a pin-style spanner wrench to do the telescoping stock jam nut. They can be found at Brownells, Gunsmoke Inc, American Spirit Arms, McMaster-Carr or Graingers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome, and before making a final decision, do check out this thread with a new design for the collapseable buttstock coming soon.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=97865[/url]

Definitely worth the wait, IMHO.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
RickDel:
..let me know if I'm overlooking anything else I'll need to buy for installation of this new stock.
View Quote

Unless you want a tele-stock "just because you can", or for the "cool factor" - try one first! Not everyone likes them.

...wrench -> I'm not going to use it very much, but I would like a good quality one that I can keep forever.  
View Quote

Don't buy a friggin "$5.95" one (that tooth is EASY pop off!).
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is the wrench you need:  [url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=6594&CATID=535[/url]
View Quote

The DPMS wrench is the best one I've used. I bought mine on eBay for $28, but they usually sell for more. The price in the link is very reasonable.

Also, I'd buy the telestock on the Equipment Exchange here on AR15.com. There are plenty of them available at any given time. If you decide you MUST have a Colt stock, be prepared to pay at least double the price for no reason other than the name brand.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I guess the DPMS wrench is the way to go..

Anybody have anything on the Colt butstock? Do they make the newer ribbed style? Also, does the Colt have the hole threw the buttstock for the sling? (if not what should I get, River Rock Arms??) Thanks for the headsup DScott.

I want to get a nice  tactical sling and I think the one that goes threw the rear of the buttstock looks really nice.. (don't really have any way to see any of this in person prior to buying, so your advice is extremely helpfull)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top