User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've got a preban Australian shepperd upper with a Golden Retriever lower, has a pistol grip but I wouldn't advise putting your hand around it. Eats anything I feed it, has never had a FTE. Has a personality like this:[bounce]
View Quote

Great dogs I still have 4 of them left.

Just I'll have to sell one of the pre-ban's so I can get a dog safe to store all of them.

Ok, any opinions on a good dog safe???
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Big_Bear
Who needs a bayonet when you can duct tape one of these to the end of your barrel?

A tie dyed dachshund!  Is this what they call a 'dapple'?  I've read about this variation but have never actually seen one, just the black&tan & red-brown ones.  He/she is just the cutest thing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]

I talked to a guy locally that trains police shepards and labs for a living. He told me that AKC dogs are not only highly subject to hip problems,
View Quote

I have a Shepherd right now that I can go back 12 generations with NO hip or elbow dysplasia and I personaly know at least 40 breeders who can boast the same
but they way they are bred, they are a danger to the handler.
View Quote

????????? Please explain this statement. When dogs are in the ring, they are judged on temperment, this goes for American as well as German lines. The first show of bad temperment WILL get you thrown out of the ring, the second show will get the dog banned PERMANENTLY.
When you make this statement, are you refering to proffesional breeders or "backyard breeders?" There is a HUGE difference.
All my Shepherds have exelent temperment.
Once again, please explain your statement.

He told me that it's possible to breed a beagle and a poodle and get it registered with the AKC.
View Quote

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but he is WRONG! You MUST show pedigree before you can register a dog. When I do a breeding If the puppy isn't up to my standards it will go to a pet home. I stipulate on the contract that it can not be registered. I o this to keep unscrupulous people from registering a less than perfect example. This is not the exception to the rule.

As with everything else, there ARE unscrupulous breeders in America as well in Germany.

My argument is not which one is better, as that goes to personal prefference.
My argument is to those ho think, with no basis other than "He told me" or "I heard that",
that AKC (remember they don't breed dogs) OR American breeders somehow "f*cked up the breeed"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top