Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2002 1:48:55 PM EDT
I'd love to put Pro-Gun stickers on my car but I don't becuase I think cops would be more likely to start shit if I got pulled over. Also I think my car would be more likely to be broken into becuase someone might think there is a gun in it they could steal (many times there is).
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I do ... i dont really think a sticker that says " Teds Kennedys car  has killed more people  than my Gun "

will cause some nutjob to break into it...

Cluster...
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the round NRA sticker on the inside of the window and a white Browning Buckmark that is about 6 inches tall next to that.  I would not put anything else on my truck, especially something that makes a statement.  I would rather have someone mad at me than take it out on my truck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
"VEGETARIAN - An old Indian word for lousy hunter."

-Thank you Warren Jensen at Lost River Ballistics.

**Oh yeah, almost forgot...an NRA Whittington Center parking sticker on the front windshield.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope.  Won't put bumper stickers on my Mustang and the only sticker on my jeep is an upside down "If you can read this roll me over"  
I've been thinking of putting a few dozen on my new/used trailer.  Maybe a huge painting of an AR50 pointing towards the rear.  [:D]
I was thinking of putting them on my suitcase once but didn't want people breaking in because there might be a gun in there.  Just have a billion 4x4 stickers all over.

I'd like a nice AR15.com or black cutout of an AR15 magnetic sticker.  Place those on my vehicles.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Emphatic no. My one vanity on my otherwise invisible Ford truck is a set of USMC veteran plates... I say this because I prefer anonymity, and for another reason that's played out twice to my advantage. (I was going to post this on the "Police State" thread, but it's more appropriate here.)

Here's what's happened;  I've been pulled over for speeding, and caught dead to rights for doing so. On both occasions, I rolled down my window, turned off the engine, ensured I was buckled in, turned on the 4 way lights, and sat straight up, with both hands on clearly on the wheel. When the officer approached, he gave me the usual "Know why I pulled you over?" line, to which I said "Yessir, I got a good idea, wanna go ahead and tell me anyway?" After that, he asked for the big three, license, registration, and POI, and before giving it to him, I said clearly to him, (which was difficult, because he was at my 8 o'clock), "Sure. I'm going to reach into the glove box for it, OK?" After that, and the usual speech on safe driving, I've been let off with a warning. Never been searched, told to get out of the truck and handcuffed, never had the truck searched, been patted down, etc. Never had the 2.5" 686 under the seat found, the 26" Asp baton in the visor confiscated, or been questioned about the K-Bar wedged in the seat crack. That, and never been grilled about the contents of my bed box, which would assuredly result in a lot of other probing interrogatives, and the contents of which will not be forthcoming. All because I was polite, and forthcoming 'enough'. Did I look like a pansy or a sheep? Who cares! I got to drive away, not once, but TWICE, because I didn't come off like a whiner, a redneck, a crusader, or anything else. I swear to you, my shooting friends, anonymity is where it's at. Never give them a reason to look at you twice, and you'd be amazed at how much you can get away with.

Maskirovka=freedom
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#7]
A NRA sticker and a Colorado State Shooting Association.

So far I haven't been keyed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
on my new truck i have 4

a round nra member sticker on the drivers side window

on my rear drivers side window i have a CMP and sig round sticker.

the rear passenger side window soprts the ever popular "charelton heston is my president" bumper sticker
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I had an NRA  " Hunt with your kids....Not for them! " Sticker on my last car....that I totaled.

I have not found a replacemnt as of yet as you cannot find them in Canada.  However my plates read...  DBL TAPP.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a small HK sticker on my side rear window and a Molon Labe hat on the back dash.  I work at a large corporation in the suburbs of philly, which seems to be becoming more anti-gun and liberal as time passes.  While some of my coworkers know I am into firearms, it is not something I want to really advertise there as I suspect many people of being anti-gun as well.  I figure HK is obscure enough (as opposed to say, Glock or S&W) that only a pro-gun or LE is going to recognize it and I don't think anyone other than a progunner is going to recognize Molon Labe.  Sort of a heads up to the good guys while keeping the bad in the dark.

