Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2002 11:33:11 PM EDT
Since this is the last Friday I'll have to drink freely tell the end of my first year of law school, I've decided to embibe in many a fine 12oz bottle of beer...

My choice while in the heady days of poorness in the Corps was Miller Genuine Draft... But because now I'm supposed to be cultured as an attorney...

I drink Rolling Rock tell the cows come home...

Whats your favorite?   (And don't tell me its PBR or I'll kill the thread LOL.)
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Miller High Life

The Champagne of Beers
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
PBR.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Beer? Whats beer?

Being serious...

[size=5][b]Beck's.[/b][/size=5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
PBR Nooooooo!

Please tell me you wake up early on Saturday after a hard night of drinking with your "free lance" construction buddy's in order to watch the latest "Busch series" car race! LOL  WITH a twelver of PBR!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I drink:

-Budweiser
-Bud Light
-Michelob
-Michelob Light

Why?  
Because I drink beer because I like beer, not because a beer in a green bottle makes you look cool. I have a friend who is an architect, he will only drink local micro brews, or imported beers. Why? because he thinks it makes him look cool. He admits he doesn't even like the taste of any thing but my above mentioned beers but, he will only drink them in private!!!!

Please don't do this.....pick a beer because you like the taste, be a man.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:16:38 AM EDT
[#6]
BASS Ale
Need a little hearty taste.
Coors light not bad when your out fishing in the summer heat.

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]
<--Duh..............
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:34:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Pilsner Urquell from Czech Republic
Warstiener from Germany
Bass from Britian
Fosters from Austraila (I think I read this is brewed here by one of the major brewers)

excellent import choices IMO

Domestic goodies..
Michaelbob (michelob)
Shiner Bock
Samuel Adams
Budweiser

These are my favorites but I'm so poor I mostly drink good old Natural Lite.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:43:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<--Duh..............
View Quote

so, alex, what was it you said you liked to drink? [:D]
View Quote

<-----I forget......
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#12]
[size=5]Newcastle Brown Ale[/size=5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#13]
^5, reddobie..... Newcastle it is!! [:D]

When I can find it, I'll pick up Blue Moon, a Belgian wheat ale under the Coor's distributing label.

If I'm out (barring the availability of Newcastle), I will drink Amber Bock, Killian's or, in extreme emergencies, Coor's Light.  

Oh... and I'd rather stay SOBER than drink Bud. [:P]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:49:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Corona, goes great with those fajitas and eggs in the morning!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:53:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm drinking a Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale at this time.  And I do like the taste of micro brews. the only thing better is home brews.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#16]
My favorite drinking beer is FREE - followed closely by COLD.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Ipswitch Ale, if I can get it.. For daily consumption though, Dr. Beck's finest elixer does me well- the lack of preservatives yeilds a lack of hangovers!

[8D]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Paulaner, Loewenbraeu (a sixpack for $5.49 :), or, for the quick beer between drinks, Foster's. I seriously haven't found an American beer I like yet. There some I can tolerate, like .....no there aren't.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#19]
"...Gonna win that ole blue ribbon..at least I`m gonna try.....gonna drink canada dry before I die...."........[:)]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Miller Lite....bucket ice....please....
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#22]
* Leffe'Bruin (dark Belgian Beer)
** Black Raven Bock (Green Mill micro-brew)
***Michelob Amber Bock
...if I have to settle for other, it's Leinie's Red, Sam Adams, or other premium.

ooops.. forgot Special Export, when none above are available.[:)]

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Miller lite is the quantity drinking beer. Guiness is a big fav and have been spoiling myself lately with Samuel Adams Lager instead of the Miller Lite. Used to have a serious liking for Abita Turbo Dog. St Paulie's Girl another fav from way back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#24]
cold beer
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Regular yellow can Coors and Shiner Bock. Actually I like OP beer best. It's usually cold and paid for. [IMG]http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net7/beerchug.gif[/IMG]    
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Budweiser
-Bud Light
-Michelob
-Michelob Light

Why?
Because I drink beer because I like beer, not because a beer in a green bottle makes you look cool. I have a friend who is an architect, he will only drink local micro brews, or imported beers. Why? because he thinks it makes him look cool. He admits he doesn't even like the taste of any thing but my above mentioned beers but, he will only drink them in private!!!!
View Quote

Call me a beer snob, but I think people who drink "your" beers, with the possible exception of Michelob straight, don't really like beer!  Miller Lite has some taste (not particularly good taste, but if yer buyin' I'm drinkin') to it, but Bud Light, Mich Light and Coors Light are like tainted water.

