Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Hear, hear!

This is unfinished business as far as I'm concerned. They've pulled a lot of shit over the last century, and they've had this ass whippin coming for a long time.

I pissed on the wall when I was stationed in Berlin, I hope my health holds out long enough so that I can travel to Ukraine, and stand at the border and piss on russia.

If our military is so fucked that we can't give weapons to Ukraine to continue their fight against russia thereby pinning them in place, while we use the full force of our military kick the shit out of the Chinese, the "people who know better" will have proven they don't know better, and we need to hold them accountable for their undermining of the U.S. military.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Et2ss:
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Yeah it's pathetic. It's basically Biden derangement syndrome on the same scale as liberals had Trump derangement syndrome when he was in office.  I wouldn't go so far as vote for a Democrat over a Republican over views on Ukraine, but I won't vote for either and stay home.  I'm not going to vote for a pro Russia Republican at all. I'll save the trip to the polls.

Russia, Russia, Russia.gif

Whenever I see someone say "Russia Russia Russia" now it just tells me they really haven't looked into the issue at hand all that much.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/1663593267961918-2570251.jpg

Proving the point.

There is a lot us who just don’t see it’s in the best internet of the US to do our current course of action.  

It may also  surprise you but some of us have access to more information on the conflict than many of those claiming everything is Russian propaganda.

1) which course of action?  
2) what, our government is lying to us, and people who know better can’t say?  situation normal…

The drawn down of significant portions of systems that are planned to be in service for decade, when the on hand numbers prior to the drawdown were considered inadequate but what we could afford. The reduction and repurposing of current year dollars and ammunition from US forces for both training, readiness and capability development  to facilitate UKR efforts to name a few.  

Fair.

The industrial base is under resourced, the force needs to be recapitalized, and supplemental funding is needed. We need to build up our forces and capabilities.

Even more so if we are going to do anything other than just talk about pacing challenges and complain about lack of meaningful investment and spend to field, operate, and sustain sufficient capabilities for the next war/this war.

Hopefully that translates into reality through the budget and appropriations process.

With that said, the elephant in the room still hasn’t been addressed. What alternative COAs could be taken re: Russia and Ukraine?

Why is it our war?  People will throw out, the red herring of chamberlain and appeasement.  But they base that on the belief they have knowledge that hypothetically effect of early intervention would have made things better or that the end results would turned out better for the US and the world.  

That and once we realized that they could not even fight their way  or even  logistical support themselves on a couple hundred mile assault into Ukraine that they were not  actually a conventional threat to anyone.

Because Russia is our enemy. Full stop.

They have seized every opportunity to undermine and degrade us for the last 100 years and, very possibly taken us internally to the breaking point. This is one of the best opportunities we've had to strike back and it would be foolish not to seize it.

Their conventional forces are far from the sole source of their threat. Using that as the sole metric to gauge the danger they pose to us is extremely myopic.

Hear, hear!

This is unfinished business as far as I'm concerned. They've pulled a lot of shit over the last century, and they've had this ass whippin coming for a long time.

I pissed on the wall when I was stationed in Berlin, I hope my health holds out long enough so that I can travel to Ukraine, and stand at the border and piss on russia.

If our military is so fucked that we can't give weapons to Ukraine to continue their fight against russia thereby pinning them in place, while we use the full force of our military kick the shit out of the Chinese, the "people who know better" will have proven they don't know better, and we need to hold them accountable for their undermining of the U.S. military.

You’re the grandfather and great uncles I didn’t have long since they were wwii generation. I picture them when I read your messages actually my buddy’s dad has similar stories when stationed in Germany in the 80’s too.

Hope your health hangs in there- you’re a national treasure too man!
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Pardon me.....

Any nukes launched yet

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What are the chances that once Ukraine forces get to Nova Kahkova (sp) they cross over to the left bank, bypassing urban Kherson completely, and pour out like they did around Kharkiv and liberate/surround a whole bunch of Russians/towns/materiel?

