BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1699
Posted: 4/6/2020 1:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61]
Bored, and want to live dangerously?

Company I've been in for 14 years is in it's death throes...got pounded by the 'Rona. They own a wall of patents on MEMS laser projection and LIDAR, and just signed an agreement with MSFT last week to transfer manufacture of the light engine in Hololens II to a royalty agreement. The next day 50M shares traded...and there are only 150M shares total for the company. Looks now like they were cleaning up for a sale/merger because...

..."MVIS-Today announced it has retained investment banking firm Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC to serve as its financial advisor as it explores various licensing and other strategic alternatives, including a potential sale or merger of the company."

Selling this morning at .22 to .23 a share. Speculation is rampant about what a sale would bring, because potential suitors include MSFT, Apple, STM, Sony and others. Read this thread carefully to see what's going on!...and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose. A reverse-split is also still  on the table, and those almost always destroy shareholder value*.

ETA: *"destroy shareholder value" is a euphemism for "individual investor loses his shirt".

MVIS retains Craig Hallum

Full disclosure: I hold 30K shares at an .84 ASP. If they sell for a buck a share I make beer money. If it goes for $5 I make Porsche money. Point is, at .23 right now a buck sale will be a three bagger...

UPDATE: CEO just sent out a memo begging shareholders to vote "yes" on the reverse split...heavy implication is they're getting hammered by "no" votes, and the motion won't pass, or is in serious danger.

MVIS Reddit is lighting up. I won't pretend to fully understand the repercussions, but it sure is entertaining. If you have proxy voting rights, please use them and support the vote of no confidence on item 3!

Go here and do some (non-technical) Reddit reading. Emotions running high. Share is up 28% as I type.
Form_defa14a
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jacobsk:
Watching the John Deere press event from CES on antonymous tractors. They have an 8R tractor running fields without an operator.

I don’t see sensors of any size on the rig.

Anyone else seeing this? There’s billions of unquantified miles of crops driven each year

ETA:
John Deere CES

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116241/300FDC04-8DE6-4563-A2B9-893296E0ED52-2228381.png

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116241/91764F20-B8DC-4B7E-A9C9-AD89A746E7EC-2228383.png
View Quote

The sensor is mounted to the front weights.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Jacked the share price up in AH by 8.5% so far
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

28% now.  Niceeeee
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
28% now.  Niceeeee
View All Quotes

28% now.  Niceeeee

Those $3 calls I bought the other day are looking pretty good now
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

View Quote

I might have to sell calls tomorrow.

All this on basically another "we expect approval soon" PR? This market is so whacky.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Total53:

All this on basically another "we expect approval soon" PR? This market is so whacky.
View All Quotes

I think it's the anticipation that it's very, very soon.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mrkma:

Martingale only works if two things are in play... Unlimited bankroll and no table limits. Play it long enough and it will eventually wipe you out. Table limits is what makes Martingale a bad idea, and not having a billion dollars.
View Quote

Yeah we were working with lower amounts of money being life changing. So it works to clear a couple grand (we were making 2.83/hr bartending). It also pretty much counts your time as worthless.

He did it a bunch. When he would bust out he’d go back to the restaurant and work. When he’s win he’s put it to his tuition.

He also got a bunch of comped rooms and all the goose we could drink while we were there.
Which at the time, was super worthwhile.

The house always wins. I did the math once and I believe the card game “war” has the best odds, but it’s still overall a loss for gamblers.

I lost a month’s paycheck at a time when I should have not done that in about 2 minutes in Vegas.

Part of the reason I’m not throwing more money at MVIS right now, despite REALLY WANTING TO!!!!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Grabbed another 2000 shares of SENS.  waiting for this one to break above it's 52 wk high, then we will know we are in for a ride.  Heaven forbid the FDA effs us all over though
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck, putting money into SENS last month instead
Of more shares of $13 MVIS is making sense finally!
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Grabbed another 2000 shares of SENS.  waiting for this one to break above it's 52 wk high, then we will know we are in for a ride.  Heaven forbid the FDA effs us all over though
View Quote

What was the 52 week high - $5.xx? We really need it to blow thru $10.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]

What was the 52 week high - $5.xx? We really need it to blow thru $10.
View Quote

Ironically it is 5.56.  I see lots of calls with a $10 strike so there are a lot of hands on this one to create volatility - short interest appears to be about 19% so there is another factor..
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Ironically it is 5.56.  I see lots of calls with a $10 strike so there are a lot of hands on this one to create volatility - short interest appears to be about 19% so there is another factor..
View Quote

I see a lot of open interest (40,831) on $10 calls but only 79 traded.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#12]
Holy crap SENS!

