User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 10:43:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It could have been an HS2000.  I got mine for less that $350.  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Aw man,  you lost you opportunity to get the PoPo involved, possibly recovering a stolen gun!

What if that was YOUR stolen gun?  Wouldn't you want it recovered quick before it got into the wrong hands???
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Many people know me these days for two things, fixing cars and shooting. While I was working on a car for a customer, some guy comes up to my customer and pulls him aside. They seem to know each other and I kept working. A few minutes later this guy appraoches me and asks me if I want to buy a gun. I thought it was rather foward and out of line of this man to ask me something like that, so I asked a few questions because I had an idea that this could be some stolen gun or something bad. The guy tells me that he has a NIB 9mm pistol for $350. Right there I stopped him and asked him not to show me anything and to please leave my work area. My customer was right there and he told the guy that he better leave right now, and he did. It just proves once again how easily a criminal can get a gun these days, even with all of the gun laws on the books.
View Quote

The gun laws are there to protect the criminals from the law abiding haven't you learned yet? Your in Westchester right? Do you have a Concealed Carry permit? I stand zero chance. Shit, I was supposedly getting my regular permit this week, and it appears not! I know for fact my permit is sitting on the judges desk for approval placed on top of the stack. That was 1.5 weeks ago. I put a deposit on new pistol, was expecting to pick up both of mine and go shooting this weekend to break them both in, so much for those plans. I hate the laws in NY, once my unit changes or merges I am out of here! I am looking hard at Florida as my next move. I want hot womenz, warm weather, and a concealed carry permit, then I will be happy!

Oh yeah $350 for a hot pistol, damn even the criminals inflate pricing in Westchester lol! Hunts point, $20 for one still smoking from the crime it was just used for lol!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure that this stalwart individual was not a member of the New Rochelle Police Department in drag??  Or perhaps one of their buddies looking for a reduced sentence on his other charges?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
From 71-Hour_Achmed
Are you sure that this stalwart individual was not a member of the New Rochelle Police Department in drag?? Or perhaps one of their buddies looking for a reduced sentence on his other charges?

I agree 100%.  Considering your run in with the goose stepping NRPD this smells like a set up.  Since the pigs got spanked & couldn't keep your AR they are fishing for something else to bust you over.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what he would have done if you asked him to wait outside while you called the local PD to see if it was stolen or not??

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top