Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2022 6:13:21 PM EDT
Spun off of the big Ukraine-Russia war thread.

In that thread, several long term members (not calling anyone out at all) said that support for Ukraine was the single and only issue they would vote for this year. They expressed frustration with Republicans who wanted "more oversight" over Ukraine funding.

With that being said, there were claims that all the other issues were not a big deal, propaganda, etc. In fact, it was claimed Democrats would get member votes if they were more "pro Ukraine" than their Republican opponents.

If you feel so, you would therefore definitely vote for this candidate:

And against this one:

I have no problem with the nation of Ukraine defending itself. However making purity of "support for Ukraine" the "single issue" type voting on is a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
In that thread, several long term members (not calling anyone out at all) said that support for Ukraine was the single and only issue they would vote for this year. They expressed frustration with Republicans who wanted "more oversight" over Ukraine funding.

I'll call them out. They're fools if they're voting ONLY for support of Ukraine and that's their only voting issue.

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Scott Wiener is a pedophile.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m all for the Ukraine whooping Russian ass, having said that, anyone that would put another countries security over our own is not thinking clearly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll call them out. They're fools if they're voting ONLY for support of Ukraine and that's their only voting issue.

View Quote

Go ahead.  Call them out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

With that being said, there were claims that all the other issues were not a big deal, propaganda, etc. In fact, it was claimed Democrats would get member votes if they were more "pro Ukraine" than their Republican opponents.

If you feel so, you would therefore definitely vote for this candidate:

And against this one:

I have no problem with the nation of Ukraine defending itself. However making purity of "support for Ukraine" the "single issue" type voting on is a terrible idea.
View Quote

What a weiner
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Post 1000 bro..

Edit: Economy should be number one with most voters, money equals strength, period.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Single issue voting over a war half a world away between two third world nations is pretty retarded
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't have user name's. I also am not that emotionally committed as they are. Some of them who show in EVERY thread and post like it's their mom getting attacked.

I hope and pray Ukraine lays waste to Russia and Putin. I also wish your and I's tax money wasn't an open checkbook to a country that is known to be so corrupt.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone who votes Dem because of Ukraine is dumber then a bag of dog shit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Ukraine was bait.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Single issue voting over a war half a world away between two third world nations is pretty retarded
View Quote

Agree and it is pretty crazy to think that the dem candidates are not using support as only a talking point.   It's interesting though that whomever is running the Whitehouse is so hawkish on Ukraine. I think its the right play and that is where the conflict arises for many here.

You still see people spouting well the invasion is all biden's fault He is feckless and it wouldn't have happened under Trump.  Which I dunno is the case. Trump was unpredictable but I don't think he would have supported Ukraine to the extent that Biden has.

It just boils down to a couple things. Wars cost money and R's are going to pretend to be fiscally conservative and ballyhoo about spending while still running up massive debt. They are tone deaf. We are all in this war and being a terrible ally by shutting support down now is retarded. But it must play to some voters so here we are.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck Ukraine & Russia.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#15]
It's not the only issue that matters to me, but I'll definitely be scrutinizing GOP candidates' stances on Ukraine and foreign policy pretty closely. If it comes down to a neo-isolationist GOP candidate and a Democrat, I'll just abstain from voting. I'm not voting for someone who is stupid enough to think that ending the present destruction of our number 2 geopolitical opponent and withdrawing from the world will have a good outcome for the United States. The Qtard, Infowarrior section of the GOP/the American right as a whole are no more my friends than the Democrats are.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whose mom should have gotten scooped by their dad's best friend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

He doesnt need to

"Ukraine" is in the subject line so they'll be checking in here to correct the record

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm all for helping Ukrainians be able to defend themself from Putin, but not at the cost of our own defenses, nor by tanking our economy to line pockets of bigwigs. However, I'd rather they didn't fight a pointless war at all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm all for helping Ukrainians be able to defend themself from Putin, but not at the cost of our own defenses, nor by tanking our economy to line pockets of bigwigs. However, I'd rather they didn't fight a pointless war at all.
View Quote

I agree with this. I have 0 problems whatsoever with a nation seeking to defend itself. Russia is also a geopolitical foe, so there is value in degrading their capabilities. On the other hand, things escalate bit by bit, and we are certainly involved in the war, even if we're not actively participating in the shooting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I would wager that these members and people like them are why we are in the spot we’re in.

Bump stock, mean tweet rino bros. Ukraine doesn’t deserve shit. Its actually helped strengthen biden in his career.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#22]
The time to decide your platforms was the primaries.

We're now at the general election and the only thing that matters is stonewalling the left.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one person in that thread, who I don’t recognize, claimed that.

I’m a “Ukraine Bro” and think that would be idiotic to put it mildly.

Most of the anti-Ukraine contingent on Arfcom believe that’s the norm as these posts are done to push that idea.

Only one rando claimed that in the Ukraine thread. Not “several long time members”.

The one that claimed it is dumb.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Ukraine would prefer to not be fighting too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He doesnt need to

"Ukraine" is in the subject line so they'll be checking in here to correct the record

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He doesnt need to

Lol….here!

One rando in a multi-thousand page thread did it and the OP runs to make a thread about it lol.

