Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/12/2020 9:47:32 AM EDT
Please tell these women that fashion was horribly ugly for them.  No one liked high wasted mom jeans, oversized tortise shell glasses, converse shoes,  women's blazers, FUCKING SHOULDER PADS, all that shit.

It was the least sexy decade in our history, a blemish on our glorious past.  I get it, fashion recycles old ideas to appear retro or some shit, but for fucks sake... what's next?  Perms?  wtf.

My childhood is not worth appropriating, I promise.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Please tell these women that fashion was horribly ugly for them.  No one liked high wasted mom jeans, oversized tortise shell glasses, converse shoes,  women's blazers, FUCKING SHOULDER PADS, all that shit.

It was the least sexy decade in our history, a blemish on our glorious past.  I get it, fashion recycles old ideas to appear retro or some shit, but for fucks sake... what's next?  Perms?  wtf.

View Quote

You're wrong. It was the best decade. But I guess fashion would be more important to a chick.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Good morning
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're wrong. It was the best decade. But I guess fashion would be more important to a chick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, if by best you actually mean worst.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Hate to break it to you, but a lot of the ugly fashion for women is coming back.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good morning
View Quote
Good morning
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
The 80s were the best.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#8]
So much is wrong in your post, OP...
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Dat ass wrapped around my noodle sure hit the spot back then though.
Some of the 80’s puss was trying to outlive the legendary 70’s.  Fucking glorious times!
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
French cut panties and bikinis were hot as fuck.  Who cares about fucking shoulder pads?  Gay dudes.  That's who.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Shaven poontang is the best poontang.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
View Quote
With everything except women's fashion.  The least sexy decade
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
View Quote
Yeah, the 80's were pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Dat big hair tho.... HNNNNGGGGGGHHH!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You and I were certainly traveling in some very different circles in the 80's, apparently.  I was born in 1961 and I remember them very well.  The 80's ruled, and the ladies were hot and dressed to the max in style...
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 80s were the best.
a parent could give their 12yo kid a quarter, drop them at the mall, say "I'll pick you up in 6 hours," and nobody called the cops and Social Services over it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#18]
80s were rough but there were miniskirts (not micro like the 60s though), and leggings in the late 80s/early 90s. Plus the 90s had those gauzy amazing flippy little sundresses. I really wish those would come back.

OP nice try but you ultimately fail. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Edit: doubletap, site went wonky for a sec for me
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#20]
80's women fashion is when the chunky girls rebelled against the chicks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe it was like a scratch off ticket at times, but seeing puss hair before the commensurate duty was part of the fun.
Who doesn’t like fun?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Beta sewing circle post.  You have much to say about nothing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
This, the new ghostbusters, stranger things... 80s are coming back.  I don't mind the culture we had back then, but ugh were the girls horribly dressed.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say "bottom half" clothing should never come above the iliac crest.  Low rise all the things
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Sexy 80s women
In 1981, and having graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, Susanna Hoff (guitar, vocals; b. 1.17.57, Newport Beach, CA) places an ad in a local newspaper called The Recycler in which she states that she's into the Beatles, the Byrds and Buffalo Springfield -- and wants to start a band. She meets Vicki (guitar, vocals; b. 1.11.58, Los Angeles, CA)  and Debbie Peterson (drums, vocals; b. 8.22.61, Los Angeles, CA), sisters who performed together in the Fans (1979-80). The threesome hit it off and the Supersonic Bangs are born. Acquiring bass player Annette Zilinkas (bass, vocals; b. 11.6.64, Van Nuys, CA), they shorten their name to the Bangs and release their first single, "Getting Out Of Hand" on their own label, Downkiddie. Sales are disappointing...
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You and I were certainly traveling in some very different circles in the 80's, apparently.  I was born in 1961 and I remember them very well.  The 80's ruled, and the ladies were hot and dressed to the max in style...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually you bring up a very good point.  I was born in 1982, a child during this era of horribleness.

You may have like it because you were already an adult during this time, I hated it because now that this trend is brought back.. there's no attractiveness.  Didn't even notice titties till about 1994.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This, the new ghostbusters, stranger things... 80s are coming back.  
View Quote
Plagiarism, the now generation has pretty much lost any and all forms of creativity.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Nothing is perfect. The 80s were so awesome that we needed those ugly mom jeans and shoulder pads so people wouldn't overdose on awesomeness.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I dont see that as 80s, I see that as late 90s early 2000s trying to look 80s.  Case in point, jean shorts below the belly button.

