Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 10/31/2015 2:58:01 PM EDT
Am I right?

8 years of Obama has gutted real coal mine jobs, oil pipeline jobs, etc...

"But I work at an Apple store, all is well in my world, Hillary is my vote..."

Crap
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
in the late 90's my teachers in high school said that the only jobs left in the US would be in the service and retail industry.

the only manufacturing that really happens in the US is large stuff and stuff that has to be custom fabricated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Never have seen so many retail tards in my life.

Folks used to work retail as a bar tender or something to save up some cash to get the hell out of that town and find something better.

18-25 years old find that concept scary now, in my humble opinion.

"Leave my friends? OMG"
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not their fault they have been lied to their entire lives.

They need to be educated.

One day they are going to wake up from this disillusioned slumber, and they are going to be mad as hell.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One day they are going to wake up from this disillusioned slumber, and they are going to be mad as hell.

View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How could anyone make enough money working retail?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

No they are voting a Bernie Sanders into office promising free shit so they can chill after a grueling 5 hr shift at Mens Warhorse and smoke a joint.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.
Pfffft. What are they gonna do, VOTE REPUBLICAN!?!??
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF is this thread about?

What's our fault again?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. One of my admittedly very small hopes in this world is that the Left has taught these kids to be "free thinkers" and one day the Millennials will see beyond the veil and realize they've been lied to their whole lives.

The reality is they probably won't. But it's a nice dream to have as I scrimp and save for my retirement bunker complex.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Am I right?

Crap
View Quote

NAFTA went into effect in 1994 and since then an estimated 700,000 manufacturing jobs have moved to Mexico. How many more jobs have moved to China, Vietnam, etc.? How many jobs have been lost to illegal immigrants? There's a lot of factors, Obama's EPA is one, but this started decades ago.

Unfortunately, $8/hr retail jobs are not the basis for an economy. The future is going to be interesting.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

They'll sulk and blog a little bit more than before

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Every kid I went to HS with was determined to make it in this world and all but 1 did.

None had a fantasy 'reality star' mindset either.

Fuck the 'you owe me Boomers' mindset.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Own the store.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Own the store.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Own the store.  

Very hard concept for millennials.

You heartless bastard
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

NAFTA went into effect in 1994 and since then an estimated 700,000 manufacturing jobs have moved to Mexico. How many more jobs have moved to China, Vietnam, etc.? How many jobs have been lost to illegal immigrants? There's a lot of factors, Obama's EPA is one, but this started decades ago.

Unfortunately, $8/hr retail jobs are not the basis for an economy. The future is going to be interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I right?

Crap

All those millennials were already fucking up America when they were only children?!

Damn you millennials!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh. I work for a biotech company. 20% of the scientists in my lab are evil Millenials.

ETA: I worked retail while I was in college. I wonder if old folks looked down on me as one of the "retail generation."
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

They cant.

In High School I worked in retail and I made $7.95 an hour. Top it off I was limited to 25-30 hours a week.

In college I took a business economics and labor course, the professor told us all a tale about her native Europe. Manufacturing had all but disappeared except for heavy industry like automobiles, aircraft and defense. Something like 65% of Europeans work in service, the balance are white collar management and government.

With that amount of people slinging coffee, beer and iphones, they get together and vote in leftists to raise their pay, and provide benefits. This is the natural progression of highly developed nations.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

in the late 90's my teachers in high school said that the only jobs left in the US would be in the service and retail industry.

the only manufacturing that really happens in the US is large stuff and stuff that has to be custom fabricated.
View Quote

Due to rising costs overseas, manufacturing is making a huge comeback and is only hampered by a lack of skilled workers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You heartless bastard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Own the store.  

You heartless bastard

Actually it's not. The Millennials are becoming known as the "entrepreneur generation" as well because a large percentage of them are forsaking working at offices for other people and opening their own places.

I think it's because they consider themselves so special that they don't like working for anyone, and think it'll be easier to have their own business. Also they may consider "blogger" to be entrepreneurship, so take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

WTF is this thread about?

What's our fault again?

View Quote

Pipe down sonny, the adults are talking.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They cant.

In High School I worked in retail and I made $7.95 an hour. Top it off I was limited to 25-30 hours a week.

In college I took a business economics and labor course, the professor told us all a tale about her native Europe. Manufacturing had all but disappeared except for heavy industry like automobiles, aircraft and defense. Something like 65% of Europeans work in service, the balance are white collar management and government.

With that amount of people slinging coffee, beer and iphones, they get together and vote in leftists to raise their pay, and provide benefits. This is the natural progression of highly developed nations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They cant.

Yep, and the natural order of things here.

If we go to war with China at some point though, do you really thing all the Target cashiers, Star Bucks flunkies are going to step up and fire a rifle in anger against them?

lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep. One of my admittedly very small hopes in this world is that the Left has taught these kids to be "free thinkers" and one day the Millennials will see beyond the veil and realize they've been lied to their whole lives.

The reality is they probably won't. But it's a nice dream to have as I scrimp and save for my retirement bunker complex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they haven't, everything about a millennial screams 1+1=3

This is the lie, they have been told all of these things as if it were truth, but if they had truly been taught how to think critically, they wouldn't be in such shitty mess.

