[#1]
I don't understand why we don't use CO
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nitrogen would work way better.  CO poisoning isn’t a pleasant death.  
Nitrogen you wouldn’t notice
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Been kind of wondering why this method is not widely used. I kill trapped raccoons with nitrogen and it's painless. They just go to sleep peacefully and never wake up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
"Couldn't" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep?

Or "wouldn" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep (permanently)?

At what point did the decision to stop poking veins got made?  At least 3 veins from the wrist to the elbow joint, but they couldn't hit a single one?

"Cruel and Unusual Punishment" being poked too many times for an IV now?  Gee I should sue the VA for the multiple times they stuck the shit out of my arm.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a toxic reactive chemical.  N2 is piss cheap and you just vent when done into thev78% N2 atmosphere.  

I suppose you could try to repurpose the N2 even, like to do ballons, but that seems a bit dark.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The government seizes more than sufficient amounts of fentanyl for an overdose.  They wouldn't even need to start an IV line...just fix up a way to blow a bunch of powdered fentanyl up his sinuses.  As fentanyl is a pain killer/opioid, he couldn't really say he fears pain from that method of execution.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Couldn't" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep?

Or "wouldn" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep (permanently)?

At what point did the decision to stop poking veins got made?  At least 3 veins from the wrist to the elbow joint, but they couldn't hit a single one?

"Cruel and Unusual Punishment" being poked too many times for an IV now?  Gee I should sue the VA for the multiple times they stuck the shit out of my arm.
View Quote

I'd buy 'couldn't.'  Haven't many/most state medical associations prohibited their member & licensees from participating in executions in that manner?  Then have some elderly, often former IV drug abusing, uncooperative death row inmate, and it may not be all that easy to set an IV.  

Considering Smith got to Death Row by beating and stabbing to death a pastor's wife, for hire, I am with you about not caring very much about Smith's suffering.  Hack his goddamned arms off at the elbow and shove the cannulas into the stumps for all I care.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Theres a recent case where an IV tech bungled it so bad he basically injected all the chemicals anywhere but into the vein. The resulting chemical burn made the offenders skin turn black and slough off. Took forever to kill him.  Missing veins in fat, diabetics or former junkies is a real thing. Some procedures they end up doing a cutdown. I dunno if its such a mess perhaps an alternative makes sense only from a procedural point of view.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

There’s a reason that the hospitals have an “IV team” and have ultrasound assisted IVs available.
It’s not that easy to do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it nitrogen that makes you have a deep sounding voice?

Could make your last statement pretty memorable
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#15]
The could send the marine from the NY subway.  No harmful chemicals involved.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Should just drill him for an IO and inject the drugs that way if they can’t get an IV
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Air is mostly nitrogen.  You're thinking oh sulfur hexaflouride.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sulfur Hexaflouride

But it would work the same way.

ETA:  Even helium will do it if you aren't careful.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I've done enough closed vessel training ,that coupled with the fact that we purged NG with Nitrogen made me very very careful.

I mean at least two separate atmospheric meters and a rescue rope tied to me with an observer who could yank me out if necessary.

I've been saying for years that nitrogen was the best agent for capital punishment.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Use Helium instead, it'd be funny as hell listening to his last words.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe they can stab him with a knife
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nitrogen would work way better.  CO poisoning isn’t a pleasant death.  
Nitrogen you wouldn’t notice
View Quote

I think you're thinking of CO2. You dont notice CO. You get drowsy and fall asleep. Nitrogen is over 70% of the gas in the atmosphere, very plentiful!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Bullet to the head or guillotine him.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s right!

Just imagine being like “goodbye cruel world!” While sounding like Bane from the Batman movies
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's a toxic reactive chemical.  N2 is piss cheap and you just vent when done into thev78% N2 atmosphere.  

I suppose you could try to repurpose the N2 even, like to do ballons, but that seems a bit dark.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's right!

Just imagine being like "goodbye cruel world!" While sounding like Bane from the Batman movies
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right!

