Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2002 5:50:46 AM EDT
[url] http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&u=/nm/20020322/od_nm/strip_dc_1[/url]

Schoolchildren Strip-Searched for Lost $5
Fri Mar 22, 8:13 AM ET

KANSAS CITY (Reuters) - A school principal and a teacher were ordered to stay home from school on Thursday after a class of third graders were strip-searched when $5 in lunch money disappeared.

The money did not turn up in Monday's search of the 26 students, who were between 8 and 9 years of age.

"There was a strip search. The kids were asked to take off their clothes. The female teacher searched the girls and the male teacher the boys," Kansas City School District spokesman Edwin Birch said.

Pitcher Elementary School Principal Jana Schwimmer and an unnamed teacher were ordered to stay away from work, though not officially suspended, pending an investigation of the incident, Birch said. It was not clear why both teachers were not removed.

Under Missouri rules, schoolchildren can be ordered to empty their pockets but not strip-searched
View Quote

---

hmmm and they didnt see this as going to far? i would have told mom and dad, they would have rasied holy hell over this. media scandel front page.

[ripoff mode]
Ban teachers, for the children.
[/ripoff mode]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
So... who strip-searched the principal and teacher? [:D]

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]

they did each other of course, silly......
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
No redray, the correct answer is no one, they have a union to protect them from this kind of behaivor.

My children would have told them to eat the peanuts of of their shit before they would have allowed someone other than mom or dad to strip them down, in fact, I dare say, it could have gotten pretty ugly, my daughter could take both her teacher and her pansy-ass principal - no problem.

Blood would have been shed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
This could have been a problem -

How much time can I get for A&B? [;D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
That teacher and principal ought to be fired on the spot.  What a joke. Over 5 bucks?  Come on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I think  these to used up their allotted amout of stupid actions per year in one day. by about.. 26 each.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember they used to have the kids count the change at my grade school for the hot lunch program, and this would come up every now and then. Why they insist that kids do that job... if it's to build their self esteem then I would ask what effect being accused of theft would have. Crazy!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
you don't understand and are being way too harsh.
if we don't allow those that know best to start when they are young, how do you expect them to become accustomed to these intrusions on personal freedom when they are older?  how can you expect them to feel comfortable with confiscation of property for the common good, excessive taxation, proper respect for those in authority, recognizing that there is an elite class that should have more rights then the commoner?
they are just trying to help prepare them for adulthood.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What a disgrace they should be prosecuted for violating those childrens civil rights.

If my child had been stripped searched I would be on the phone to the police , FBI and every newspaper and tv show.

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
You know, if I had kids, and this happened to one of them, I'd have to restrain myself from getting my kid to scream "HE TOUCHED ME!" to anyone who would listen.

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I think if it were my child, I would be dragging someone out onto the play ground for a major ass whoopin.  (Prolly ended up in jail for assault or something.)  Then filed charges against the school district for hiring pervs and child molesters as teachers and principals.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I would not mine strip searching the lady teacher, that's if she was good looking. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Nakid--she prolly looked like Janet Reno.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top