Also, I really want to know why the English spelling of Kherson has a K in it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
What are the chances that once Ukraine forces get to Nova Kahkova (sp) they cross over to the left bank, bypassing urban Kherson completely, and pour out like they did around Kharkiv and liberate/surround a whole bunch of Russians/towns/materiel?

View Quote

Kh is a Latin alphabet attempt to show the sound that is used as I understand it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Kh is a Latin alphabet attempt to show the sound that is used as I understand it.
View All Quotes

But the K is silent, yes? Isn't it pronounced Herson?
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
People don't think the Cyrillic alphabet be like it is, but it do.
View Quote

I will never forget my feeling of triumph in 1995 Russia when I desperately needed to find an elevator and carefully transliterated "lambda - I - phi - T" into "THAT'S IT!" and immediately realized that all those Russian language tapes probably hadn't helped me as much as being in a college fraternity.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]

I would not talk in absolutes because there are people on this site who do just that.
View All Quotes

Yeah it's pathetic. It's basically Biden derangement syndrome on the same scale as liberals had Trump derangement syndrome when he was in office.  I wouldn't go so far as vote for a Democrat over a Republican over views on Ukraine, but I won't vote for either and stay home.  I'm not going to vote for a pro Russia Republican at all. I'll save the trip to the polls.

Whenever I see someone say "Russia Russia Russia" now it just tells me they really haven't looked into the issue at hand all that much.

Proving the point.

There is a lot us who just don't see it's in the best internet of the US to do our current course of action.  

It may also  surprise you but some of us have access to more information on the conflict than many of those claiming everything is Russian propaganda.

Nobody is claiming everything is Russian propaganda, but it's well established that Russia has been targeting both the right and the left for years.
I posted a good study on it a while back.

I would not talk in absolutes because there are people on this site who do just that.

I honestly have tons of respect for all of you guys that participate in good faith in this thread - R0N you are definitely included in that number.

From my point of view though even if half of the money is going to fund tranny reading times in Kyiv and 10% is being directly deposited in Biden's 401K, the money is still well spent if it crushes Russia. You know, the other geopolitical opponent other than China that we've built all of this shit to beat down.  The weapons are being used for the reasons that they were built for and I'm cool with that.

If it costs 50X as much it's still the bargain of the millennium.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

My concern is won't stop at the degradation of their conventional forces but a fall of the state, leading to a scramble for control their strategic weapons.
Give them to Ukraine and Ukraine will sign a treaty guaranteeing to uphold Russia's sovereignty.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1587095316660-489.gif

I like your style.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Many of the myths debunked are debunked by opinions and not actual facts.
View All Quotes

Awesome, clear and concise. Some info there I hadn't seen before.

Many of the myths debunked are debunked by opinions and not actual facts.

Many of the "myths" they list are simply opinions as well. Using opinion to counter opinion is acceptable. They point directly to sources for some of their arguments debunking some of the myths. Clear and concise is certainly true even if some of their commentary is opinion.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]

My concern is won’t stop at the degradation of their conventional forces but a fall of the state, leading to a scramble for control their strategic weapons.
View All Quotes

Why is it our war?  People will throw out, the red herring of chamberlain and appeasement.  But they base that on the belief they have knowledge that hypothetically effect of early intervention would have made things better or that the end results would turned out better for the US and the world.  

That and once we realized that they could not even fight their way  or even  logistical support themselves on a couple hundred mile assault into Ukraine that they were not  actually a conventional threat to anyone.

The degredation of Russian conventional forces will require a realignment of their resources away from strategic forces and their funding of foreign espionage, sabotage and IO programs.

My concern is won’t stop at the degradation of their conventional forces but a fall of the state, leading to a scramble for control their strategic weapons.