Just imagine being like "goodbye cruel world!" While sounding like Bane from the Batman movies
That would make it cool.  Better to make them sound like Mickey Mouse.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
They should have a baked bean dinner where everyone after farts in a bag, and then put the bag over his head.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Why not just OD them on fentanyl?  They'd die high as a kite or never know.

Alternatively I would just keep an inmate on a bed with a guillotine.  When he falls asleep.............whammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why not just OD them on fentanyl?  They'd die high as a kite or never know.

Alternatively I would just keep an inmate on a bed with a guillotine.  When he falls asleep.............whammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Nitrogen will pretty much put them right to sleep and they die rapidly with little chance of issues. Pure nitrogen leaks in a contained area are killers, often of the initial victim and their would be rescuers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why not just repurpose some of the fentanyl its free and has been field tested with a 100k positive results a year
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#32]
It doesn't cause you to gasp for breath.   No signs or symptoms of discomfort you just lose consciousness then die.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#33]
GD has explained to me, that for a murderer, the comfortable method is the best method.  Bad GD.  Bad GD.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#34]
about fucking time.....that is possibly the most efficient, humane and effective process to put down death row inmates.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

after the G blade, you are still alive for a few seconds
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There’s a reason that the hospitals have an “IV team” and have ultrasound assisted IVs available.
It’s not that easy to do.
View Quote

IO needle.

This is the way....
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

helium/nitrous oxide blend for max lulz.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
GD has explained to me, that for a murderer, the comfortable method is the best method.  Bad GD.  Bad GD.
View Quote

Yep...if anyone ever wanted to commit medical suicide you just need to call up airgas or linde buy a bottle of N2, have them deliver it and then just hop in your car and open the valve....yeah I know you will need a regulator to connect to the valve.

Just make sure you lock the doors, and put a warning sign or text someone about all the n2 in the car.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have the guillotine as the grand finale after the pulse oximeter flat lines.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Guillotine uses gravity...
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

oui oui!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Worked with LN2 for many years, you wanted to be real careful with it.
Had a guy die filling a big thermos with it, when I worked in CA passed by a place where they had several deaths, cold nitrogen would settle at the bottom of the work pit and workers went in but never came out, guys tried to rescue them and they died too.
Out of curiosity one day I hooked an air pack mask up to house N2 and held it to my face, you notice nothing then a quick buzz, like if you ever got put under for surgery. Fine one second and then out.
They should have been doing this for years for executions.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Had a guy die filling a big thermos with it, when I worked in CA passed by a place where they had several deaths, cold nitrogen would settle at the bottom of the work pit and workers went in but never came out, guys tried to rescue them and they died too.
Out of curiosity one day I hooked an air pack mask up to house N2 and held it to my face, you notice nothing then a quick buzz, like if you ever got put under for surgery. Fine one second and then out.
View Quote

if you work at a place that has N2 around, they should really give you Oxygen detectors.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Helium would work too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's only 78% of the atmosphere.

Took them a while to figure it out...

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not untested. Plenty of rebreather divers have died from hypoxia. It's supposed to be a very comfortable way to go. Just fall asleep.
View Quote

That’s exactly what I was thinking (new rebreather diver).
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, too expensive and a fucking waste of good helium. Nitrogen has to be a helluva lot cheaper!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Stop at the welding shop on your way to work tomorrow.

I think I saw it in a veterinary handbook for dispatching animals after reading about the girl who shot the cat with a crossbow. Euthanasia with firearms is frowned upon. Put it in a trash can and drop a hose in it. Pretty sure argon would do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Potential hypercapnic reflex. Gagging/gasping. Not good for the viewing audience.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The government seizes more than sufficient amounts of fentanyl for an overdose.  They wouldn't even need to start an IV line...just fix up a way to blow a bunch of powdered fentanyl up his sinuses.  As fentanyl is a pain killer/opioid, he couldn't really say he fears pain from that method of execution.
View Quote

Now I'll go with this one right here. Makes too much sense to get any serious consideration though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top