Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2002 7:20:52 PM EDT
Today I was walking around Chinatown and Canal St coming back from a good lunch at La Mela, when lo and behold I see the Blackhawk Down dvd!  Normally, these bootlegs are for shit quality, but this was actually not bad at all!  The sound was even good!  Gotta say that I've already watched it 4 times and I'm not sick of it yet.  However, I still can't get past that scene of the belted blanks!  

Ended up offering the lady 8 dorra, and she took it.  The DVD was definately from Hong Kong from all of the Chinese writing on it and the fact that the movie appears to have come off one of the studio's reels of film, rather than Leroy sitting at the theatre with a camera!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell you what , how about doing me a favor and going back to pick a copy up for me..?
Will paypal the payment and shipping...

is that to much to ask of a total stranger?

hey I bought a preban today... now I feel like part of the family..[:D]

hmm Im serious btw about shipping me a copy..

cluster
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
How about 2? Purdy Please.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, make it an even six! (I have friends, don't we all!)

Chris
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys,

If you think the ATF will smoke you, try fooling around with the FBI on video copyright abuse.  I'm sure that you all know of the ongoing problems with copyright infringement on VHS tapes, and now with DVD's coming from the PRC.

If you have a broadband connection, try Morpheus.  I "know of" people that have downloaded every episode of "Band of Brothers," and I believe you can find "Black Hawk Down" there as well.

The great thing about Morpheus is a) it's free, and b) it's anonymous.  Keep that in mind.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Rant mode on

That's just great Minman.  The producers and the studios stuck their necks (and wallets) out to make a decent war movie.  They deserve to be rewarded for their efforts.  Black Hawk Down was a pretty big budget movie.  If they don't get sufficient sales (including the DVD sales), the next war film is less likely get made.

Instead you just supported someone in the PRC in stealling valuable American property.  The Chinese are notorious pirates.  May be you feel that you want to support Chinese communists.  

What you did is common but still theft.  

Wait for the legal version in 6 months and pay the $20 or tell your wife you want it for Christmas.  

Rant mode off.

Link Posted: 3/17/2002 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rant mode on

That's just great Minman.  The producers and the studios stuck their necks (and wallets) out to make a decent war movie.  They deserve to be rewarded for their efforts.  Black Hawk Down was a pretty big budget movie.  If they don't get sufficient sales (including the DVD sales), the next war film is less likely get made.

Instead you just supported someone in the PRC in stealling valuable American property.  The Chinese are notorious pirates.  May be you feel that you want to support Chinese communists.  

What you did is common but still theft.  

Wait for the legal version in 6 months and pay the $20 or tell your wife you want it for Christmas.  

Rant mode off.
View Quote

I've got a feeling that most of these people on the forum will also buy the studio release of the DVD. I'm sure there will be some neat Special Edition features not available from this "pre-release" version. They just want to be the first kid on the block with it. We've ALL been guilty of that, haven't we. No harm, well, not too much...
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guys,

If you think the ATF will smoke you, try fooling around with the FBI on video copyright abuse.  I'm sure that you all know of the ongoing problems with copyright infringement on VHS tapes, and now with DVD's coming from the PRC.

If you have a broadband connection, try Morpheus.  I "know of" people that have downloaded every episode of "Band of Brothers," and I believe you can find "Black Hawk Down" there as well.

The great thing about Morpheus is a) it's free, and b) it's anonymous.  Keep that in mind.

View Quote
Ya, its on there but I have a dial up connection and it would take me 3 weeks to download it from Morpheus! [shock]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys, as much as I'd liketo send out a copy to everyone, I definately would not due to the CR laws.  I'm a year from taking the Bar and I don't need a conviction for selling $8 black market DVDs!

Oh yeah, the Morpheus/Kazaa copies that are floating on the net suck in comparison, you won't get through the first 5 minutes before shutting it off. Don't waste your bandwidth!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sleazy.

Selling out for a $12 savings.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I have also heard that a lot of these bootlegs come from other third word groups. so, you may be supporting terrorism with out knowing it as well. Wait and buy the legal copy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top