There was that exact same concern when the Soviet Union collapsed. The same due diligence on the part of the world leaders (mostly us) will be required.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#11]

But the K is silent, yes? Isn't it pronounced Herson?
View Quote

Yes. But because of the K it’s not pronounced Her-Son. It’s hard to spell it out because there’s no English equivalent for Kh . Best way I can put it is Hair-Sone(said with your best Eastern European accent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:08:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#12]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Yes. But because of the K it’s not pronounced Her-Son. It’s hard to spell it out because there’s no English equivalent for Kh . Best way I can put it is Hair-Sone(said with your best Eastern European accent.
View Quote

Some of the OSINT accounts I follow are in Spanish and they use the J phoneme. Which is the English h
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Some of the OSINT accounts I follow are in Spanish and they use the J phoneme
View Quote

oh ya forgot about using J like in Jalapeño. Jerson lol.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Isn’t it ironic? Mongolia was the home country of the Mongols. Yet Mongolia is nothing like Russia. A toxic cocktail of a human being was created when they settled down in Russia and mixed with the locals.
View All Quotes

Isn’t it ironic? Mongolia was the home country of the Mongols. Yet Mongolia is nothing like Russia. A toxic cocktail of a human being was created when they settled down in Russia and mixed with the locals.

Are you arguing that it’s genetics that causes Russians to commit such acts of brutality?

Because that’s what it sounds like… just imagine if the above post was posted but in relation to Africans as a result of their invasion by the Moslems.

Perhaps a quote by a person uniquely exposed to the brutality of man, and Russian men at that, is a good idea here.

”It was granted me to carry away from my prison years on my bent back, which nearly broke beneath its load, this essential experience; how a human being becomes good, and how they become evil. In the intoxication of youthful successes I had felt myself to be infallible and I was therefore cruel. In the abundance of power, I was a murderer and an oppressor. In my most evil moments I was convinced that I was doing good and I was well supplied with systematic arguments, and it was only when I lay there, on rotting prison straw, that I sensed within myself the first stirrings of good. Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts inside us, it oscillates with years and even in hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained. And even in the best of all hearts, there remains an un-uprooted, small corner of evil…If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

The sooner people come to terms with the fact that every person including themselves is capable of committing the evil around the world today and in history, the sooner people can begin equipping themselves to overcome it within both themselves and from others.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#15]
English H is a voiced sound, Х (Kh) is a throat sound.   To teach it, my Russian tutor explained it as the sound you make when you’re are clearing your throat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#17]

The Russians are only threat to forces that cannot fight.  

They demonstrated their 1st echelon units cannot conduct synchronized combined arms operations, much less any of their cat B or lower units.  Their Air Force is unable to conduct large scale operations.  That they lack the logistics support to conduct operations a few hundred miles beyond their boarder.  They cannot use fires or SOF to shape the battle space.  The cannot conduct maritime operations

How are they a threat again ?
View Quote

I’m not as negative as 87% of everyone else in GD on Russian .mil  excluding their surface naval and their Air Force extremely poor showing but more importantly I think their chief failures stem at the senior planner and decision maker levels. A good leader can accomplish goals despite deficiencies in those they lead. While a shit leader can doom an outstanding force imo. The root cause of Russia’s incompetence whether discipline; rapes, looting or combined arms etc. is leadership. Russia has dog shit leadership imo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:57:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#18]
Originally Posted By PraesidiumFabrica:

Are you arguing that it’s genetics that causes Russians to commit such acts of brutality?

Because that’s what it sounds like… just imagine if the above post was posted but in relation to Africans as a result of their invasion by the Moslems.

Perhaps a quote by a person uniquely exposed to the brutality of man, and Russian men at that, is a good idea here.

The sooner people come to terms with the fact that every person including themselves is capable of committing the evil around the world today and in history, the sooner people can begin equipping themselves to overcome it within both themselves and from others.
View Quote

Culture of deceit treachery and corruption has been carried through over generations. Not every Russian is like that. But the ones that are, are unique in their barbarism. Unless you’re a Ukrainian(or one of the other ethnicities affected by their vicious pursuit of domination), then I don’t expect you to understand. We can start by discussing the Holodomor, but that would be an entirely new thread…
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Check out (or maybe don't give 'em a click) Scott Ritters semi-meltdown with Judge Napolitano.

I means even if you are pro Russia tard just making up insane claims about how wel Russia is doing isn't actually helping your cause.