Rolling calls making money tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Holy crap SENS!
View Quote

Looks like it spiked to almost $3.50 for a minute then settled down a little.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Was going to sell my small positions of SENS at a little loss and reinvest that into MVIS tonight. Glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

That volatility is what I'm after.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Within weeks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I have a few blocks left to sell calls on.  Might look to roll some of my Jan 21st $4 depending on premiums tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, I have a few blocks left to sell calls on.  Might look to roll some of my Jan 21st $4 depending on premiums tomorrow.
View Quote

I hope they are good.  

And this could be a buy the rumor sell the news sort of thing.  Where it gets a bigger bounce on this than the actual approval.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#20]

This is what I’m wondering.

We think of miles driven as roads.

Turf is the #2 crop in North America behind corn.

I’m not sure why I’m just realizing this now but once again it’s just another potential market.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

It's not just farmers either. Many landscaping manufacturers like Exmark and Toro have GPS zero turn mowers now. I still believe an operator needs to be on the stand on mower, but basically you set the GPS coordinates and it just goes. There's gotta be a use for lidar there to truly make the mowers operatorless.

This is what I’m wondering.

We think of miles driven as roads.

Turf is the #2 crop in North America behind corn.

I’m not sure why I’m just realizing this now but once again it’s just another potential market.

If theyer not using lidar, specifically mavis lidar, they’re liable to run over an innocent and beautiful endangered specis, or perhaps a neighbor kids just going for a walk about. All those spinning blades would kill it. Won’t someone think of the children?

Solution: everyone call your local politician and demand that every new mower and large piece of farm equipment has mavis lidar installed. (This is how billions are made, not through having the best product by by special interests and lobbying. So let’s start a grass roots lobbying campaign of our own!)

Disclosure: this whole post started out as sarcasm but Upon typing it I realize it’s more accurate than I intended.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Phasing made me think overdue because covid crap backlogged the FDA.  Maybe my Jan calls won't die worthless.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#22]
SENS, the only stock I own that is green.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.stocktitan.net/news/MVIS/micro-vision-announces-timing-change-of-webcast-on-january-5-944h4svwdt18.html

January 4, 2022 - 8:15 pm
REDMOND, WA / ACCESSWIRE / January 4, 2022 / MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS), a leader in MEMS based solid state automotive lidar and micro-display technology for augmented reality, has announced that the Company will conduct an Investment Community and Press Webcast on January 5, 2022 at 2:00pm PT. The Company's Investment Community Webcast and Press Conference Webcast, previously announced as separate webcasts, are combined into one webcast on January 5, 2022 at 2:00 PT.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I like this...they send one to the hospital, we send one to the morgue...

I didn't write it (believe it or not, I do make some pretense at being even-handed), but I wish I had.

Microvision Could Soar
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:01:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#26]
LINK TO MVIS WEBCAST 05 JANUARY @ 1700 (EASTERN)

I'm going to rest up for the festivities. I shall see all you fine gentleman there tomorrow. Goodnight and Goodluck.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
LINK TO MVIS WEBCAST 05 JANUARY @ 1700 (EASTERN)

I'm going to rest up for the festivities. I shall see all you fine gentleman there tomorrow. Goodnight and Goodluck.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AthleticSaneAztecant-size_restricted.gif
View Quote

thanks for the link

gone listen to it while on the Road

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#29]
More Hopium to help you sleep.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#30]

Sony Officially Reveals Car To Beat Tesla
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#31]
HOTH had some interesting news.  Went up 75% I think you’d find it interesting.  

Ford had a great day.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vaJv_WF8Q
View Quote

That's a nice looking vehicle.

