User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2002 6:30:48 PM EDT
Howdy,

Is it just me or has the board been down for the past few days?  Thanks,

Ben
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the first time I've been able to get on since Thursday night. WTF ? Did the server blow up or something ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Goatboy ate to much grass and exploded!
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
There are two theories floating around about the outage.

1.) Wide spread power outages due to Winter weather in NY State causing loss of power to server.

2.) GB didn't want anarchy while he and the boys were at the SHOT show so he pulled the plug.

Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Green Furniture - I like theory #2.

Seriously why was the site down for so long ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
GW?  Who's that?  I'm guessing the owner?  Someone fill me in so's I don't make no faux pas in the future!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is this site SO INCREDIBLY SLOW???????  Is it just me or is everyone having the same trouble??? Rebel
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The board is slow as hell for me too. I think the server took a shit and its now running from a backup server. That could explain why the site was down for so long too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I too have noticed that the board has been running slower for the past few days. Guess we have to wait until GB gets back from Vegas.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Everything's runnin' smooth for me now (even on my POS connection!)  Many thanks to the folks who solved the problem!!  Later,

Ben
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=91584]Goatboy[/url] promises a fix here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top