May that shit be remembered like Lord Haw haw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvGUUFdIHds
View Quote

The weekly Col McGregor are even more cringe
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:17:35 AM EDT
[#20]

They’re mongoloids. It’s a proven fact. And that culture of deceit treachery and corruption has been carried through over generations. Not every Russian is like that. But the ones that are, are unique in their barbarism. Unless you’re a Ukrainian(or one of the other ethnicities affected by their vicious pursuit of domination), then I don’t expect you to understand. We can start by discussing the Holodomor, but that would be an entirely new thread…
View Quote

In one sentence you call them mongoloids, a genetic term and in the next you say it’s a culture.

Do you believe Russians are subhuman, lesser than, or brutal and evil because of genetics yes or no
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 4:19:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Lame. They must have left out the numbers from Kherson.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]

https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-joe-biden-angela-merkel-us-germany-transatlantic-relationship/

After catching me up on the latest in our home state of Arizona, McCain turned to another of his passions: Europe. The senator had just returned from a swing through the Balkans (spending time in one of Tito’s hunting lodges, among other places) and he was worried that neither Washington nor the Europeans were paying enough attention to the security situation there and the broader region, especially regarding the threat posed by Russia. What about the Germans, I asked, knowing how frustrated McCain had been with Berlin’s stance on Russia over the years. (In 2015, McCain, enraged over Berlin’s refusal to help arm Ukraine, said Angela Merkel’s course reminded him of “the policies of the 1930s,” a reference to the U.K.’s ill-fated appeasement strategy towards Hitler).

McCain, who never abandoned the vernacular of his fighter-pilot days, cracked a mischievous smile.

“The fucking Germans,” he laughed. “What is there to say?”
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#24]

That's the slowest day in weeks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#25]

In one sentence you call them mongoloids, a genetic term and in the next you say it’s a culture.

Do you believe Russians are subhuman, lesser than, or brutal and evil because of genetics yes or no
View All Quotes

They’re mongoloids. It’s a proven fact. And that culture of deceit treachery and corruption has been carried through over generations. Not every Russian is like that. But the ones that are, are unique in their barbarism. Unless you’re a Ukrainian(or one of the other ethnicities affected by their vicious pursuit of domination), then I don’t expect you to understand. We can start by discussing the Holodomor, but that would be an entirely new thread…

I don’t want to interject… but I would like to head off what might become an argument in the thread over race and possibly derail things.  

Perhaps it’s best we simply all agree, or at least acknowledge, that Russia is a HUGE country with diverse people across it.  Genetics set aside, let’s say a prevailing culture has been fostered through history and communism, that seems to devalue empathy and accept violent acts that most of us find abhorrent.

Can we do that?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:03:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog15] [#26]

I hope in 10-20 years, all of you can say “I told you so” because I am wrong but to quote President Obama, don’t underestimate Joes ability to fuck things up.
View Quote

Well, that's the thing.  What Joe is doing is a MONUMENTAL fuck up.  But it is fucking his own side, and he doesn't even understand that.  

Most movements of the left over the years are the direct or indirect result of Russian influence.  The left's efforts to dismantle the US brick by brick are largely undertaken with philosophies that have their roots in Russia.

Obama was right.  Joe IS fucking it up, and it is a beautiful thing.  IMHO

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By vahog:

My wife is convinced that Wagner gets paid a huge bonus if Bakhmut falls no matter what else happens, and I can't find any flaw in her logic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I thought Wagner got paid big bonuses according to the amount of ground they took as one factor.  There is a promised regular pay, but seems as if many aren't getting it during this war.

My wife is convinced that Wagner gets paid a huge bonus if Bakhmut falls no matter what else happens, and I can't find any flaw in her logic.

There’s an internal power struggle in Russia right now and Wagner achieving a victory while the regular Russian army is getting rolled would be huge victory for Prigozhin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View All Quotes

I guess makes sense when following the discussions of this thread last two days. Almost zero news.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Have any not worked?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Every ATGM in the Western world is getting a chance.
Have any not worked?

I think you know this already.

