Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be televised.  You know,  for science.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Just shoot him in the fucking head.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been kind of wondering why this method is not widely used. I kill trapped raccoons with nitrogen and it's painless. They just go to sleep peacefully and never wake up.
View Quote
You don't dunk them in the lake in front of your grandkids?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
About a million different ways to off someone, but leave it to the government to constantly wring their hands about it.  Just get some of the old mafia hitmen and have them do it.  A .22 behind the ear, no muss no fuss.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Potential hypercapnic reflex. Gagging/gasping. Not good for the viewing audience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why we don't use CO

Potential hypercapnic reflex. Gagging/gasping. Not good for the viewing audience.
Ehhh depends on the audience.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not death by drowning? Strap them to a chair at the bottom of a tank and fill it up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we can most likely agree that suicide is almost always* a tragic end and a foolish overreaction to a problem that could be probably overcome. With that said thousands and thousands of people around the world do choose to end their lives and the means or instruments chosen are often unimaginably painful or gratuitously destructive.

I can’t begin to appreciate the pain that people experience when a loved one commits suicide but I have to imagine that the survivors’ grief is intensified knowing that the decedent died horribly. I’m not a believer in open caskets and the viewing process but since almost every burial is preceded by a wake ceremony of one fashion or another I have to assume that many survivors are comforted by being able to see their loved ones one last time. I don’t understand how or why viewing someone’s dead body helps but apparently it does. Needless to say many of the common means of suicide do not leave remains that can be viewed by loved ones.

I can’t recall ever hearing or reading of someone killing themself with nitrogen. If it’s as easily available and as painless as many here claim, why isn’t it frequently used whether to minimize personal suffering or to lessen, even if only infinitesimally, the suffering of friends and family?

*I’m not dying of a horribly painful fatal illness, or living a horribly painful life or wasting away totally paralyzed with no hope of improvement, thank goodness. I don’t believe that I or anyone else has the right to deny a competent adult of the right to end his suffering and misery.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Way too much ceremony. Run over them with the prison bus. IDGAF how much it hurts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a toxic reactive chemical.  N2 is piss cheap and you just vent when done into thev78% N2 atmosphere.  

I suppose you could try to repurpose the N2 even, like to do ballons, but that seems a bit dark.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a toxic reactive chemical.  N2 is piss cheap and you just vent when done into thev78% N2 atmosphere.  

I suppose you could try to repurpose the N2 even, like to do ballons, but that seems a bit dark.

We allllllllll float down here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We allllllllll float down here.
View Quote

Read the book back in the late ‘80s and listening to “it” right now. According to Audible, I have twenty five hours to go.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think we can most likely agree that suicide is almost always* a tragic end and a foolish overreaction to a problem that could be probably overcome. With that said thousands and thousands of people around the world do choose to end their lives and the means or instruments chosen are often unimaginably painful or gratuitously destructive.

I can’t begin to appreciate the pain that people experience when a loved one commits suicide but I have to imagine that the survivors’ grief is intensified knowing that the decedent died horribly. I’m not a believer in open caskets and the viewing process but since almost every burial is preceded by a wake ceremony of one fashion or another I have to assume that many survivors are comforted by being able to see their loved ones one last time. I don’t understand how or why viewing someone’s dead body helps but apparently it does. Needless to say many of the common means of suicide do not leave remains that can be viewed by loved ones.

I can’t recall ever hearing or reading of someone killing themself with nitrogen. If it’s as easily available and as painless as many here claim, why isn’t it frequently used whether to minimize personal suffering or to lessen, even if only infinitesimally, the suffering of friends and family?

*I’m not dying of a horribly painful fatal illness, or living a horribly painful life or wasting away totally paralyzed with no hope of improvement, thank goodness. I don’t believe that I or anyone else has the right to deny a competent adult of the right to end his suffering and misery.
View Quote

Because it takes planning, suicides most of the time arent planned like that.
Plus when you get the tank, they are going to start charging rent and you dont want your family dealing with the return.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The could send the marine from the NY subway.  No harmful chemicals involved.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Winchester silvertip .30-30 is like a buck fiddy a shot...
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
They could just have him take the NY subway
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
GD has explained to me, that for a murderer, the comfortable method is the best method.  Bad GD.  Bad GD.
View Quote

Cruel and unusual punishment is forbidden in one of our founding documents, picking and choosing constitutional rights is a very leftist thing to do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why not just OD them on fentanyl?  They'd die high as a kite or never know.

Alternatively I would just keep an inmate on a bed with a guillotine.  When he falls asleep.............whammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

A fentanyl OD followed by a 10 minute swim would be easy and simple.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pretty sure argon would do the same thing.
View Quote

Yes, and it would be a much more noble way to go.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
This makes plenty of sense, which is why it took us, what, 100 years to figure it out?

Helium and Argon are wasted here, there's a limited supply and we need them for other things.  

We'll ALWAYS have plenty of N2, and its completely idiot proof.  All the executioner needs to do is open a valve on a tank.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Surprised no one is shouting NAZIS!!!!!!!1!!!! for even suggesting a nitrogen gas chamber.

It's been known as a painless, cheap, and fast method for over a hundred years. Why the blue fuck a concoction of drugs that costs thousands was chosen over N2, I have no idea. Probably because someone stood to make a quick buck off of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
All the retardation surrounding executions is truly comical.

It's like when the company that made one of the drugs for the lethal injection cocktail refused to sell it anymore. And people just vapor locked. Minds completely gone. "Well we can't do what we've always done? Then we can't do it at all!!" Insta moratorium on executions. People aren't hard to kill. There's quite literally a million ways to die. I don't care how big a tolerance you've built up, if you push a gram of fentanyl up someone's pipe they're gonna die. Hanging, oldie but Goldy. Nitrogen suffocation, used all over the country in animal shelters. Painless and non toxic ingredients required, unlike the cyanide gas chamber. Utah used the firing squad to great effect not long ago.