And here you are….
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Nah man, there are corrupt politicians in Ukraine so fuck the gen pop getting attacked and war crimes committed on them! Shouldn’t have let corruption be present! The random civies getting raped, shelled, and killed? Yawn!”

(Meanwhile in the US with our corrupt politicians we “allow”)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#28]
People don’t think agents of the state be like they are, but they do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m a single issue voter.

Defeat all Democrats!
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

“Nah man, there are corrupt politicians in Ukraine so fuck the gen pop getting attacked and war crimes committed on them! Shouldn’t have let corruption be present! The random civies getting raped, shelled, and killed? Yawn!”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine thinking the US us is shoveling money to Ukraine for humanitarian reasons
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Imagine thinking the US us is shoveling money to Ukraine for humanitarian reasons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Killing Russians is humanitarian.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’m all for the Ukraine whooping Russian ass, having said that, anyone that would put another countries security over our own is not thinking clearly.
View Quote

Some people are very invested in the thought of writing blank checks with no over sight to a country half the world away where a majority of Americans can't even point out on the map.  Oh did i mention no over sight of funds and that our most crooked politicians have formerly and currently had their fucking hands all up the ass of that country.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#34]
There is a Bush, McCain, Romney (aka neocon scumbag) wing of the GOP.

There is a Taft, Buchanan, Trump (aka America First) wing of the GOP.

They despise each other nearly as much as they do the criminalcratic party.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I’m a single issue voter.

Defeat all Democrats!
View Quote

More than that.

I’m a “far right” voter. No RINOS.

It’s pretty funny how people don’t think they will fully fund the breaking of Russia as well.

You don’t think Trumps endorsed candidates Walker, Oz, Vance, Rubio etc won’t pull the lever for killing Russians? Lol…

Tell me who you are voting for and I’ll show you someone who’s going to fund the Ukraine War.

Walker will and that’s who I’m voting for.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s too hard to fight the corruption here at home, and many of them wear black eyes from their support for the failed Afghanistan and Iraq wars. Much easier to get emotionally involved in some conflict thousands of miles away that’s only benefit to us is Natural Gas sales. Maybe they feel it’s a little redemption from their failed foreign policy conquests over the past 60 years.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lot of rape, murder and war crimes occurring throughout the world.   If the standard is we must stop the tragedy that has occurred when war and conquest occurs, be prepared to permanently occupy large swaths of Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's not the only issue that matters to me, but I'll definitely be scrutinizing GOP candidates' stances on Ukraine and foreign policy pretty closely. If it comes down to a neo-isolationist GOP candidate and a Democrat, I'll just abstain from voting. I'm not voting for someone who is stupid enough to think that ending the present destruction of our number 2 geopolitical opponent and withdrawing from the world will have a good outcome for the United States. The Qtard, Infowarrior section of the GOP/the American right as a whole are no more my friends than the Democrats are.
View Quote

Brilliant. Let's burn the village to save it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There is a lot of rape, murder and war crimes occurring throughout the world.   If the standard is we must stop the tragedy that has occurred when war and conquest occurs, be prepared to permanently occupy large swaths of Asia, Africa and Latin America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn’t about war crimes or those poor Ukrainians.  This is about Natural Gas.

We don’t get involved anywhere unless there is a benefit to us. And more often than not it’s natural resources & control/influence over them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story of our history.

Bad things only matter when they happen to me.

There are no threats unless I’m personally threatened.

Why risk my life for someone I don’t know.

The bad guy isn’t that bad since I’m not the victim. Even though he says he wants to kill me too.

Etc etc etc.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This isn’t about war crimes or those poor Ukrainians.  This is about Natural Gas.

We don’t get involved anywhere unless there is a benefit to us. And more often than not it’s natural resources & control/influence over them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Calls anyone supporting Ukraine ShareBlue.

Uses same line Code Pink & ShareBlue Dems used from 2002-to today.

“War for Oil gas”
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Snip...

View Quote

With the level of derangement that some of our members have over this war,

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly how I look at it. America and American interests first.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#45]
After the last presidential election I'm not voting anymore. I gave up on it just as I gave up on the NFL and Nascar. I just don't give a fuck anymore. I'm 52 years old and our girls are all adults. It's their time now. I wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing burn to the ground. At the end of the day it really doesn't affect your daily life, except for gas prices and we have already bought one Tesla. Turn off the news and leave it off. Your life will be better for it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

87chan is chock full of democrat supporters that can't openly support democrats, so they use some single issue as a proxy for attacking republicans.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone who votes Dem is dumber then a bag of dog shit.
View Quote

FTSFY
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

We can’t do both?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#49]
1. Call them out so we can publicly ridicule them for their idiotic position.

2. Ukraine being supported is WAAAAAAYYYY down my list of priorities.

3. However, I think helping Ukraine against Russia is a decent use of resources and may prevent larger conflicts later.

4. But the United States being daddy warbucks needs to stop.

5. Fuck that weiner asshole. Anyone who rejoices in pedo story time should be drawn and quartered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#50]
I generally support Ukraine in their fight against Russia.  I support lend lease of equipment and providing intel and training.

When it comes time to vote I'll be voting anti abortion first and pro gun second.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top