No, all have worked, but anecdotally,

- one video from an urban area (from an upper floor of a building) showed an NLAW fired downward onto a Russian T72; it struck the turret but did not “appear” to disable the tank as usual.  Looks like the operator we too close to the tank (operator error) and the warhead may not have armed/detonated.

- one Russian video showed Russians trying to use a Stugna-P on a Ukr truck.  They missed. Operator error.

Not every ATGM launch is filmed.  So there is no way to know.

Every system I’ve seen (there are a half dozen or so) has scored destructions of the T72 and other Russian tanks. I doubt the “Armata” would be any better against modern, western ATGMs.

But we will probably never know since the Russians can’t make more than a handful.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

- one video from an urban area (from an upper floor of a building) showed an NLAW fired downward onto a Russian T72; it struck the turret but did not “appear” to disable the tank as usual.  Looks like the operator we too close to the tank (operator error) and the warhead may not have armed/detonated.

- one Russian video showed Russians trying to use a Stugna-P on a Ukr truck.  They missed. Operator error.

Every system I’ve seen (there are a half dozen or so) has scored destructions of the T72 and other Russian tanks. I doubt the “Armata” would be any better against modern, western ATGMs.

But we will probably never know since the Russians can’t make more than a handful.
View All Quotes

Have any not worked?

My comment was about getting "a chance" to participate, not to imply they weren't working.  As the conflict has gone on, the UA is receiving all sorts of ATGMs.  

Some newer designs, some older designs.  But they all seem to be working within their operational parameters.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Family secretly film life in Russian-occupied Ukraine - BBC News

Family in Kherson films life under occupation.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#32]
What would happen if we lost the war?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I guess makes sense when following the discussions of this thread last two days. Almost zero news.
View Quote
Instant replay of World War I, just with lower casualties.

We're used to advances of dozens of miles a day with only a few casualties.

I see the maps where "Massive Advances" take place and see advances very reminiscent of those of World War I.  Farmland here, village there, a single tank over yonder.....Really, no serious advances.
There was Major advances at the beginning of World War I followed by years of stalemate.  Except for the major casualties suffered by both sides and the obvious technological advances, The Ukrainian War looks to me to be a somewhat rehashed World War I.

BTW: Personally, I wonder what it would take Finland (and Friends) to repudiate the Moscow Peace Treaty of 1940.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#34]
At 8 am, Russian missile troops attacked the territory of the Kommunar plant in Kharkov. On our tip, shop 12 was struck, where the components of the Neptune anti-ship systems were assembled. Inside the workshop there were 18 missiles, which were planned to be sent to the Motor Sich plant in Zaporozhye to be equipped with a warhead. The western wing of the workshop was completely destroyed by two missile strikes: only the walls remained, the interior was demolished. Coordinates: 50.03395652803163, 36.28423715397389 #Russia #Kharkiv #Ukraine @rybar
https://t.me/rybar/40472

As a result of the morning attacks of the occupiers on Kharkiv, 5 people were injured. There is destruction of industrial infrastructure. All specialized services work on the ground. Information is being added.
https://t.me/synegubov

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#35]

One of the advantages for the US in supporting this war is the munitions factories were naked emperors, and there is a bipartisan consensus on fixing that. We may have a crunch for a few years, but we will come out of this much stronger.
View All Quotes

Fair.

The industrial base is under resourced, the force needs to be recapitalized, and supplemental funding is needed. We need to build up our forces and capabilities.

Even more so if we are going to do anything other than just talk about pacing challenges and complain about lack of meaningful investment and spend to field, operate, and sustain sufficient capabilities for the next war/this war.

Hopefully that translates into reality through the budget and appropriations process.

With that said, the elephant in the room still hasn’t been addressed. What alternative COAs could be taken re: Russia and Ukraine?

One of the advantages for the US in supporting this war is the munitions factories were naked emperors, and there is a bipartisan consensus on fixing that. We may have a crunch for a few years, but we will come out of this much stronger.

Yup. This could be the 'soft crisis' that spurs improvements in our armories / arms factories.