Just fucking commit to something people for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure argon would do the same thing.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stop at the welding shop on your way to work tomorrow.

I think I saw it in a veterinary handbook for dispatching animals after reading about the girl who shot the cat with a crossbow. Euthanasia with firearms is frowned upon. Put it in a trash can and drop a hose in it. Pretty sure argon would do the same thing.
View Quote

When my mom was a cancer researcher decades ago, her duties included killing the tumor-ridden rodents in a small tub with a splash of liquid nitrogen at the bottom. It would quickly evaporate and then the rats and mice could be dropped in.

When my hamster died the day before we left for Disney World, I was too excited to think about it at the moment, but it has raised a few questions in my mind since then.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why not death by drowning? Strap them to a chair at the bottom of a tank and fill it up.
View Quote

Because we are not the Taliban.... Kill them, make it quick and be done with it. It isn't some sick sport.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

iirc he has severe diabetes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Couldn't" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep?

Or "wouldn" start an IV line to administer the chemicals that would put him to sleep (permanently)?

At what point did the decision to stop poking veins got made?  At least 3 veins from the wrist to the elbow joint, but they couldn't hit a single one?

"Cruel and Unusual Punishment" being poked too many times for an IV now?  Gee I should sue the VA for the multiple times they stuck the shit out of my arm.

iirc he has severe diabetes.

IO takes 20 seconds.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Why don't we just use one of those big hydraulic stampers that crushed John Malkovich's head at the end of Con Air? Quick, painless, you don't stay conscious like the guillotine (which is a myth).
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Seems all so unnecessary.

A heavy ass blade on a track did the job for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Seems all so unnecessary.

A heavy ass blade on a track did the job for a long time.
View Quote

Messy.

People are squeamish pussies now.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Been kind of wondering why this method is not widely used. I kill trapped raccoons with nitrogen and it's painless. They just go to sleep peacefully and never wake up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are many reasons.

People aren’t as aware or it and it takes planning, many suicides are impulsive acts.  

Also even if you get it you have to administer it effectively, like put a bag around your head and have the gas flow into it purging any oxygen.  People do fail, here is a case study.  https://www.e-kmj.org/journal/view.php?number=2235

Hanging, guns, falls, trains, drugs are what we hear about, so that is what people do.  

Also it’s obvious some people want a family member to find them, they want it to hurt.

Some people actually think hanging is a quick clean way to go that preserves their visage, there was a study about it. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/the-british-journal-of-psychiatry/article/factors-influencing-the-decision-to-use-hanging-as-a-method-of-suicide-qualitative-study/EB259F432B70A1B4C71E1B842CC13347

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#31]
This is ridiculous.

What if he has been exposing himself to nitrogen at low levels to build up a tolerance and is now immune?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think you're thinking of CO2. You dont notice CO. You get drowsy and fall asleep. Nitrogen is over 70% of the gas in the atmosphere, very plentiful!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nitrogen would work way better.  CO poisoning isn’t a pleasant death.  
Nitrogen you wouldn’t notice

I think you're thinking of CO2. You dont notice CO. You get drowsy and fall asleep. Nitrogen is over 70% of the gas in the atmosphere, very plentiful!

One of the first signs of CO is a headache.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

IO needle.

This is the way....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s a reason that the hospitals have an “IV team” and have ultrasound assisted IVs available.
It’s not that easy to do.

IO needle.

This is the way....

I love my IO.  
“I’m gonna fix ya!” (Taps trigger on drill”
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice joke.   I sees it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Lethal injection drug suppliers are starting to balk and not sell to state corrections for the procedure. Nitrogen can be easily procured.

It's a superior method of execution, and it will start to be seen that way after this.

That said, I'm starting to sour on the death penalty. I do not trust the state.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They should have a baked bean dinner where everyone after farts in a bag, and then put the bag over his head.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Because we are not the Taliban.... Kill them, make it quick and be done with it. It isn't some sick sport.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said anything about sport? Drowning would be free and painless.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can confirm
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I/O ftw
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Who said anything about sport? Drowning would be free and painless.
View Quote

Pretty sure it's not painless. Simulated drowning is form of torture. I dont think that would pass Constitutional muster.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Surprised no one is shouting NAZIS!!!!!!!1!!!! for even suggesting a nitrogen gas chamber.

It's been known as a painless, cheap, and fast method for over a hundred years. Why the blue fuck a concoction of drugs that costs thousands was chosen over N2, I have no idea. Probably because someone stood to make a quick buck off of it.
View Quote

Money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Death by Red Ryder BB gun? Just have 12 dudes plink randomly until he's a pile of strawberry jam?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The could send the marine from the NY subway.  No harmful chemicals involved.  
View Quote
 Oohrah.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Dead is fucking dead

hope the door doesnt hit em in the ass on the way out!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Letting him off way too easy.

My suggestion has always been transport the shit stain in a boat to a suitable location off shore then anchor and chum for sharks all while the shit stain is made to watch. Then, at the height of the feeding frenzy, toss the shit stain in and sail away.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
GD has explained to me, that for a murderer, the comfortable method is the best method.  Bad GD.  Bad GD.
View Quote

I suppose they could use liquid nitrogen.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

.22LR
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just shoot him in the fucking head.
View Quote

If you use a big enough bullet you don't need to have a funeral.
What Happens If A Tank Shoots Directly at a Human (Point Blank)
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Can confirm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can confirm

Me too
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top