Rocko
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
No, I do not want cops or criminals to know i have guns until it is time for them to know, cops on a traffic stop criminals wellll.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a good article in the current combat handguns: self-defense & the law when it doesn't pay to advertise, it is by Mas Ayoob.
Covers this topic quite well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#14]
There are no stickers on LotBoys vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#15]
North American Hunting Club sticker on back window that was there when I bought the jeep.  op isnt on very much (only when it is so cold I cant stand it), so usually no.  As far as my plates, I used to have personalized plates, but, like Arquebus12, I chose to be annonymus.  Hell, I cant even remember my plates.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a nice target in my from windshield, it's .357mag 'wadcutters' nice perfectly round holes, 20 of them in the center ring.  I let the b/g make his own conclusion!  I'm not worried either, in Canada, we can't drive around with restricted firearms in the car!
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't want to give any pro-gun organization a bad name by having my beat-up old (super-reliable) twice-totalled, rusted and bondo-ed (100% paid for) rice burner truck associated with it.

Not only that, cops are less likely to pull over vehicles with no distinguishing marks.  I had a sheriff's deputy tell me he liked to pick on drivers of cars with "Support your local police" bumper stickers.

[peep]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Drivers side windshield corner sports my GOA and NRA stickers... the only thing I've got on the back of the Jeep is [b]God, please protect me from your followers.[/b]

The one time I've been pulled over the cop liked the 'God' one... still got my baby towed, though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Only a couple....

NRA
&
IHMSA
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope my AR15.COM license plate frame counts!
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#22]
NRA and HK.  Coming soon, Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Only a PVA sticker on right rear van window.
Hope if I have a flat that someone will stop and help me change it.
RL       [0j]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#25]
No. The only thing I have is an American flag on the rear window.(and it's been there a LONG time)
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I dunno, waddya all think?  Too much?

[img]http://home.supernet.com/~libertyof76/pictures/carpic.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I just have a MILLION MOM MARCH sticker so that the cops never search me.

Actually it says AMERICA - ARMED and FREE
 It may be 'safer' to not advertise but where would we be if Tommy J. and the boys took this stance ???
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I dunno, waddya all think?  Too much?

[img]http://home.supernet.com/~libertyof76/pictures/carpic.jpg[/img]

View Quote

Now Here's a man not afraid to speak his mind. God bless ya. Enjoy freedom of speech while we still have it. (the senate passed campaign freespeech reform today, you know).
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#29]
NRA Endowment Member- just cuz I'm so proud of it.  Other than that, that's all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I just have the ordinary NRA round decal...the one that goes inside the window so no asswipe can rip it off.

There's only one other sticker I'd like to put on my car:

"If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"

CJ

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't have any stickers on my vehicle, but I do carry a 45....
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I have been looking for a little HK sticker, with red HK letters, no background (cut out). Anyone ever see one of these? maybe a plastic (red) emblem with raised letters? That would look more professional than a sticker.

I was debating whether or not to advertise guns on my vehicle, which is why I have not done this yet...

If I end up deciding to put pro-gun decals & emblems on my Jeep, maybe a plastic emblem with gold raised letters stating "AR15.com" would be a nice touch, instead of a decal/sticker that wears/fades. kinda like the V8 or Jeep emblems... I wonder how much it would cost to make a bunch of those in silver or gold. Would anyone else be interested? Who on this site would we need to talk to to see if they can get some of these made?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now Here's a man not afraid to speak his mind. God bless ya. Enjoy freedom of speech while we still have it. (the senate passed campaign freespeech reform today, you know).
View Quote

That would be my car. DScott decided to pilfer my picture.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#34]
1) Picture of Beretta M92 with the phrase "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." Picked up at Orlando Gun Show.

2) "Charleton Heston is my President"

3) NRA Round Logo

The Pensacola PD were cool. One of them even helped me push my truck into a lot after it broke down with all 3 stickers in plain view.

Orlando is another matter. I got pulled over after I got the 1st sticker with a plate that had expired 2 days before. The first officer stepped out and walked towards my window and another stepped out and moved into my blindspot. I explained the expired plates (I was unaware they had expired), etc...and the officer asked if I had any Drugs or Weapons. I told him no. He did seem nervous, but he let me on my way after issuing me a written warning.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#35]
NRA, Ducks Unlimited, Whitetails Unlimited, and the Ruger emblum (red on black, no words) stickers on the rear of pick-up cap. On the bumper "My Pres is Heston." My wife's vehicle is the "stealth" vehicle. No stickers at all.