Little tidbit I remember about Sony, they made the LiDAR for the iPhone 12.  This is a short-range LiDAR, and hopefully they leave the long-range technology implementation in MicroVision's hands where it belongs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:10:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#33]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Little tidbit I remember about Sony, they made the LiDAR for the iPhone 12.  This is a short-range LiDAR, and hopefully they leave the long-range technology implementation in MicroVision's hands where it belongs.
View Quote

In the image it says MVIS has delivered technology to sharp, Sony, Microsoft.

Microsoft and sharp yes we know. But I didn't think Sony? What have we done with Sony?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:11:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#34]

Microsoft and sharp yes we know. But I didn't think Sony? What have we done with Sony?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Well, Sony makes short-range LiDAR.  They don't make long-range LiDAR that I know of....  Think about that for a moment.

EDIT:  There's also the possibility of a VR/AR connection.  Sony already makes it for the Playstation, but the tech is evolving.  Hopefully we have some intellectual property they need to borrow.  So, there's that too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:

If theyer not using lidar, specifically mavis lidar, they're liable to run over an innocent and beautiful endangered specis, or perhaps a neighbor kids just going for a walk about. All those spinning blades would kill it. Won't someone think of the children?

Solution: everyone call your local politician and demand that every new mower and large piece of farm equipment has mavis lidar installed. (This is how billions are made, not through having the best product by by special interests and lobbying. So let's start a grass roots lobbying campaign of our own!)

Disclosure: this whole post started out as sarcasm but Upon typing it I realize it's more accurate than I intended.
View Quote

You work for StopSaw, don't you?  

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View All Quotes

If theyer not using lidar, specifically mavis lidar, they're liable to run over an innocent and beautiful endangered specis, or perhaps a neighbor kids just going for a walk about. All those spinning blades would kill it. Won't someone think of the children?

Solution: everyone call your local politician and demand that every new mower and large piece of farm equipment has mavis lidar installed. (This is how billions are made, not through having the best product by by special interests and lobbying. So let's start a grass roots lobbying campaign of our own!)

Disclosure: this whole post started out as sarcasm but Upon typing it I realize it's more accurate than I intended.

Sometimes you just gotta put your wiener on the line, it's worth it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:03:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By trackstar55:

Ford had a great day.
View Quote

Hasn't been this high since 2001. Wow. Imagine if you loaded up when it was $1 in 2009 or even $5 last year.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:32:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Just saw this while I’m sitting here with insomnia.

Hopium
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Just saw this while I’m sitting here with insomnia.

Hopium
View Quote

A little late, but we should forgive you.  It’s worth reposting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Is he a member here? Don’t recognize the name.

No, just followed this thread since almost the beginning and first got in at $1. Wish I had more than a few hundred to spend at the time but it’s something.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:18:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AesopsWildBoar] [#41]
By the way, picked up two shares of Block (SQ) over the last two days as it dipped a bit. Thought it might be an interesting crypto play

But most of my funds are tied up in sens and mrs. mavis herself. Waiting on big news for either
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Hasn't been this high since 2001. Wow. Imagine if you loaded up when it was $1 in 2009 or even $5 last year.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By trackstar55:

Ford had a great day.

The news on what they are supposed to be developing is what I find interesting.  Alzheimer’s treatment.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vaJv_WF8Q
View Quote

Those guys are a little behind getting into this with Elon pumping out 1,000,000 cars.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

i KNEW IT!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#47]
This is nice:

On January 4, 2022, Senseonics Compensation Committee granted 3 new non-executive employees non-qualified stock options to purchase an aggregate of 30,000 shares of the Company's common stock as an inducement for such employees to join the Company. The options have an exercise price of $2.68 per share, which was the closing price of the Company's common stock on the NYSE American on January 4, 2022.

In each case, 25% of the shares underlying the options will vest on the first anniversary of the employee's start date, with the remainder vesting in monthly installments over the subsequent three year period, in all cases contingent on such employee's continued service with the Company at the applicable vesting date.

Senseonics continues to work to bring its Eversense CGM System to more people with diabetes in the U.S. and other markets around the globe and drives to develop enhancements to the system.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Sony (SONY) became the latest big-name company to make a play in the electric vehicle market. According to the Financial Times, the electronics giant will create a new company to "explore entry" into the EV industry. Shares rose more than 4% on the news.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1699
Top Top