Great example is college and student debt.

How long would it take someone with a critical mind to determine that a masters in art history for $250K has little to no chance to pay for itself, let alone provide for a comfortable life.

It's only after the fall, when the pain finally sets in, that will spur a response to the lies.

ETA;

To the contrary, they have been taught to believe all of it, not question it, and rabidly persecute those who do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

All those millennials were already fucking up America when they were only children?!

Damn you millennials!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I right?

Crap

Damn you millennials!

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is the lie, they have been told all of these things as if it were truth, but if they had truly been taught how to think critically, they wouldn't be in such shitty mess.

How long would it take someone with a critical mind to determine that a masters in art history for $250K has little to no chance to pay for itself, let alone provide for a comfortable life.

It's only after the fall, when the pain finally sets in, that will spur a response to the lies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, hence my "the reality is they probably won't..." comment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh look it's you bitching about millennials again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Actually it's not. The Millennials are becoming known as the "entrepreneur generation" as well because a large percentage of them are forsaking working at offices for other people and opening their own places.

I think it's because they consider themselves so special that they don't like working for anyone, and think it'll be easier to have their own business. Also they may consider "blogger" to be entrepreneurship, so take that for what it's worth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Own the store.  

You heartless bastard

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I right?

Crap

THIS
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"Leave my friends? OMG"
View Quote
It's because they grew up without families.  Their friends are their families.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would they awake from their slumber, the next iPhone is almost out! {and always will be....}
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

THIS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I right?

Crap

THIS

But isn't it more fun to grouse about "these damn kids today!"?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mad as hell, but they're so stupid that they'll be mad at all the wrong people.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why would they awake from their slumber, the next iPhone is almost out! {and always will be....}
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they will at some point be either living in a dumpster or starving to death.

And then comes the anger.

This world of money printing, credit creation, voting yourself raises, debt relief at the expense of the working classes, oligarchical ruling class, wall street untouchables, and so on.... it will eventually come to an end.

And it's not going to be a pretty thing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Leave my friends? OMG"

Whatever, still a fear to go make it on their own like other before them did.

Fuck the friends, make a name for yourself in the world or work at Starbucks with your friends....

I think movies from the 40s-60s showed heroes doing a different path.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just possible, but most likely.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a lot of that going around.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Burn.

Let's see if they get it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#37]
OP is full of shit, the problems are always someone else's fault.

I'll keep busting my ass designing high end appliances full time while building a furniture company on the side with a fellow Arfcomer.

designed and built by millinials, because capitalism and money
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, and I guess boomers are completely innocent in this whole mess we are in.

And yes, I know there are plenty of worthless mouth breathers in my generation. (late 20's)

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I right?

Crap

Damn you millennials!
http://cfhstigertimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/teens-cellphones.jpg

Look at all those future neck injuries.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#40]
All of us wanted to get out of town, far away from the parents, and make our own mark on life.

Went to NYC from Tampa and worked a strange world called Wall St, no friends going in.

Ohh, scary.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

some of us already did

luckily my AA is worth the money i spent  on it , i think
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Obama cannot be blamed for this entirely. He is just another in a long line..

The
gutting of the American economy and infrastructure, by the uprooting
and diverting of investment to other nations, even those like communist
China...has been going on for a long time, the H1 visa thing has been
going on for longer as well..

The damage is like that of economic warfare.

The millennials are the product of the generations that came before them, Americans have been fucking things up for the next generation of Americans for a long time.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ok, and I guess boomers are completely innocent in this whole mess we are in.

And yes, I know there are plenty of worthless mouth breathers in my generation. (late 20's)

View Quote

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are millenials and look how fucked up they are.

Boehner, Ryan, Obama, Holder, etc, etc.

All millenials.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Own the store.  

You heartless bastard

Twenty years ago you'd be considered a brave capitalist I'd you opened your own shop. Now you get called lazy.

You dummies don't make any sense.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whole lot of fucking irony in your post.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA;

To the contrary, they have been taught to believe all of it, not question it, and rabidly persecute those who do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA;

thank you gen X parents
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

OP is full of shit, the problems are always someone else's fault.

I'll keep busting my ass designing high end appliances full time while building a furniture company on the side with a fellow Arfcomer.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae52/762RUM/D2F95C52-8130-4C59-B865-8352C4D00A28_zpsxbnws4av.jpg

designed and built by millinials, because capitalism and money
View Quote

What's something like that run?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Am I right?

Crap
View Quote

i think you mean Service, we are doomed to be the service generarion
fixing things, providing things, making sure the old people get cared, and lots and lots of people that are gonna be stuck in the godforsaken food and auto repair.

im in auto repair, luckily my job is great
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

fixing things, providing things, making sure the old people get cared, and lots and lots of people that are gonna be stuck in the godforsaken food and auto repair.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I right?

Crap

And getting tapped up the ass is an extra bennie
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#50]
No. They are just at the age where they are buying a lot.

Coal mine jobs? Wth? Coal mines?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top