Some indication its spurring a boost in stockpiling:

https://www.militarytimes.com/congress/2022/10/17/lawmakers-seek-emergency-powers-for-pentagons-ukraine-war-contracting/

“This is an effort to speed up contracting,” said Mark Cancian, a defense budget analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “We’ve been hearing from industry, when we talk to them about this issue, that they want to see a demand signal. DoD has been saying the right things but they haven’t been providing that demand signal. And when you look at the amount of money actually obligated, it’s very low.”

One aim of the amendment is to signal to the defense industry that it’s time to restart or to re-energize dormant supply lines. Lockheed CEO Jim Taiclet said during a July earnings call that the Pentagon had yet to put the contracts in place or coordinate with industry to buy more supplies, a process that could take two to three years. “And I can tell you the clutch isn’t engaged yet,” Taiclet said.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AuNate:

The best use of my tax $ I could hope for, killing Russians. Also, be aware of the whataboutism's....but what about China and we won't have any weapons left to fight. China is looking at all their Russian hardware and adding another 50 years to their 100 year plan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AuNate:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

But let's keep in mind what the real purpose of those systems was. It wasn't to just sit around in a warehouse collecting dust.

I'd argue those systems are being used exactly what they were intended for, it's just not us having to use them, so what does it really ultimately matter?

The best use of my tax $ I could hope for, killing Russians. Also, be aware of the whataboutism's....but what about China and we won't have any weapons left to fight. China is looking at all their Russian hardware and adding another 50 years to their 100 year plan.

India is looking at their own Russian hardware and thinking the same thing I suspect. Both sides, armed with the same shitty and ineffective hardware, are probably saying "oh fuck, this shit doesn't really work. Now what?"

I can't decide if that's a stabilizing or destabilizing notion.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Proving the point.

There is a lot us who just don’t see it’s in the best internet of the US to do our current course of action.  

1) which course of action?  
2) what, our government is lying to us, and people who know better can’t say?  situation normal…

The drawn down of significant portions of systems that are planned to be in service for decade, when the on hand numbers prior to the drawdown were considered inadequate but what we could afford. The reduction and repurposing of current year dollars and ammunition from US forces for both training, readiness and capability development  to facilitate UKR efforts to name a few.  

Fair.

It's a chance to kneecap Russia for decades to come, and prevent them from re-emerging as a threat to eastern NATO members, or a be a regional / global bad actor (Syria, possibly teeming with China in some future conflict.)

Plus it's a chance to possibly show China the folly of an invasion of Taiwan.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Have any not worked?

Has there been video of the Milan in action?  Does Ukraine field those?  Not sure I’ve seen any, but curious.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Luhansk zo v-park Sovietanska 🍁October 2022🍁

Popasna
https://www.tiktok.com/@magik_65/video/7156901962833775878?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

Bakhmut

Zaporizhzhia

Kherson
The Americans purposefully hit the Antonovsky Bridge when journalists were there. Among the dead is Oleg Klokov, director of Tavria TV and Radio Company. Ruslan Voskresensky, operator of the Tavria TV and radio company, and correspondent Konstantin Mochar, as well as journalist Vlada Lugovskaya, were seriously injured. During the missile attack, Vlada's grandfather died. Journalists were killed by American missiles. #Stremousov #Russia #Putin #Kherson #Stalin #Don't Quit Our Own
https://t.me/Stremousov_Kirill/562

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:40:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#40]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:43:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]
https://vk.com/wall-79384892_90480
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I thought Wagner got paid big bonuses according to the amount of ground they took as one factor.  There is a promised regular pay, but seems as if many aren't getting it during this war.

There was an article posted alitle bit back that WAGNER does get bonuses for each kilometer they take so...ya she's right
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I don't think it's ever been that low..100??
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:49:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#45]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:51:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#46]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#47]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

us officials also said Kyiv would fall in like 87 hours, I guess we'll see what happens
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

The weekly Col McGregor are even more cringe
View Quote

Why the right is associating with a convicted child sex offender absolutely blows my mind.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5590
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top