This is 80s

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Wait till future generations look back on now.

Men wearing ear gages, shaving their heads skin bald while growing a huge beard, skinny jeans, boys and girls covered with ugly tats for life. And girls that will literally fuck anything like its shaking hands with a stranger. Almost all the people were fat fat fat....

This is the time for not only bad fashion but self mutilation which I don't recall any other generation doing in the past.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Born in 60, completely agree
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually you bring up a very good point.  I was born in 1982, a child during this era of horribleness.

You may have like it because you were already an adult during this time, I hated it because now that this trend is brought back.. there's no attractiveness.  Didn't even notice titties till about 1994.
View Quote
You were born in 82? I graduated high school and joined the Marines in 82. You know absolutely nothing about the 80's. All you experienced of the 80's is your toys, and your bicycle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#33]
It was the best era. The last decade where people actually spent time trying to make themselves look good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#34]
100% correct OP, the 80's were the worst for cars, fashion, women(style, make-up, hair), music and movies. I graduated in '89 and had a great time, but in comparison, the decades before and after were better for all those things I mentioned. Even at the time we knew the cars and pop music sucked ass.

The fascination with the 80's these days is annoying.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Big hair everywhere, up top and downstairs.  I was cool with it, because as a teen, I knew of nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You were born in 82? I graduated high school and joined the Marines in 82. You know absolutely nothing about the 80's. All you experienced of the 80's is your toys, and your bicycle.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
100% correct OP, the 80's were the worst for cars, fashion, women(style, make-up, hair), music and movies. I graduated in '89 and had a great time, but in comparison the decades before and after were better for all those things I mentioned. Even at the time we knew the cars and pop music sucked ass.

The fascination with the 80's these days is annoying.
View Quote
Holy cow, what upside down world did you live in? I graduated in 89 also and all those things were awesome. Plus, fat people were fewer and further between...
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#38]

This is my childhood in a picture.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
80's women fashion is when the chunky girls rebelled against the chicks.
View Quote
Rise of the agressive, dominant woman mystique. 'Sexist!!!' war cry. Carried by physically larger women that they could stand on an even footing with men in physical work and mortal combat. big push on the equality front.

(Belinda Carlisle made chunky girls sexy alright)
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you were slaying poon in your 20s back then, you have a sexual attraction to that era.  It was during your prime.  I was still playing with legos and watching gi joe.  No association.

Oddly enough, this trend may be a way for a 20 something to get a 60 year old sugar daddy

Hold onto your pension boomers haha
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you saying hordes of fat chicks with their hips flowing over the top of their huggers or sloshing about in tight yogas they think they have the same right to wear as some fit woman are more sexy than the flocks of beautiful women of the 80's?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#42]
When folks make comments about the 80's and women's style and fashion, I just show them this video; THAT was what the 80's looked like in the circles I was running in.  Still to this day have a thing for the lead singer, Janet Gardner...

Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol, sit down.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

I liked the 80s, so much I bought a 1989 car that I couldn’t afford back then, but can now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
lol, sit down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, sit down.
Yeah, OP is not qualified to talk crap about the 80s if he was busy playing with GI Joes and his peepee and not even ten yet.

Cripes, some of the worst crap that happened to/around me happened in the 80s and it was still a great decade...
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I was born in ‘79.  I loved and still love the ‘80s.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Bullshit. I learned how to jack it to 80s and esrly 90s women’s fashion. Them hi waist thongs....mmmm
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
(Belinda Carlisle made chunky girls sexy alright)
View Quote
Belinda developed an addiction to food, she's better now. My girlfriend in high school (I graduated 1979) certainly wasn't run-way model skinny but she didn't require 2 seats on a plane + everything on the menu either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#50]
So you old dudes actually liked high wasted mom jeans, oversized tortise shell glasses, converse shoes, women's blazers and shoulder pads?

Jeebus.  I dont know what to say.  They may as well wear a burka, shit does no one any favors

*deflatingpenisnoises
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top