Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2002 10:49:32 PM EDT
Is there a heating spec. in the house.  I'm building my house, out of pocket, and the heating system is gonna be baseboard hydronic.  I'm looking for info on the best boiler.  Keep in mind I'm building out of pocket so be kind when it comes to cost.  I've looked at Weil McClain, Burnham, and Peerless and they all look like they will do what I need, but don't know which is best for the money.  Also space is a consideration 5'x8' space and domestic hot water is going to be a part of the system.  Thanks for any help and advice in advance.  Oh yea.  It will be natural gas fired.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
 I happen to be partial to Burnham, although W-McC is no slouch either.  Be advised that you pay for the name.  I havent seen enough Peerless boilers to comment.  I would suggest you use a 'sidearm' type HW tank instead of a tankless coil for your domestic hot water.
 Qualifications - 20 yrs in HVAC, Maryland Master HVAC Mechanic, 7 yrs experience as an instructor.  Have you considered a hot floor system?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Paspecops.  I appreciate the advice.  I sort of figured the name would jack up the price.  I did consider the hot floor system, a year after the concrete was poured.  I've already set it up for baseboard now anyway.  A dollar short and a day late I guess.  By 'sidearm' type hot water are you referring to a "boiler mate" or similar type system?  If so, that's exactly what I had in mind.  Why burnham?  Ease of install, more reliable?  I was kinda leaning toward the Burnham just cause of price.  Again, thanks for the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top