Just before the last election, some prankster put NRA stickers on all the sheriff's dept squad car's bumpers. Either they didn't notice, or didn't care...they were on there for at least a week. It took that long for some anti to bitch, so they took them off. Some of the deputies have them on their private vehicles...and maybe they decided to put them on the squads??? Nobody's talkin'.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Yup, NRA sticker on the front and rear windshields.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Used to have a "Welcome to Florida. Now go Home." sticker. But, it seemed to piss off the Yankees/New Yorkers which seems like a good thing. But, then again I got keyed a couple of times (South Florida) so I removed it.

I thought about sticking a "If ignorance was painful, there'd be alot of Democrats in Pain." sticker on my truck. But, I think that would also illicit a keying or worse in South Florida.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There's only one other sticker I'd like to put on my car:

"If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"

CJ

View Quote

You've got that problem too, huh? I've got that saying on a T-shirt... black with BIG flourescant blue lettering... the tourists just love me....[}:D]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Just my .02.  I know that police officers are just like our general population.  There are those that hate guns, those that tolerate them, and those that love them.  I don't think it is about what you can get away with in front of police, but how you treat them goes a long way.  I know in NH, many cops are big lovers of guns, but in other states it may vary.  Cops have a job to do.  Most of them won't bust your chops unless you give them an attitude.  Think about going to work everyday and having someone tell you how to do your job over and over.  I would bet that would upset most anyone.  Treat a cop with respect just as you would want to be treated and it goes a long way.  I don't think having a bumper sticker pro-gun on your car will get you any different treatment, the only difference is that it may cause them to ask you if your armed, which is for their safety.  Be courteous and honest, it doesn't mean your being a wuss, but a respectable person.  It does go a long way, believe me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the "Welcome to Florida" one....LMAO!! I have HK of course and my tribute to the firefigthers of course.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a bucnch on the back window of my truck....2 nra stickers (one on each side) a "Have you hugged your assault weapon today?" sticker and a "Warning- Driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition" sticker.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#43]
NRA sticker and AR15.com license plate frame.

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't have any sayings that could be offensive or pix of guns... I do have a Gunsite Raven and a TR sticker on one side and an NRA and Law Enforcement Alliance of America sticker on the other side, plus a dive flag sticker.

I don't leave guns in my car, I'm not real concerned about it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No. The only thing I have is an American flag on the rear window.(and it's been there a LONG time)
View Quote

oh god, me too, i am disgusted by fair weather patriotism.  you don't know how many times i got funny looks or comments about my flag. now it's "popular" and "trendy"  "hey everybody, let's have a contest to see how many fucking flags i can have, i have more, so i'm more trendy"  the same thing happened during the gulf war, it'll die down again and once again only the true patriots will be left displaying their flag.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#46]
What......Noone has a "Rosie is a Fat Bitch" bumper sticker?  Shame on you all!
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be my car. DScott decided to pilfer my picture.
View Quote

I never said it was my car... I would [b]never[/b] admit to that.

Nor would I claim that [b]this[/b] was my picture...

[img]http://home.supernet.com/~libertyof76/pictures/mepicture.jpg[/img]

Or put all this shit on the internet here:

[url]http://home.supernet.com/~libertyof76/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#49]
"Airborne"
"Special Forces"
"Terrorists Are Cowards"
"it's an asolute fact that I am
 100% SOBER
 at least two or three days per year" (my wife's idea of a joke)

6x10 stars and bars on ALL vehicles - immediately after purchase (newest vehicle in my lot is an 89 that I bought for the wife two years ago)

US Army Flag
US Air Force Flag
POW/MIA Flag

Somehow, I don't seem to get molested anywhere - even with the doors unlocked and the windows down...

Let's not forget the various shop and performance decals as well (local muffler shop, local machine shop, Rancho - nothing too obvious...  I don't need to advartise MSD or anyone like that too loudly, you know.)

And, my NAXJA Member tags.  Must have.

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#50]
In the driver's-side rear quarter window of my VW:

NRA round logo
Honda Rider's Club sticker
Apple Computer sticker
Masonic Square & Compasses sticker

I think the juxtaposition confuses people.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top