Good beers (that actually taste like beer):  Sam Adams, Moosehead, Double Diamond, Becks, Heineken.  And a lotta others, but specifically excluding any American "light" beer, Budweiser, and the obvious choice of horribles such as PBR.  I wish I did like Bud as they support the shooting sports.  They need to come out with a good beer I could buy and enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Budweiser
Michelob
Michelob "Amber Bock"
In my opinion Lite beer is for women. Can't stand the taste of the stuff. Tastes like dishwater. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I like Rolling Rock and Yeungling Lager for "drinking" and my favorite tasing beer is an oatmeal stout that was brewed at a place called The Foundry in Pittsburgh.  It has been a while since and the commercial oatmeal stouts do not compare. It was by far the best I've had yet.

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#29]
My own.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
fer the very best in beer,

larn ta make yer own !!

then larn ta make it fast !!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Samuel Adams cream stout!!

Alternate: Sierra Nevada pale ale with a lime wedge!

-T.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Bud
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Pilsner Urquell
"Jeste jedno, prosim vas!"

[Edited to add:  BUDWEISER is NOT AMERICAN BEER:  CENTRAL EUROPEAN since the 14th century)
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Murphy's Stout!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#35]
well, here at willy's house it is:
  NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE.
i like SPATEN also. any SPATEN.
no, i don't drink expensive beers because it makes me look cool. i drink them because they agree with my digestive system. light beers give me heartburn. when i introduce a portion of budwieser (light beer swill), into my tummy, it thinks "oh boy, a meal!" and adjusts the stomach acid to deal with it. after the rest of the budweiser gets in there, my tummy goes "oh sh-t!, there ain't no food here, now i gots  too much acid!" but it's too late! ain't no backin' out now sucker! so it's heartburn city folks, unless i can slam down a whole bunch more! it's an evil cycle!    honest.  
i drink NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE, because it has real food value!
regards.  free (belch) willy
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Bud, Sam Adams, Michelob, Sapporo, Kirin, and Asahi.  I buy cheapo beer when I'm poor.  Drinking Bud now, hahaha.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Michelob if I want draft beer and Corona with lime otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#39]
http://www.theonion.com

Home-Brewing Phase Comes To Long-Overdue Conclusion
BETHEL PARK, PA— Local resident Randy Paltz's two-year home-brewing phase finally came to its long-overdue conclusion Tuesday. "Thank God, it's over at last," said Andrea Longo, girlfriend of the 33-year-old beer aficionado. "Every few weeks, he'd make a big production about his latest 'Paltz's Signature Brew.' It all tasted the same—like really thick, sh[!++]y beer." Friend Tim Traschel also expressed relief, saying, "Now I can actually go to his house and bring some Michelob without getting a lecture about the low quality of hops in commercial beers."

[Edited for profanity]
http://www.theonion.com
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#41]
NEWCASTLE!!!
Samuel Smith Nut Brown
Original Coors
Tecate
or when at the bar, Black and Tan......
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
PBR.  Seriously.
View Quote

Oh, yeah, the beer that hasn't won a blue ribbon for over a hundred years!![:)]

I would nominate Carlings Black Label (hey, Mabel!) just for the memories it gives me of watching all those bowling matches.  Even now, when I see pins flying, I drool.

Do they still make Drewry's  That was my pop's favorite - he'd be 83 today, but died suddenly at about my age.  EEk!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Anything but Buttwiper
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Summer: Straub (St. Marys Pa.)
Winter: Sam Adams Boston Lager
       Honorable mention; Guinness (must be on
       tap)
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Current favorites:

Redhook IPA
Black Star, when I can get it
Steinlager
Asahi Super Dry

Once in a while, that Guinness Stout

If you want to brew your own, what is the best kit to buy?  I like the extra hoppy stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I second what PRK is asking. Whats the best way to get started making your own beer? CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey rally,
I was in the same boat you are in now, out of the Corps, going to law school...
find good tasting out of the mainstream, but not too weird, beers to drink.
Have a bunch you like like that.
Reason? During your summer, and even more once you get your ticket, you will find that lawyers drink lost at all events, and judge each other by their drinking.
Wine is okay for the girl lawyers.
Men do the hard stuff. By drinking cultured beer, that means stuff they have to ask what it is, you can get by with just beer.
Good thing I love high quality beer.
Koestriker has been a personal fav lately, dark but smooth and not heavy.

edit to read that the slip ("lost" in place of "lots") was an accident but says it all
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I remember when I got out of the Corps and was contemplating going to Law School. I decided to keep my self respect and integrity and became a crack whore.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I remember when I got out of the Corps and was contemplating going to Law School. I decided to keep my self respect and integrity and became a crack whore.
View Quote

WMS!! (wiping my screen)
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Sam Adams on tap when in Conn., at home in Ole Virginny..Michelob or skip the beer and get on with the good stuff, a little Vitamin V (Vodka), Tequila, or a sipping Bourban.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top